I... didn't see that coming!!! (Cloaked Figure)

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

|<!73

I... didn't see that coming!!! (Cloaked Figure)

Post by |<!73 »

An update was posted for the manga. Don' t scroll if your not ready for spoilers. Please dicuss below, remember limit the spam and no flaming. Shock & Awe!!!

iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: I... didn't see that coming!!! (Cloaked Figure)

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I... I'm confused. o_O
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

and .Hack//LINK just gets stupider and stupider
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Anime Monkey wrote:I... I'm confused. o_O
So am i o-O
Where they are? Who are those guys? When did that cloaked figure appear? Was the figure supposed to be someone else? Someone explain me because last thing i remember was the HaseoxAlkaid-ness D8
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

This is after the battle between Alkaid & Haseo. There is a person who has been going around helping Tokio, but he never sees who. Later Tokio is attacked by a pker he met after he first entered Lumina Cross, the first time Haseo saved him and this time the other figure appeared. Tokio pulls off the cloak and surprise its another disguise take that. I'm pretty sure it's Klarrinette but this doesn't make that any clearer and I still have another guess. Its like running game of is Kite there no its Tri Edge, is the Person helping me under here no its a Bear!!! Tokio & Tsukasa: 0 Random Appearances: 2, he's not guessing who it is no matter what he pulls.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

....That bear reminds me of Pandora's Hearts, so it can potentially make or break .hack//Link.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

LMAO!!! XD.....//Link continues to lose my respect as a serious series, but when it comes to comedy, it's firing on all fours. Maybe it's Pedobear? =|
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Oh .... no...LINK have already lost enough of the classical .hack atmosphere...why they have to do this too? - Well, it's sure just a custume but it's still terrible.
I really hope that the game will have nothing to do with the manga besides of the characters.
BTW it reminded me of Pandora Hearts too xD
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

this is definietly not The World that we've all come to know and love
fepkk

Post by fepkk »

They are completely destroying .Hack. I don't even recognize it anymore. It just looks like digimon.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Keep in mind this is the manga. Something tells me it's already diverged from the game. That said, I think it's really funny that Master is a bear...
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Kuukai wrote:Keep in mind this is the manga. Something tells me it's already diverged from the game. That said, I think it's really funny that Master is a bear...
who is "Master"
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That's what Tokio calls the cloaked figure. That's according to the summary, I haven't actually read that far so I don't know a whole lot about the context, but he saves Tokio from those PKs and Tokio asks to be his student...
The-Missing-Spade

Post by The-Missing-Spade »

I agree with Kuukai! XD

How can you NOT adore a partially blind panda?!It's just sooooooo cute! X3

And besides, Am I the only here who thinks it was brilliant that .Hack took an unexpected direction? It's all about keeping it interesting, guys. We all know it to be a typically serious and suspenceful story but YOU'VE GOT 2 LOOSEN UP A BIT.

Embrace the chaos!

:3
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

And besides, Am I the only here who thinks it was brilliant that .Hack took an unexpected direction? It's all about keeping it interesting, guys. We all know it to be a typically serious and suspenceful story but YOU'VE GOT 2 LOOSEN UP A BIT.
And i thought that's why GIFT and 4koma, and somehow Unison, exists.
It doesn't have to be all serious and "suspenseful", but i'd be glad enough if it made sense with the rest of the story, and followed a plot that was based or is related to the old ones, giving a certain level of importance to them....not just plain screw that "importance", twist the plot in a way that destroys all the story that has happened before, and add elements that are way too crazy and ridiculous even for the .Hack universe (and please, don't come with that freaking dinosaur again x-x)
The-Missing-Spade

Post by The-Missing-Spade »

TheSorrow wrote:
And i thought that's why GIFT and 4koma, and somehow Unison, exists.
It doesn't have to be all serious and "suspenseful", but i'd be glad enough if it made sense with the rest of the story, and followed a plot that was based or is related to the old ones, giving a certain level of importance to them....not just plain screw that "importance", twist the plot in a way that destroys all the story that has happened before, and add elements that are way too crazy and ridiculous even for the .Hack universe (and please, don't come with that freaking dinosaur again x-x)
Well believe it or not, sometimes even an entire aspect of a story has to change. It's the only way for an already established story to become more interesting afterwards. Sure, some changes might have been considered drastic or unreasonable, but it's never going to be the .hack that it was years ago. "TheWorld", like ours, changes every time. With those changes come new and unexpected stories. So, like I keep saying to myself, and everyone else, too, embrace the chaos of change.

In the end, I believe the new stories will share or revive some of that old suspence and wonder that made .Hack what is used to be once upon a time. :3
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

You should have never of posted this.
Keyaki wrote:and .Hack//LINK just gets stupider and stupider
Oh The stupidty
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Okay, guys. I know we all like to make snarky comments every now and then, but try to keep it from getting spammy, all right?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

|<!73 wrote:I'm pretty sure it's Klarrinette but this doesn't make that any clearer and I still have another guess.
It was Klarinette. I picked up a batch of consecutive Kerokero Aces and that was revealed. All the disguises were so she could earn his trust, and also because they met before in the special chapter...
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I see thanks for the information. Please tell me if you find out anything else.