The Manga

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

The Manga

Post by shugo_lover »

So I finally bought and read the manga today. It wasn't what I expceted it to be. I'm actually disappointed in it. It didn't seem like I was reading something .hack// related.
I liked these ideas

1. Tokio geting sucked into the game

2. Going threw time

3. meeting and helping out the old .hack// characters

4. Joining up with Tokio

and that was it >.> It seemed to me like Tsukasa was a little out of character for some reason, but thats just me.
So what do you guys think of the manga? Like dislike? What were part you liked and didn't like? Do you all together like the concept?
(Phantom) Thief

Re: The Manga

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Tokio hasn't touched the records in the comic. He has "repaired" the data but I haven't seen him travel as in the game. I do like the comic from a relaxed sense so concept's good but if I had a preference it would go to main series. Let's see like: volume 3. The method he learned for skills seems better than his game counter part, also panzer saika dislike: story format, unlike link, twilight knights seemed rushed at the beginning. The move from tsukasa to haseo was too similar and because it hasn't gotten into that background story yet the comic becomes awkward. However overall something I do appreciate is the focus on the real world it sometimes gives. It has more weight on that.
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Are there any infos when vol. 4 will be out in japan?
I know that the manga is officially still beeing published, but since the release of the game there wasn't any announcement or mention about Megane's work on it anymore ~
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

According to the final .hack corner in Kero Kero Ace, Vol.3 is the end of the manga.
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Yeah - that's what I've heard before, too. I just wondered after seeing Tokyopop's 3th volume. It even has a brief summary what's gonna happen in the next volume + I wondered why they would licence something which was broken off (if that would be the case I would hope for a Zero release xD).

Well, not that I care that much, I just wondered. Still hoping for a LINK game and Twilight novel annonce someday :/