Re: .hack//Bullet (English Fan Translation)

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

(Phantom) Thief

Re: .hack//Bullet (English Translation: UPDATED DEC. 31, 201

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

roru_aurarios wrote:Though Chapter 16 is done (unexpectedly surprised), what about Chapter 15? It is still halfway done. What happened on in the end of this Chapter? Take your time. No forces here. I am just curiously mentioning about it.
Hmm. Here this way. The original chapter 15 also ends with to be continued. Note the text for Lilie as well. Because Kazetrigger sometimes ends edits with the same message it looks as if the chapter was unfinished.
Kazetrigger

Re: .hack//Bullet (English Translation: UPDATED JAN. 20, 201

Post by Kazetrigger »

17 Rat Hunt

He decided to log-in with his battle-form from the get-go. His battle-form had much higher stats than his normal-form, but the cost of its use was higher physical and mental fatigue. Yet, the skills that Ryuuji had as a player made up for his weakened state, so he had no choice but to rely on his current PC. In his normal-form, if by any chance he should encounter a rat, he would not be able to deal with it.

Mac Anu was filled with more hustle and bustle than usual.

Flugel noticed this as he warped in at the Chaos Gate on the opening day of the “Monster Town Raid.”

The “Monster Town Raid” is an event whereby the blockades to the town have been broken and players must defend the town against monsters that appear. During this event, the whole town becomes like a carnival with monsters and PCs hunting each other down.

In the main square, a few system administrator PCs were calling out to those who were walking the streets.

“The 'Monster Town Raid' Event 'Rat Hunt' will soon begin. Those who wish to participate and have not done so already, please make your way over here.”

The information-dealer had not yet appeared on the cafe terrace. While Flugel was glancing at the PCs that were taking their usual spots in the square, he tried to remember the details of the event that he had heard from the information-dealer. Apparently the word was that a herd of giant rat monsters was to attack the town. A rat hunt. A name that feels like a strange coincidence.

In any case, it's going to happen, thought Flugel. It's best to concentrate on hunting rats over here.
Flugel took out his playing cards and lined them up on the table one at a time. While placing the cards in the shape of Babel Tower, he ruminated over the events leading up to now. In any case, he had only touched upon the things that he knew.

He played to the middle of the Tower of Babel and then he saw the information-dealer coming from across the street.

The information-dealer turned away in disgust as he glanced at the system administrators and walked straight to the front of the cafe terrace. His eyes met with Flugel's, then he looked away, walked past Flugel, wandered around the entrance to the cafe terrace, and came back to his original spot. He looked at Flugel's face once again.

“Yo,” said Flugel, raising his hand.

“You're the Boss I'm supposed to meet?” said the information-dealer.

He finally seemed to have noticed.

“What's with the look? I thought you were someone else as I was passing by,” the dealer added.

“You mean I've become far more handsome? Truely?” asked Flugel with a chuckle.

“I've changed my look. What do you think? You'll be seeing me like this from now on, so it's nice to meet you,” Flugel said.

“Changed, eh? Looks like winter clothes no matter how you look at it,” the dealer said in a low voice as he sat across from Flugel.

“The preparation procedures for the 'Rat Hunt' have ended. The event begins now. I wish you all a good battle,” one of the system administrators could be heard calling out in a booming voice to those in the square.

“Huh? What's going on today? Do you know what this is? Or did you track the progress?” said the information-dealer.

“I have to be honest, I didn't find out anything about 'bubbles,'” he added.

“It's okay that you've come empty-handed. Instead, I have a higher priority job I want you to do,” Flugel said while he sorted the cards.

“A PC was attacked by a non-specification monster, causing a so-called Lost One case. I want you to make a list of them,” continued Flugel.

“That's such a classic occult story. Is it meaningful to examine such a thing now?” said the dealer.

“I'm not saying to make a complete list. There is one requirement. The colour of the monster,” said Flugel.

“The colour?”

“The monster was covered with a 'purple' hexagonal effect. Only list the cases in which that term is involved. Ah, that's right. I'll narrow down the incidents that occurred. From April of this year―no, from June of last year until now. I want you to concentrate on that one year range.”

April of 2023 is the month in which Yuri Seto disappeared, and June of 2022 is the month in which he was recruited by CC Corp. San Diego.

From the description so far, Flugel noticed that his companion was only half listening to him.

The information-dealer stared blankly into space. He looked as though he was in deep thought. Then, he suddenly looked at Flugel's eyes and came back to reality.

“What's wrong?” asked Flugel.

“Uhhh, it's nothing. I just had something else on my mind,” said the information-dealer in a soft voice.

Flugel looked with suspicious narrowed eyes into the goggles of the information-dealer.

“Do you know something? About the purple non-spec monster,” he asked.

“No, not at all,” said the information-dealer as he shook his head in a panic.

“I don't know anything about that. I just thought that I should learn all I can about it,” he added.

The rat-hunting event had begun in the square.

Magic beast-type Rat-monsters, each the size of a small horse, began to appear in succession. The event participants, encountering the monsters, immediately rushed into battle. Roars and cheers, as well as weapon and magic sound effects, resonated throughout the area.

Flugel and the information-dealer could not be attacked by monsters as they were not participants in the event. Such were the rules. Non-participating players watched the fighting unfold before them from the cafe terrace.

When Flugel looked back at the cards that were aligned on the table, he noticed something moving at the edge of his vision. A pudgy little shadow ran over the pavement. Flugel followed it with his eyes and was startled.

It was a rat. It was not a giant rat-monster that had been deformed in the game. It was the figure of a real rat. It was the creature he had encountered at the “Pet Shop Chims.”

The rat stopped, turned its neck and looked over its shoulder at Flugel. It spoke in a raspy voice like a creaking tree.

“You don't dance?”

The rat squeaked.

“You won't dance for me?” the rat said.

Flugel swiftly stood up and took Brieler Roessle in his right hand.

“Ah!”

The information-dealer almost fell from his chair in surprise as Flugel continued to follow the rat at gunpoint. However, the rat ran into a back alley faster than Flugel could aim.

Flugel left his seat and moved closer to the back alley while still holding his handgun.

“What was that voice just now? Hey, what's going on, Boss?”

The information-dealer saw Flugel take off and was dumbfounded, clicked his tongue in indignation and immediately got up and followed after him.

Around them players were too distracted by the battle going on to pay any attention to what had just happened.

While the back alley twisted between brick buildings on the left and right, it extended all the way to the back. It was not possible to see to the back, but if he left here, he'd be leaving the port.

“Boss. Hey,” said the information-dealer as he raised his hand.

He couldn't find the figure of the rat. Instead he saw things like pipes and boxes hidden by steam on the sides of the alley. He wondered whether it was hiding in the shade of one of them. Or if it possibly turned into the next alley.

Flugel tried to step into the back alley while being cautious.

“Boss! That thing's dangerous!” cried out the information-dealer.

It came out as a high-pitch scream that echoed throughout the square. It was a scream coloured with fear and pain, not something that could be emitted during normal gameplay. Flugel stopped and looked towards the square. Then he looked at the sight in front of him and gasped.

The rodent-monsters were flocking to the event attendees. This was not one of the conditions of the battle. A hamster-like monster grabbed the PC bodies of the participants with both hands and pierced them with his teeth and chewed on them little by little as though nibbling on sunflower seeds. Its whole body was covered in the purple hexagon effect like what Flugel had seen before.

A still-intact Blade Brandier went deep into the mass of monsters, brandishing his blade in order to save a comrade, and the rodent-monsters did not seem bothered in the slightest. One of the rats made a furious swipe at the warrior's torso. The values and effects that represent damage under normal conditions were supposed to be indicated. That was not what happened. Instead, pieces of data chunks from his chest and shoulders were completely stripped away from his body.

The data spilled out like a liquid, flowing like blood from a hollowed out wound, and the PC turned into a ghostly figure of fine particles. The Blade Brandier fell to the ground and let out a groan of pain. Several rat-monsters began to flock together, blocking the player from view.

Soon screams one after the other could be heard everywhere. Someone called out for help while weeping. The player's voice was full of pain.

Flugel and his companion had been in a harsh plight at the Cafe Terrace until a moment ago. The PC's that remained back and watched the events with a sense of detachment were late escaping. Tables and chairs were overturned and the rodent-monsters were huddled together. They heartily bit and tore at the data that streamed from the neck of the PC body and gulped it down.

Flugel and the information-dealer looked stunned at this vision of hell. The rodent-monsters did not try to come back towards the alley. The violence was limited to just the main square.

“Ah, I'm sorry I'm late,” Flugel said to the information-dealer in as calm a voice as he could muster.

It was difficult to speak with his tongue stuck to his palate.

“Please, logout. The situation has become dangerous,” he continued.

The information-dealer just stood there as though entranced by the disaster in front of him and with those words he snapped back to reality and looked at Flugel. His face twitched.

“Oh, uhhh, I'm so sorry you had to go through that!” said the information-dealer sharply before he quickly transferred out and disappeared.

Flugel felt a little uncomfortable at those words, but there was no time to think about it too much. Now he had to concentrate on the rat-monsters in front of him.

What was going on? These rat-monsters were not official monsters in the game. At one time they may have been, but now they were not. They had become data bugs like the Grunty God. The same phenomena that happened at the “Pet Shop Chims” was now happening in the square of Mac Anu.

When he thought about it, from behind him Flugel heard a voice like cicadas rubbing their legs together.

“Squeak squeak. You don't dance?”

Flugel, as though drawn in, turned around and drew his gun. Across from him was the figure of a small rat against the wall. It watched Flugel through its slitted eyes.

“You don't want to dance? Squeak squeak.”

Flugel shot his gun. He hit the target. The rat let out a cry and the data of its body went rigid. It rolled on the ground like a figurine.

Flugel stooped down trying to determine whether the rat could “fix” its data and though there was one rat already in the back of the alley, he soon noticed another rat. Here after dusk, it asked with upturned eyes.

“Would you like to dance? Do you dance?” squeaked the rat.

Then he inverted his body faster than Brieler Roessle could shoot and disappeared into the back of the alley.

Flugel jumped into the dark alley. He chased the rat and when he turned a third corner, he lost sight of the small animal. Flugel stopped trailing them there.

He lightly leaned against steam pipes that protruded purple things from the wall. He quietly sat up and noticed a single figure standing nearby. This figure was wearing a uniform and cap like that of a guard. It was a system administrator PC.

He stood only a few metres away from Flugel. Surprised by the events outside, he looked as though he would try to run away into the back alley. He looked at Flugel who had just appeared and tried to rush over to him.

“Don't come any closer. Logout,” yelled Flugel as he warned the perimeter. The rats were likely still lurking somewhere.

“Mac Anu is in critical condition right now. Don't do emergency maintenance or anything, just leave and stop the game immediately,” Flugel continued yelling.

However, as soon as he said it, Flugel noticed the strange look on the face of the other player. This PC's purple-coloured lips formed into a distorted grin.

“If they're out, don't worry. There are no accidents in life,” the player said, his lips moving softly, giving off a deep gentle voice.

“I just had to clear out the people is all. I wanted to have a delicate little talk with you,” the figure continued.

He moved forward, slowly lifted his thin pale right hand, and pinched the visor of his school cap which covered his eyes and nose. He removed the cap and his long black hair came undone with a whoosh.

“Pleased to meet you, Flugel of Schicksal,” he said while smiling at Flugel with long and narrow eyes.

There was the gaze that Flugel remembered. Twice now he saw the very same eyes. The first time in the real world, when he had viewed documents and photos of a computer cracker. The second time in the game, when he had looked directly into the eyes of the rat right before it exploded.

“Or, would you mind calling me the 'Grunty God Killer'?” the figure said, as though he were a close friend telling a joke.

Flugel was struck by a feeling of dread like a bolt of electricity.

No. This PC was not a system administrator. He came out on his own. This guy was... This PC was...

Flugel thrust at Brieler Roessle with his right hand.

“Yuri Seto?” he asked in a dry voice.

“Some people call me that,” the other replied.

Then he smiled like a saint.
Last edited by Kazetrigger on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amaso

Post by Amaso »

Didn't read yet , but it's the 21st now :lol:
At least in my country.
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

Amaso wrote:Didn't read yet , but it's the 21st now :lol:
At least in my country.
Haha. I should have taken that into consideration, but I'm going by my timezone which is GMT-3:30.

Most of the world is now the 21st. Ha.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Cripe. That was an insane chapter. I'm actually really waiting on edge for the next one.

Nice job translating, Kaze!
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

that's messed up! I hope those players are ok... no wait, I hope Fluegel will be ok <:3
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Flugel is a badass, of course he'll be okay. 8)
(Phantom) Thief

I feel the tension!!!
The “Monster Town Raid” is an event whereby the blockades to the town have been broken and players must defend the town against monsters that appear. During this event, the whole town becomes like a carnival with monsters and PCs hunting each other down.
This reminded me of A.I. Buster.
Amaso

Post by Amaso »

This chapter actually reminds me of //Quantum , the Monsters with Purple Hexagons attacking Mac Anu , and the Information-Dealer seem to be the same as the one who worked with Hermit (Geek).
Kazetrigger

Re: .hack//Bullet (English Translation: UPDATED FEB. 07, 201

Post by Kazetrigger »

18 Interview

He leisurely moved his delicate slender arm and dropped the cap. The purple cap rolled over the cobblestone in a gentle arc, hit a wall, bounced back, and suddenly dropped.

For a while the two stood across from each other in the back alley and did not move.

In the square outside the screams and moans had already stopped. Not a single sound could be heard.

The man, who had the appearance of a system administrator PC, smiled at Flugel. His eyes shimmered but somewhere in his pupils was a tinge of sadness.

Yuri Seto. The name of the man who killed a total of fifteen people. By spreading a virus throughout the network, he killed seven people twenty years ago, and after Seto's release from prison, Mr. Kiyoteru Yodogawa became the eighth victim.

Flugel held Brieler Roessle at the ready and raised the hammer. The sound of the click broke the silence in the dim alley.

“Well?” Flugel asked the other brusquely.

The man continued to smile and gently titled his head.

“What do you mean 'well'?” the man asked.

“What should I call you? The name of the PC that has become a thorn in my side. Seto? Geist? How about I lump them together and call you 'Geiseto'?” said Flugel.

As he spoke, Flugel measured the distance between him and his opponent.

The back alley was narrow. They were sandwiched between boorish walls to their left and right. The ability to dodge sideways would certainly be limited. Using the Curse Gun was the ideal option.

However, it was too far. The opponent was standing just a little out of striking distance. Flugel didn't like the situation one bit. Even if he shot from here, the Curse Gun would have no effect. Even if the bullet hit, the data would not freeze.

Just one step closer. No, two steps would do the trick.

“I put in a lot of time and effort to see your face. Would you like me to tell you about it? Oh, shall I shorten 'Geiseto' and just call you 'Geis'? Oh my, would this just be the perfect nickname for you? 'Geis,' a nice name, isn't it?” said Flugel.

While laughing giddily, he casually moved forward just half a step.

Flugel resisted the temptation to approach all at once.

The rat from before was probably still lurking somewhere in the back alley.

He would have to be careful to not let the PC escape before his eyes. It would be terrible to get caught in the rat's flash and let them get away. Being defeated like that could mean unconsciousness or even death for Flugel.

He had an idea about the other's goal. He'd probably set off a flash from the rat the moment Flugel tried to shoot. He felt that he should take aim at his opponent with exact timing in order to rely on the bullet.

“You don't have to be so cautious. I'm not here to fight with you,” said the man quietly.

“Furthermore, I'm not plotting to use the rat just when you plan to pull the trigger,” he said.

Flugel stopped moving.

The man pressed his right hand to his head and gently brushed his hair. His jet-black hair flowed past his shoulders like waving tentacles.

“The name of this PC doesn't matter. Call it what you want. I'll just tell you two things,” said the man.

He stopped brushing his hair and brought his right hand in front of his face and raised his index and middle finger.

“One, whether it's 'Geiseto' or 'Geis,' it's a really low and stupid pun. You should take care to not get caught up in a selfish sense of humour,” he said with a tone like a teacher scolding a poorly-performing student.

“Two, you just made a remark to the effect that it was difficult for you to meet with me. That is not a correct assessment. I wanted to see you, so I came to meet you. That's the gist of it. It's not your right to decide who to interview regarding this, so it is irrelevant how much of a hard time you had up to this point,” the man added.

“Interview?” asked Flugel.

The man nodded.

“I want to talk with you,” he said.

“Talk?”

“Yes, that's right.”

“Well, what do you want to ask?”

Flugel took aim and shrugged his shoulders.

During this, he moved his left foot half a step forward.

There was no sign of the rat.

If he took one step closer, he'd be inside Brieler Roessle's range.

“Well, aren't you going to ask me something? Go ahead,” said Flugel.

“Thank you,” the man said with a smile. The smile remained on his face.

“'God doles out tests evenly,” said the man.

“What?”

“For those trying to do something, what do you think the most important thing is?”

“What are you talking about?”

“This is a test,” said the man, ignoring Flugel's question.

“Tests, aside from the differences in size and magnitude, are something that in the life of every human being without exception. There are tests, difficulties, predicaments, adversities, sufferings, and woes that occur in life. Most people wish to avoid such challenges in life if they can help it. But that it wrong. Precisely because people overcome challenges, that is why they're able to find value in their actions,” the man said, continuing to talk with a smile on his face.

“That is to say, it would be nice to say that the person is chosen by the trial. I think I was chosen by a test, and I want to overcome it. From now on, I want to prove the validity of trying to form myself. I want my trial,” the man said.

“Religious talk? I'm not really interested in that,” said Flugel.

“No, it's mind talk,” said the man.

“I can somehow imagine by your explanation that you brought your mind to a state of nirvana.”

“I don't care at all if you want to make me out to be a madman,” said the man while maintaining his serene look.

“Ah, well, I hear you. What is this 'act of trying to form yourself?' Spreading a killer virus?”

“That is a way. I want to erase a little something called the Net from this world.”

“Ohhh... What?”

“I will cause the Net, like The World, to be abandoned by human beings all over the world. That is my goal. Hence the rat, and hence the Deadly Flash.”

“You started to talk pretty big.”

“There is certainly a hell,” said the man.

“This is a land of the unclean. A place where the endless torrent of desire continually overflows. A place where terrible scream and sinister cries roar. A place I do not belong...”

A mysterious light began to dominate the man's eyes.

“The Net is Hell. Here everyone gives off a rotten smell. A repulsively lingering stench wafts throughout the air,” the man continued.

“You have a very soothing imagination,” murmured Flugel.

“Everyone knows that there is an evil influence in the Net. Everyone knows that the Net is dangerous. They know, yet they don't do anything about it. Even though they have experienced a Network Crisis many times, people still keep using the Net. They just don't learn. At the end of the day it's the same thing, everyone knows, yet they don't know. That's why I decided to take action,” said the man.

The man sighed and glanced down. He took his gaze off of Flugel.

Here was an opportunity.

A chance. It was the perfect time to strike him with a bullet.

Flugel took a step forward. He pulled the trigger. The magic bullet was fired into the distance and struck the forehead of the man who didn't even try to avoid it. His PC body's data completely froze and was now free to be tampered with. He instantaneously computed whether the man was accessing the Net from anywhere in the real world. If he let David know, NAB, with branches all over the world, could quickly secure the custody of Yuri Seto. Troublesome negotiations may be required to recover the sensitive information of CyberConnect, but the case could be closed at any rate. A happy ending. The story becomes famous.

Yet, Flugel did not do it. He didn't take the last step. He hesitated at the last moment. He looked down.

The system administrator's cap was rolling.

It was the thing the man had cast off.

It was a natural gesture. However, now that he thought about it, it seemed really unnatural.

Or was it a coincidence? Why was this hat within striking range all of a sudden?

That's it. The man ought to know. About Brieler Roessle. This man, who stole confidential information from CyberConnect, should surely know the capabilities of Flugel. Yet, why, in this back alley that prevented his own movement, did the man contact Flugel?

Alarm bells rang in the back of Flugel's head. He could smell the danger.

Flugel aimed the gun and took a step back. Then another step. He moved away from the hat.

The man slowly looked up. His face moved, and his shoulder-length black hair flowed down. A shadow of an evil smile crossed his handsome face. Something lurking in the dark wriggled suddenly in the light, then laughed as it once again hid back into the shadows.

“What's the matter, Flugel?” the man said in a hushed tone.

“If I don't come closer, your Brieler Roessle can't take effect, is that it?” he continued.

Suddenly the hat started jiggling. The shaking became more violent and the hat turned over. Then countless rats came out of the hat in droves. Many came out bearing fangs, and reached for Flugel's feet.

Flugel gasped in surprise and flew down to the ground.

The hat continued to spit out rats one after the other.

“Congrats. If you come a little closer, you'll be disqualified...,” said the man.

The rats started to run around the man like muddy water. The small animals with purple effects on them, while shaking their nose, whiskers, tail, and other hideous parts, crowded together very closely.

“I wonder whether you deserve my test. I wanted to determine this with today's interview.”

The man's quiet voice clearly reached Flugel's ears from the middle of the squeaking rats.

“So far you have performed very favourably. I predict that you could be my best test subject yet.”

His voice became low.

“However, it all depends on the final test results. I sincerely hope you pass. For my sake and for yours.”

Rats began climbing the walls to the left and right all at once, and when they started to create a vertical formation, Flugel felt intense chills run down his spine.

This was bad. There was no escape. Not in this terrain. Not in a back alley. It was the opposite, Flugel realized. He should have noticed sooner.

It was he that had been cornered.

Flugel turned on his heel and started running at full speed without looking back.

“The contents of the final test...,” the man called out.

“...Is to get out of here alive,” he continued.

Immediately the flock of rats came out from all sides and rushed towards Flugel like a stream of muddy water. The countless cries of rats sounded as one, sounding like a strong wind that splits rocks as they came near Flugel.

He continued to run. He made a right turn without slowing down until he reached the crossroads. He went straight and was sandwiched between the monsters in the square and the rats behind him.

He went to work on his options while running desperately.

Could he log out? That was impossible. He'd have to stop for a moment to perform the action. They'd catch up in a few seconds.

Should he fight? It was no use. Brieler Roessle couldn't take them all out in one shot. It had no chance of winning against this horde.

All he could do was run away. He had no choice but to run, shake off the rats, and log out from a distance.

The exit leading to the outside came into sight.

At that moment, one rat approached from behind, kicked off of the wall and jumped at Flugel's left hand. He was pierced by a fang in his left hand. He felt a severe dizzying pain. A sharp pain passed through the ligaments of his hand in the real world.

He groaned in pain and grabbed the grip of Brieler Roessle, slammed it down unceremoniously on the rat, and fell down.

The rat's defense and hit points seemed to decrease. On the other hand, it's attack power was very high.

Two rats jumped at the gun in Flugel's right hand. Then there were three rats at his left hand. Furthermore, some of them clung to the hem of his mantle and started climbing up onto him. He furiously shook his arms to get the rats off of him. He stomped at the rats as they dropped to his feet and he lost his balance.

Flugel stumbled as countless rats poured over him.

He was overtaken.

Dammit -- there was no time to think.

Flugel was overtaken by rats all over his PC body, and they began to eat away at him. He stood up once, but fell back down due to the unbearable weight.

Flugel lay on all fours and, while being devoured by the rats, Flugel looked back. He raised his right hand and took hold of Brieler Roessle. Across from him stood the PC operated by Yuri Seto. Without even blinking, he watched Flugel get ripped apart under a pile of rats. Through his shiny eyes were pupils tinged with sadness. He was still smiling. He was out of striking distance.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

boy, that escalated pretty quickly!

I will repeat what I said in the last post: "I hope Fluegel will be alright!"
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?! D: [/HeavyWeaponsGuy]

Best chapter yet. That was crazy.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

Ever wonder why 'Geiseto' use rats as a means to drove people away from internet?
And somehow, 'closer bonding' to cyber world involves cat form? (Macha, Mia, Hermit)

daaaaamn.
(Phantom) Thief

Flugel was defeated and a villain actually won. MADNESS, PURE MADNESS... Anyhow, thanks for another chapter, what were you thinking while you read it. Also who are the other seven victims?
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

.hackers.net. WE HAVE OUR OWN TRANSLATERS ****.
Amaso

Post by Amaso »

The name of this chapter on the official Page is called Test not Interview (look at the URL).
"http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_bullet/18_test.html"
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

Amaso wrote:The name of this chapter on the official Page is called Test not Interview (look at the URL).
"http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_bullet/18_test.html"
That is an error on the part of the Japanese writers. 面談 means Interview. I have consulted numerous dictionaries about it and each one says interview. Also, both the words test and interview are mentioned in the chapter, and although the test is an important theme in the chapter, what is actually happening between the characters is a discussion or INTERVIEW about tests.

I understand your questioning, but you have to realize that the writers probably don't speak English fluently and are prone to mistakes. Look at the title of chapter chapter 16 "notReturnees." That's grammatically incorrect in English. The grammatical term would be Unreturner which still sounds strange. The official title in North America is Lost One. So, you see, had the Japanese writers known this, they should have properly named the URL. But they didn't, which shows that they don't understand English. A simple use of Google Translate reveals the ungrammatical translation of the title, suggesting that the people at CCCorp used Google Translate to name their URLs. Google translate is not entirely reliable.

So, for those reasons, I will not change the title.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

Huh, .hack//bullet's release is pretty slow isn't it?
Amaso

Post by Amaso »

VirusCoreS wrote:Huh, .hack//bullet's release is pretty slow isn't it?
yeah , they're now sooo busy with Guilty Dragon, Naruto Storm 3 , and Shadow Escaper...
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_bullet/19_ste ... chine.html

Incase anyone may have missed it, chapter 19 was posted last week! Its different from what the previous 19 was listed as (originally: 下水道 ) while the new one's 蒸気噴出機. An on the listings now go up to 26! Possibly to accomodate for this new one? I don't think we'll know how long it'll go until its over an done with!