.hack//LINK - Likes & Dislikes? *Definite Spoilers*

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: .hack//LINK - Likes & Dislikes? *Definite Spoilers*

Post by iuliathe3rd »

AuraTwilight wrote:Connecting the dots. That, and there's already a precedent of psychic abilities existing. Mai seems to have a form of clairaudience, Subaru apparently has an empathic connection to Tsukasa, Atoli's general wierdness, I could go on.
Okay then.
I'll accept that idea as an interesting theory then, but not as fact for now.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Would you like to discuss it in detail another time? I'd rather not do it here, I've derailed this thread enough as is.
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

AuraTwilight wrote:Would you like to discuss it in detail another time? I'd rather not do it here, I've derailed this thread enough as is.
You can discuss it here if you two wish. And is it alright if I join the discussion? The idea seems interesting to me.

http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... =2&t=16202
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

wave killer wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Would you like to discuss it in detail another time? I'd rather not do it here, I've derailed this thread enough as is.
You can discuss it here if you two wish. And is it alright if I join the discussion? The idea seems interesting to me.

http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... =2&t=16202
Yea, sure, anyone can join, go for it.
Bladerkun

Post by Bladerkun »

Reading the first four chapters, the plot feels very generic and boring and thin. At least the previous .hack projects (excluding Twilight, of course) had some level of intelligence and mystery. Tokio is really a boring character, predictable and boring. Hell, he's practically Ginta Torimazu, except he looks like Taichi from Digimon for christ's sake.

.hack//Link, if it is the end of .hack, is certainly going to be it's Dragonball GT.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

I personally think LINK is nothing more then a Bad Fan-fic...

Aura I must say I am still a big fan XD I have a question though, (if you feel like answering you could in PM instead of this topic.) But you said they go into a coma and stuff because they get "into" the game right? What about in G.U. with the AIDA server? Every person that was playing was stuck so they couldn't have been all "into" the game right?

Also I have 2 big question for LINK is, If the original Skeith is in it (from what I have heard I don't know for sure if its true.) then how can Haseo have Avatar Skeith since it was made from the original Skeith's data? My other question is, after the fires, after the events of G.U. There is no possible way that they kept Kites player data. His red coloration was because of the book of Twilight right? Which means he would have to be his original green color, so how did he get his Character back to its normal red self? (Shugo did because of that special event, but I don't think Kite just went to CC corp and said "Hey can I have my guy back? :D"
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Aura I must say I am still a big fan XD I have a question though, (if you feel like answering you could in PM instead of this topic.) But you said they go into a coma and stuff because they get "into" the game right? What about in G.U. with the AIDA server? Every person that was playing was stuck so they couldn't have been all "into" the game right?
You forget that the AIDA Server was created by Innis's power. It MADE everyone come into the game by altering their perceptions, and once fear and the abnormal began, everyone slipped over very easily.
Also I have 2 big question for LINK is, If the original Skeith is in it (from what I have heard I don't know for sure if its true.) then how can Haseo have Avatar Skeith since it was made from the original Skeith's data?
We're not sure of the circumstances. The original Skeith could just be a memory conjured up, or the same could be true of Avatar Skeith, the same way the Guardian Tsukasa summoned was a memory.
My other question is, after the fires, after the events of G.U. There is no possible way that they kept Kites player data. His red coloration was because of the book of Twilight right? Which means he would have to be his original green color, so how did he get his Character back to its normal red self? (Shugo did because of that special event, but I don't think Kite just went to CC corp and said "Hey can I have my guy back? :D"
Have you not been keeping up? Everything is a memory manifestation. Aside from that, there's still the popular theory that Kite and other returning characters are AI's generated by the memories of Za Warudo.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

I haven't kept up sorry. ^_^; I find its hard to make time for .hack when my moms moving to Austria and getting married and all that stuff. X_X;;;; So basically... The world Is playing itself now? Why would the world make A.I.s of them all? O.o
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Why the hell not? It's been churning out AI memories of people that were "important" since DAY ONE. Or need I remind you of the memories in Mutation, or the bonus Sign AI's you can get at the end of Quarantine as party members? There was also an omake in Trilogy New World Guide where Shugo and Rena meet Aina and help her find her brother, the two of them reminiscing of their adventure with Zefie before they blip out into nothing, Ovan remarking that they were mere memories.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:Why the hell not? It's been churning out AI memories of people that were "important" since DAY ONE. Or need I remind you of the memories in Mutation, or the bonus Sign AI's you can get at the end of Quarantine as party members? There was also an omake in Trilogy New World Guide where Shugo and Rena meet Aina and help her find her brother, the two of them reminiscing of their adventure with Zefie before they blip out into nothing, Ovan remarking that they were mere memories.
Good point, but by that logic... all of .hack//LINK will be nothing but AIs. @_@;
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, just the returning characters, under the theory. Schiksal, Tokio, Saika, and maybe some returning characters would be real people.
zandor117

Post by zandor117 »

I have a theory that Tokio never existed in the real world in the first place and that even his reality was a simulation. I think he may be used as a trigger for the new awakening of Aura in the new R.A. Plan.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, I had that theory too. It's a good one.
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

But the only strange thing about the Tokio-AI theory is, that it would mean that the people Tokio met in RL never existed or am I wrong?
But that woul mean that they (Tokio's mother, the shopkeeper etc) are invented/created by someone...Or they are real but somehow
Ayaka(?) gave Tokio the impression that he knew them in reality. - It could also be that Tokio is/was real somehow but maybe died(?)
or fell in a coma some time ago and exist now only in the game....Well; I haven't really a clue. But I am sure that things are really
different from what they seem.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It could be that they're entirely fabrications, or a Roxas was pulled and he was inserted into a life with virtual "real" people. Whichever the case. I'm finding it likely that he was an AI in his own little bubble.
Samael

Post by Samael »

All these AI theories give me hope for Link.

Besides the obvious, I hate Saika. Blech.

And most of the villains. Exceptions for Fluegel and bandanna guy. And possibly Eyepatch Chick 'cos she's hot, final conclusion depending on her character development.

Also, an issue with the AI bubble theory on goggle head. One of Shicksal(w/e), Eyepatch Chick aka LT Hypotenuse has met Tokio IRL.

Now unless the plot twists so that LT Hypotenuse is an AI too(which would be really weird) and that in turn she is the heroine alongside Tokio rather than Saika, which would be awesome(eye patches are hawt) but would need some major writing to pull off(or not, depending on how much of her past the rest of the group knows).

Actually, that sounds pretty cool.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Also, an issue with the AI bubble theory on goggle head. One of Shicksal(w/e), Eyepatch Chick aka LT Hypotenuse has met Tokio IRL.
She hacked into his virtual reality bubble in order to test his strength, obviously.
Now unless the plot twists so that LT Hypotenuse is an AI too(which would be really weird) and that in turn she is the heroine alongside Tokio rather than Saika, which would be awesome(eye patches are hawt) but would need some major writing to pull off(or not, depending on how much of her past the rest of the group knows).
Better twist. LT Hypotenuse is the real programmer of the AI Bubble, and Jyotaro has no sister/cousin whatever. Saika? She thinks she's real and the actual one pulling the strings, but she's actually THE OTHER HALF OF THE FAILED ULTIMATE AI and in the end she and Tokio must merge into one androgynous, complete Ultimate AI.

Through an interactive hentai scene unlockable through .hack//hotcoffee
Samael

Post by Samael »

.hack//Digital Devil Saga 2?

That...would be interesting. We already have the Akashic Records, which are derived from Hindu so who knows.

Needs more bollock-bats to kill though.

****ING BAT.
Surge

jokes on you (spoilers?)

Post by Surge »

I'm going to go a little off topic just cause I had to post this somewhere and this look to be the most updated thread. Been a while since I've been on, so not sure if anyone knows or have talked about this yet so ya. Ok so I was reading the english translated chapter 7 and after reading it I came to three possible outcomes, either the creators are on something very strong, they just don't care anymore, or it's a joke (very well done) by the translators or creators.

Since I can't post the chapter you would have to look for it yourself all I can say that the one key thing that makes me think its one of the last two is who they place as the evil mastermind behind Fluege and his gang and that being:"EVIL POSSESSED PANTIES"

So it's pretty obvious that this is a joke but I just wanted to see what others thought...for a joke it's funny :lol: , however if it's not then I'm sure many .hack fans may go on a killing spree, AuraTwilight being the mob leader.
Samael

Post by Samael »

Joke done by the translators.

The pants image is from an earlier chapter.