Burn It Into Your Eyes! (Spoliers!!!-Not what you think!)

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Re: Burn It Into Your Eyes! (Spoliers!!!-Not what you think!)

Post by Mellow Grunty »

[Insert obligatory Mellow bitching about AlkAIDS.]

Sigh.
The-Missing-Spade

Post by The-Missing-Spade »

Based on the scans, and the information already known about it, I think .Hack//Link is turning out to be another .Hack//Gift in some sense. I mean come on, all the returning characters. The story which makes almost no sense, and--of course, the lack of humor in it is a big miss. But still I think I speak for many when I say .Hack//Link must be non-cannon, except for the fact that it might introduce some cannon based information in some way.

I think I'm more hyped about the Epitaph of Twilight novel than I am about this new .Hack manga. =(
AiperonOfLight

Post by AiperonOfLight »

I don't blame you I can't wait for the epitaph of twilight novels.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

The number of returning characters is intention. The idea is to make it fun for all fans of the series. As for who would be the enemies for the games my guess is still Schicksal. There is also the mysterious person giving them orders, so he still up there.
Twilisapien

Post by Twilisapien »

that would be awesome if that AI samurai girl appeared in link like she did in roots
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

1) She wasn't a samurai, and her name is Midori.
2) She's not exactly around anymore. Her human counterpart could show up though.
shadow of skeith

Post by shadow of skeith »

|<!73 wrote:The number of returning characters is intention. The idea is to make it fun for all fans of the series. As for who would be the enemies for the games my guess is still Schicksal. There is also the mysterious person giving them orders, so he still up there.
I guess if LINK was made into a game, then each member of Schicksal would be a boss, leading up to the guy giving them orders as the final boss maybe.
Twilisapien

Post by Twilisapien »

AuraTwilight wrote:1) She wasn't a samurai, and her name is Midori.
2) She's not exactly around anymore. Her human counterpart could show up though.
*gets corrected paper back* ah darnit!
Altre

Post by Altre »

I feel kinda stupid asking, but would Schicksal have happened to be in other .Hack media?
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Altre wrote:I feel kinda stupid asking, but would Schicksal have happened to be in other .Hack media?
I'm afraid not. However, they were mentioned during the ending of G.U. Trilogy when the mysterious woman, whom I'm guessing was Pi, was talking to the mysterious man from the computer.
Altre

Post by Altre »

Yeah, like after the credits, of which I watched a few times over. I'm interested in knowing when they began.
Tawalaya

Post by Tawalaya »

In my opinion, someone is obviously tampering with the Akashic records from the inside, and they are only tampering with those holding Chrono Cores, in an attempt to make them vulnerable so they can take the cores. This would explain them losing memory and their physical states being altered to appear like they did in the past.

Wasn't Chronos the God of Time anyways in Greek mythology? So would't it make since for a Chrono Core to have the ability to control time? The data could be reversed, controlled by Harold Hoerwick's blackbox, the base for every game. The cores could just be another gateway or path to a different function within the box.

If someone were altering the cores' data to make their hosts more vulnerable so they could take the cores, it would explain Tsukasa and Haseo's reverted states. However, if someone were to "fix" those irregularities, then how would these characters act when their character was irreversed? Haseo would be back to his X Form? Tsukasa would be....another character? If we see Elk in the manga, perhaps Elk would turn into Endrance? The list goes on. But jsut think about what could happen if Mia's data were brought back due to a Macha core being reversed in Elk.

**** would hit the fan. A reversal in that kind of data could *sigh* ONCE AGAIN bring back Cubia. xP
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

In my opinion, someone is obviously tampering with the Akashic records from the inside, and they are only tampering with those holding Chrono Cores, in an attempt to make them vulnerable so they can take the cores. This would explain them losing memory and their physical states being altered to appear like they did in the past.
If someone is already inside the Akashic Records, why try and get access to the Cores? Their purpose is to make the Records accessible.
Tawalaya

Post by Tawalaya »

AuraTwilight wrote:
If someone is already inside the Akashic Records, why try and get access to the Cores? Their purpose is to make the Records accessible.
Oh! Sorry about that. Thank you for correcting me. I thought their purpose was to access Harold's black box. I thought the records were already accessible without them. Sorry bout that! ^^'
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

I'm just wondering how the hell did Yowkow get their int he first place? Along with Haseo and Tsukasa and his Guardian
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I still hold to the theory that they're all AI memories, which is even more likely now that that Shugo/Rena bonus thing pretty much proves that Za Warudo records the thoughts and minds of every goddamned player in the game and sometimes releases them as AI's just for shits.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I'm really hoping that they're AIs, as that would be the first thing in LINK to make sense.
If you remember, there was an old "memory" of Lycoris walking around Net Slum in LotT, so such a thing has happened before and could very likely happen again.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not even that, we already have a precedent set with Tsukasa, Subaru, Sora, Shugo, and Rena, just off the top of my head. It seems to be a natural property of Za Warudo to record emotional data of the players (like we knew) and regurgitate them back as AI's if the player is inactive for too long.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

I still hold to the theory that they're all AI memories, which is even more likely now that that Shugo/Rena bonus thing pretty much proves that Za Warudo records the thoughts and minds of every goddamned player in the game and sometimes releases them as AI's just for shits.
I'm really hoping that they're AIs, as that would be the first thing in LINK to make sense.
If you remember, there was an old "memory" of Lycoris walking around Net Slum in LotT, so such a thing has happened before and could very likely happen again.
I wouldn't be surprised, and yeah it would be the only thing that would make sense in LINK, though with Kite, its obvious he is actually there, but it seems like maybe the memories are unclear, some of them. Like with Haseo.
It seems to be a natural property of Za Warudo to record emotional data of the players (like we knew) and regurgitate them back as AI's if the player is inactive for too long.
Well Harold did sort-of make the game like that (actually with Morganna), but why would it want to project the the "memories" as AIs is beyond me
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well Harold did sort-of make the game like that (actually with Morganna), but why would it want to project the the "memories" as AIs is beyond me
Why not? Za Warudo is the cradle for a whole new form of life, and all data received by other AI's is also fed to Aura.