Re: .hack//Bullet (English Fan Translation)

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Kazetrigger

Re: .hack//Bullet (English Translation: UPDATED JULY 28, 201

Post by Kazetrigger »

VirusCoreS wrote:Thanks for update Kaze, we appreciate it very much.
The pace seems to be slowing down. I kinda expect the plot will be elevating soon.

Question: This Grid, does 'he' same type as Sora's Makoto-san? And this Grid shaped like Cello's Doll? :D
I know it's not stated in novel, but... what do you think?

Also... does anyone think the chapters a little bit too short? Because I do.
(I've made fanfic of online game before with average 14 page in each chapter)
But maybe it's just me, or that amount is average in Japanese web novel?
It's hard to say, but since they give him a name, and the story takes place only a year before the movie, it's quite possible that Grid is the same type of robot. I have no idea what he looks like though.

This is a light novel, so the chapters aren't meant to be too long. It seems that Japanese novels, especially when related to anime or manga, tend to be shorter. This is probably shorter than the average .hack novel though. It depends on how many more chapters are on the way.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^-^ Thank you so much for translating the light novel~ Its one less .hack the majority fans would miss out on (@o@)b
roru_aurarios

Post by roru_aurarios »

Since Grid, a Cyber-Robot appeared on 2023, would you kindly add Grid on the character roster, but as a minor in list?

That makes me curious. When does Cyber-Robots were invented? Was after 2020 of the .hack//LINK story? That leaves some gap on that part.
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

roru_aurarios wrote:Since Grid, a Cyber-Robot appeared on 2023, would you kindly add Grid on the character roster, but as a minor in list?

That makes me curious. When does Cyber-Robots were invented? Was after 2020 of the .hack//LINK story? That leaves some gap on that part.
I see what you're saying, but I find it unnecessary to add Grid to the character list. One, he doesn't speak in this story (not yet anyway) and he has not been added to the character list on the original Japanese site and doesn't have a bio to go with him. Overall, he's not an important part of this story.

Unless he starts speaking, I'm going to leave him off the list for now.

As to when they were invented, that's hard to say. My guess would be between 2022 and 2024. In .hack//Quantum they do not appear, but in this story, taking place a year later, there is mention of a robot that controls appliances and electronics in homes. However, in .hack//Beyond the World, they are shown frequently and are advertised on televisions as the latest and greatest thing. So, unless new info comes out to say for sure, the safest guess is that they were probably being developed around 2022-2023, but were not released in the form we know them as until 2024.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Awesome update. :)
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

Yo Kaze~ I'm here to nag you for update! :D
nah, just kidding, I know you're kinda busy at moment :D
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

VirusCoreS wrote:Yo Kaze~ I'm here to nag you for update! :D
nah, just kidding, I know you're kinda busy at moment :D
Haha. Don't worry. I'm working on it. The latest two chapters were released at the same time and they're long, so it may take a while to get these out. After that, at least three more chapters are going to be released. This turned out to be longer than I expected.
roru_aurarios

Post by roru_aurarios »

While Chapter Seven and Eight are currently being translated, I want to show these coming soon chapters in the coming weeks of August.

NOTE: The first will be the Japanese Kanji version, the second will be the Japanese Romaji version, and for the third will be the possible English translation (since translations are not my strong points, but I am still learning about it).

Date: August 17, 2012 - coming soon
Chapter 09 怪物
Chapter 09 Kaibutsu
Chapter 09 Monster

Date: August 31, 2012 - coming soon
Chapter 10 影
Chapter 10 Ei
Chapter 10 Shadow or Phantom (either one of these possible translations of the story)

Date: August 31, 2012 - coming soon
Chapter 11 九竜トキオ
Chapter 11 Kuryuu Tokio
Chapter 11 Tokio Kuryuu (either way, it is a person's name; I just used the western style)

Cannot wait to read Chapter 11. I want to know of what is happening to Tokio after he saved the world from .hack//LINK storyline.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

as I expect, we are all interested by chapter 11 :D

btw, I skim chapter 08 Curse Gun, and found the illustration kinda rushed...
That, or they change the illustrator. Either way, at least they could put more thought on it -_-a
I'm not saying disappointed, but... it's look like unfinished sketch ~3~
Kazetrigger

Re: .hack//Bullet (English Translation: UPDATED AUGUST 19, 2

Post by Kazetrigger »

UPDATE!
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Awesome! I started reading all the way through today. What do you think is going to happen next? Also how did you decide to translate the more technical terms? To add it has a great flow, I don't feel bored as you switch the word translations.
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Awesome! I started reading all the way through today. What do you think is going to happen next? Also how did you decide to translate the more technical terms? To add it has a great flow, I don't feel bored as you switch the word translations.
I don't know for sure, but I get the feeling that Flugel will end up meeting with some influential characters we know. Also, the 12th chapter references a cathedral, so it's probably the lost ground Hulle Granz Cathedral.

There aren't many technical terms in this, but I had some trouble with the word "information-dealer." One dictionary suggested that the kanji meant "police-informer", but this is not made explicitly clear in the story, and literally it reads closer to info-dealer, so I went with that.

Terms for company positions required some research into work hierarchies in Japan. Otherwise, it wasn't too hard. A lot of the computer terms use the English word in katakana form, so they were easily recognizable.

Chapter 7 was tough because Flugel's character wasn't identified by name right away and the two men differed only by one beinbg called "he" and other other "this man." Sometimes I got confused as to who was doing something, so I had to use context to clarify it. I may still have left a mistake in. i'll have to check it over again soon.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

Thank you very much kaze for translating this!! :D

What the hell with this web novel??? It's so awesome!! o(OwO)o
This automatically one of coolest thing in third era.

I'll try bring more of my friends here, some people really should say thanks to you for translating this epic novel.
Kazetrigger

Re: .hack//Bullet (English Translation: UPDATED AUGUST 24, 2

Post by Kazetrigger »

Update!
(Phantom) Thief

Great work. You are almost at the newest chapter.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

I think you should shorten player-character into PC, Kaze :)
So, Schickal PCs have difficulty at logging off, huh? controlling one exhaust the player.

btw,
It's sort of a clever joke. Virgin and Pluto; it's OK to kiss either of them.
:lol:
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

Yeah, I suppose I could. I wanted to avoid confusion with Personal Computer though. If you guys all realize what they mean, then PC is fine.

Also, that joke was hard to translate. It didn't really make sense to me, so I translated it very literally, but I don't know if there's more other nuance of humour in Japanese that isn't present here.
(Phantom) Thief

Kazetrigger in chapter five you translated that the The World R:1 & R:2 had decreased in popularity. Are both revisions resuming their run by 2023 as separate servers like with FFOnline or the earlier PSO series?
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Kazetrigger in chapter five you translated that the The World R:1 & R:2 had decreased in popularity. Are both revisions resuming their run by 2023 as separate servers like with FFOnline or the earlier PSO series?
It's not made very clear, but I don't think so. My understanding is that the older versions decreased in popularity more than the latest version has so far. I didn't make that very clear in my translation, but again, the sentence itself is kind of vague about it.
Crealle

Re: .hack//Bullet (English Translation: UPDATED JULY 9, 2012

Post by Crealle »

The Tokio mentioned in part three is unlikely to be the same Tokio, given that as a 17 or 18 year old, he would not likely be on a trip with 12-13 year olds, unless as a chauffeur or something.
Actually, it might just be the same Tokio. I think she was actually talking about acquaintances she got souvenirs for. Before mentioning Tokio, she mentions "Nome" and "Nene", which may refer to Metronom and Clarinette respectfully.