Burn It Into Your Eyes! (Spoliers!!!-Not what you think!)

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

|<!73

Burn It Into Your Eyes! (Spoliers!!!-Not what you think!)

Post by |<!73 »

Burn It Into Your Eyes!

http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link/tokio/img/15/02.gif

http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link/tokio/img/15/03.gif

There it is whether you like it or not, for good or bad. For better and worse. Though if you really hate the character then I guess you can get a chuckle out of the situation. If you like the character then Hazah for you. (Now Disscuss)

.hack//LINK Chapter 10
From what I can tell Tokio is sleeping in Lumina Cloth when Alkaid wakes him. Tokio being level one because he has physically entered the world is unable to take the attack. Afterwards Alkaid finds the memory disgruntled Haseo. He of course dosen't recognize her. I think he is going to Pk her. I don't really know yet.
Last edited by |<!73 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Burn It Into Your Eyes! (Spoliers!!!-Not what you think!)

Post by TheSorrow »

Wow o-O
Now LINK seems like it's becoming worse than it already was, but well, at least Alkaid fans can enjoy it now XD

And now Haseo looks like 3rd Form with the cape. Probably he has always looked like that, but it wasn't so clear until now >3>
shadow of skeith

Post by shadow of skeith »

What the......WHAT THE HELL HAPPEN TO ALKAID?? She looks so...so....Kidish....Oh well, at least they kept the developed chest. :D and Sorrow, I think that is Haseo's Third form with a cape. Judging by the way he looks, Haseo going to activate Skeith again probably. Now that would put LINK in the right direction.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I edited my post. I don't think Haseo has stable form yet. If you pay close attention to the signs on his face you'll notice that they change with the attire. The only thing that seems to transfer over is the cape. I guess its better that its Alkaid. With anyone else they simply inform Haseo of everything and then BAM! Insta Epiphany.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Yesh! Alkaid is here! and as for Haseo....I agree with the unstable form thing I mean look at his other arm, it's still 1st/2nd form and when he saw Shino's face in Tokio, his shoulders were bare
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

You know, when I saw those images on CC2's site, I assumed that Alkaid was fighting Tokio in the Arena. Just seems like the logical thing to me.

Really, not a surprise that Alkaid has made her appearance. She is Matsuyama's favorite, not to mention the favorite of many many fanboys.
Starman

Post by Starman »

According to this, doesn't it seem as if Azure Kite has made an appearance as well? Based on the outstretched hand in the right panel and explosion, it seems as if he could have attacked Tsukasa, but, of course, judging a situation based on a single image is foolhardy. Babelfish translation seems to indicate that the characters notice the this PC's resemblance to Kite and comment upon how a similar PC appeared in R:2, called "Tri-Edge." I don't quite understand the nonsense it spews out after that.
Well, it looks like this is just another example of how CC2 is trying to put all their popular characters in LINK to bolster sales. I am also not looking forward to any rampant Azure Kite fandom that may occur once more. I rather think it's more worthwhile to discuss the significance of his appearance, plotwise.

Anyway, if Haseo doesn't recognize Alkaid, that seems to indicate that these returning characters in LINK have had genuinely "reverted" somehow, which explains the reversal of character development that has occurred. This pleases me. However, it doesn't seem likely that the whole thing about Tokio being drawn into the world "physically" could be explained conventionally any time soon, considering what went on in the Epitaph novel.
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

I too noticed Alkaids reappearing in LINK a few days ago when I visited the official site. But it isn't really surprising anymore to see all (?) old characters again, since I am sure that everything that's happen in LINK is related to the akashic records of The World. As Starman said, I believe that every character is reverted to the old self he/she had at the beginning of the games. Maybe they are really just AIs... That would be the only realistic reason for everything that happens.

I just wonder how long it will take until the real plot begins and which specific role every character have to play.
shadow of skeith

If Haseo has lost all memory of R:2 events to the time when he saw Shino die, then could it be possible that if he sees Azure Kite again, he'll go nuts on him just like last time?
terror of shadows

Post by terror of shadows »

baist on what i've read and seen it looks to me that for Haseo he didn't loose his memerys, is excepting a challenge from Alkaid after all he did beat her in the arena, and she's the kind of person who would want to fight him again even if it is in a new version. and for Azure Kite I thank he's there to indecate that Aura is still in "The World". his is one of her knights after all. and that Group thats after the Chronos Cores (i thank that's what there called) there for cousing problems in "The World" and Azure Kite is supose to stop stuff like that
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm sorry, I'm still giggling at the idea of Tokio sleeping somewhere, minding his own business, and Alkaid just runs in and goes "YA YA MY NIGGAHS!" and just slashes the f*ck out of him before running off again.

I came.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

lol, I bet she announced she kicked his ass in the Arena too
Dark Knight Sparda

Post by Dark Knight Sparda »

seen haseo like that makes me think that he can change his form at will,aslo the cape may be a special item like balmung wingsor zelkovas hornsm, and dinally im glad to see alkaid
RyougaZell

Post by RyougaZell »

Maybe this has been said before, but anyway... I believe Haseo wearing a cape is a tribute to Sora wearing one.

Seeing Alkaid is awesome... (for me at least, there seems to be much Alkaid hate on this forum)

About LINK... I think the plot and villans are good... but I hate Tokio. Period.
k-su

Post by k-su »

From what I've heard so far, this chapter must be made of WIN. Alkaid randomly PK'ing Tokio is easily the best plot development of LINK so far, since Tokio is pretty useless as a main character, so far.

If it turns out Haseo indeed lost his memories, then Alkaid's presence helps to confirm it, since she appears to remember him. With this, the plot makes a little more sense, tho not by very much.

If what terror of shadows said is correct though, its still more interesting than the current chain of events in Link.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

From what I've heard so far, this chapter must be made of WIN. Alkaid randomly PK'ing Tokio is easily the best plot development of LINK so far, since Tokio is pretty useless as a main character, so far.
I have to agree.
If it turns out Haseo indeed lost his memories, then Alkaid's presence helps to confirm it, since she appears to remember him. With this, the plot makes a little more sense, tho not by very much.
ZOMG ALKAID IS THE ONLY RETURNING CHARACTER WHO ISN'T AN AI OMG OMG OMG
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Link is filled with strange things. As for Tokio its kind of hard to expect a lot. Just the average super gamer who followed the pretty girl and was wiped from physical existance... Saika is one step away from being kidnapper and coldblooded murderer lol. (or a nice balance between the two) As for him not getiing frozen like Kite, I'm betting thats more so because of how he entered The World. (Still can't explain the guardian)

EDIT: I was thinking this was just a visual thing, but Kite and Azure Flame Kite have the same new weapon holder.
shadow of skeith

Well, not nessecarily. We haven't seen Azure Kite's weapons in R:X yet. He probably still posesses Empty Skies, but we can't make R:2 assumptions and be sure about it. I remember posting a topic about Kite posessing the same weapons and abilities like is A.I. predecessor, but who knows. Maybe Aura gave AK an upgrade?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

|<!73 wrote:Link is filled with strange things. As for Tokio its kind of hard to expect a lot. Just the average super gamer who followed the pretty girl and was wiped from physical existance... Saika is one step away from being kidnapper and coldblooded murderer lol. (or a nice balance between the two) As for him not getiing frozen like Kite, I'm betting thats more so because of how he entered The World. (Still can't explain the guardian)

EDIT: I was thinking this was just a visual thing, but Kite and Azure Flame Kite have the same new weapon holder.
More likely, Tokio seems to have a special, innate power. Physically warping into Za Warudo was just to get him in, keep him from bailing, and to protect him from administrative meddling, I'm sure. But he appears to have, at the very least, precognitive powers, which we haven't seen since EMMA.

Suspiiiiciouuuuus.
AiperonOfLight

Post by AiperonOfLight »

AL-ALKAID????
TEH YAIZ