Concerning AIs

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Midori

Concerning AIs

Post by Midori »

Please disucss your theories as to the potential of AIs generated in R:X of characters from past versions of "The World". Are there certain characters you believe to be AIs?
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: Concerning AIs

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Nice transfer of this discussion from the Alkaid thread, Midori.

Personally, I think most of the recurring characters thus far, excluding Kite, have to be AIs. I would guess that maybe Subaru is actually Subaru, but I can't imagine many other characters actually being the real thing.
Heck, it would make more sense if they were AIs than if they weren't.
Midori

Post by Midori »

Anime Monkey wrote:Nice transfer of this discussion from the Alkaid thread, Midori.

Personally, I think most of the recurring characters thus far, excluding Kite, have to be AIs. I would guess that maybe Subaru is actually Subaru, but I can't imagine many other characters actually being the real thing.
Heck, it would make more sense if they were AIs than if they weren't.
What traits does Kite have in the LINK manga that leads you to believe he isn't an A.I.? I'm not trying ot debunk your opinion or anything, I'm just curious because I can't quite tell them apart and this might help me. ^^'
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

True, it's just a suspicion without any real basis to confirm it, but... I guess cause he seems clearheaded and "in the now", as opposed to all the others.
Midori

Post by Midori »

Anime Monkey wrote:True, it's just a suspicion without any real basis to confirm it, but... I guess cause he seems clearheaded and "in the now", as opposed to all the others.
Wait, doesn't he unfreeze soon after the whole Fluegel vs. Kite fight, where he gets frozen in the end? Really doesn't seem canon to me.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

I would guess that maybe Subaru is actually Subaru
Doubt Subaru would ever comeback espically this far int he future
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

In my opinion, every returning character is an AI, the ones with regressed personalities due to being infused with a Chrono Core. The only players would be Tokio, Saika, and Schiksal.
Albel_Nox

Post by Albel_Nox »

Hmmm....
Midori

Post by Midori »

AuraTwilight wrote:In my opinion, every returning character is an AI, the ones with regressed personalities due to being infused with a Chrono Core. The only players would be Tokio, Saika, and Schiksal.
I wonder why Kite's appearance changed though? Perhaps LINK//Twilight Knights is more like your dream theory, and when they release a true series, Kite will return with that appearance.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Midori wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:In my opinion, every returning character is an AI, the ones with regressed personalities due to being infused with a Chrono Core. The only players would be Tokio, Saika, and Schiksal.
I wonder why Kite's appearance changed though? Perhaps LINK//Twilight Knights is more like your dream theory, and when they release a true series, Kite will return with that appearance.
that reminds, what the hell is Kite doing here all of a sudden, not that I'm not happy that he is back im just wondering.

I mean its like he just appeared out of nowhere acting as if he played the game since the beginning of R:2 and knows about Schiksal and everything
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I wonder why Kite's appearance changed though?
For the same reason everyone elses' did. Artist's interpretation.
that reminds, what the hell is Kite doing here all of a sudden, not that I'm not happy that he is back im just wondering.
Same reason as everyone else. They're either AI memories, or it's poorly written fanservice.
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

Albel_Nox, please remember to add more to your post next time. Simply posting "Hmmm...." is considered spam.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

AuraTwilight wrote:In my opinion, every returning character is an AI, the ones with regressed personalities due to being infused with a Chrono Core.
A majority of them better be AIs anyway, cause otherwise the story is really messed up.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Oh who are we kidding? The story's messed up anyway, since Tokio can apparently teleport and wield psychic powers in the real world or some nonsense.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Well, I think that //LINK shouldn't be considered as the third MAJOR series in .hack//. For the fans sake, let's hope Tokio's just having a dream with A.I. buddies. //LINK just doesn't have that "seriousness" of previous .hack// installments in the core of the story.=/
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:Well, I think that //LINK shouldn't be considered as the third MAJOR series in .hack//. For the fans sake, let's hope Tokio's just having a dream with A.I. buddies. //LINK just doesn't have that "seriousness" of previous .hack// installments in the core of the story.=/
lol, of course it doesn't, being physically pulled into the game is just plain gay to me

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised to see Alberio in LINK considering all the other reoccurring characters, espically Tsukasa
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

AuraTwilight wrote:Oh who are we kidding? The story's messed up anyway, since Tokio can apparently teleport and wield psychic powers in the real world or some nonsense.
True. Let me rephrase it then.
If the recurring characters in LINK aren't AIs, then the manga is no longer worth my time. At all.
Midori

Post by Midori »

Anime Monkey wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Oh who are we kidding? The story's messed up anyway, since Tokio can apparently teleport and wield psychic powers in the real world or some nonsense.
True. Let me rephrase it then.
If the recurring characters in LINK aren't AIs, then the manga is no longer worth my time. At all.
Sad that its come to that, isnt it?
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

well ,they must be because, lol c'mon Tsukasa is back and he has a Guardian, Kite got rid of it at the end of Quarantine with Elk ( if that was the same Guardian)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It wasn't; Tsukasa's Guardian was killed in episode 24/25 (depending on your count) of Sign. However, there are multitudes of Guardians able to be generated, just like any other monster, as their source code apparently exists in the Macha Epitaph.