Count Down: Countdown Reached!!!

Lunaros

Re: Count Down: Countdown 0 Days

Post by Lunaros »

The link to the countdown mentioned in the first post is now a 404 Error page, and instead, there is a new link on CC2's main page:

http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link2/index2.html

And yep, it's the LINK PSP game. :3
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Alright. Its confirmed. And I was sitting here with one page open thinking they would update it at midnight. The excitement is back again.

Here is a message from the creators of the game.

d5t

Post by d5t »

|<!73 wrote:Alright. Its confirmed. And I was sitting here with one page open thinking they would update it at midnight. The excitement is back again.

Here is a message from the creators of the game.

Translation is on the front page!
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

Re: Count Down: Countdown Reached!!!

Post by Rental Daughter »

Yay... I think. I'm not sure what to think of this game as of yet. :| Hopefully this won't mean an absolutely horrible end for .hack. Here's to hoping it'll turn out well! ><; I still have to read Link though... Either way, it'll take a while before it's brought to the US so I have time.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Nice.
And well, the creators didn't really say anything about it being the final game or work overall, just an official word that this will indeed be the "link" of all .Hack series, all merged into this. And i don't really get what they mean by "deeply related to the game's systems themselves"...do they mean The World, or the actual game we're gonna play? x-X
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It means Link, maybe I should reword that.

Famitsu already says it's the last one, and in HUGE FONT under the silhouettes it says, "The Final Battle of 'The World.'" This ain't Kojima Productions, if they say they're ending something I expect it to end. Now I was hoping for a second that somehow their explanation of "Link" would reveal multiplayer, but sadly that's not the case.

EDIT: De-literalized it to "game's mechanics". How's that?
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

Post by Rental Daughter »

Kuukai wrote:Now I was hoping for a second that somehow their explanation of "Link" would reveal multiplayer, but sadly that's not the case.
Aw seriously? D: I was hoping that too... considering it's now on a PSP and all. (Although I completely forgot how the PSP works.) At least it being multiplayer would leave us with things to do after we beat the main story of the game........ since it's the end.

Geez. Now that I know it's the end I'm kind of sad to see .hack go. <__<; Even though just a few hours ago before it was confirmed, I was hoping that it was finally going to be the end.
Hexen

Post by Hexen »

if i look into the scans, the player numbers indicate "4" to me or something.. :P
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

if it says yon or shi those are both the words for four in japan.
Aika

Post by Aika »

Well this is terrible news. I'm not going to buy a PSP for one game. They would have been better off using the PS2. Sadly going to have to miss this game.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Hexen wrote:if i look into the scans, the player numbers indicate "4" to me or something.. :P
Huh? Where?
Pic0o

Post by Pic0o »

I'm finally in the loop on this //LINK installment. I got a PSP for Castlevania DCX, so no handheld needed, just this .hack game.

Day Damn One for me. I'll be playing Lunch, Potty, Home, Etc. :D
zxadvent

Post by zxadvent »

since link is 50% complete in making the game, i have the feeling that it's going to be out soon in japan then maybe about 5-8 months later we should get it here in america
Azure Ace

Post by Azure Ace »

That sounds about right... well, the second part does. It probably won't be out until well into 2010. I'm usually pessimistic, though, so don't get to depressed about my assumptions just because I'm right 99% of the time. I still can't get over that "Final installment" thing, though. The game will probably be released in July of next year, same time as Trilogy is released this year. That's really just a guess, so don't hold me to it.
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

Well if it comes out then I should be able to buy a PSP really cheap and get the game in the same day.
zxadvent

Post by zxadvent »

i know what u mean azure ace about the "final installment". i thought they may make another one after link,but when i say the words "final installment" i was like WHAT!!!!!,but it being release in 2010 now that sounds like a bunch of bulls**t to me.
Rattlingjoint

Post by Rattlingjoint »

I'd assume a safe bet could be the game MIGHT be squeezed for a holiday 09' release. PSP games arent like Next Gen or last gen games. They dont take 2+ years. Game development usually works in its percentages. 70% means its done; 80% means Initial bugfixes 90% means the game is in beta. Then comes Mass production and marketing.

My real question is; I have really read anything yet other then skim through posts but is the game even confirmed for a U.S. release? Is the manga even out in the US?(again dont really follow this either) Poor product sales can lead to the cancelation of an Int'l release.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Well, not officially, but the U.S., along with Europe are on the .hack//Link weblink page. There's a strong chance of this comming to the U.S. and Europe both.
Mel

Countdown Reached!!!

Post by Mel »

Thanks for sharing this with us, but I think the link is broken; there was an error when I clicked on it :(
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, it's been like 2 months since the countdown in that site reached 0 and showed us the "surprise": .Hack//LINK being released to the PSP. So the countdown page itself is pretty much worthless now, the link you should be looking at instead is this one:P
http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link2/index2.html