Tokio's Data Drain

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Keyaki

Re: Tokio's Data Drain

Post by Keyaki »

Tokio's PC is imune to schicksal's special attacks
i always thought that was because he was physcially in the game itself, where Kite only his PC was.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Possible, but apparently Saika chose Tokio to be put into Za Warudo because of a "power" only he possesses, so it's probably not so much his being in the game physically, but whatever factor prompted Saika to let him enter that way.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:Possible, but apparently Saika chose Tokio to be put into Za Warudo because of a "power" only he possesses, so it's probably not so much his being in the game physically, but whatever factor prompted Saika to let him enter that way.
Yes, Tokio has the power of AIDS. :P I just wonder, if he gets all the powers, will he get an avatar?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It didn't seem like he permanently gained a Guardian, only while he was gleaning Tsukasa's memories. Haseo's memories are pre-Avatar Awakening, so prolly not.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:It didn't seem like he permanently gained a Guardian, only while he was gleaning Tsukasa's memories. Haseo's memories are pre-Avatar Awakening, so prolly not.
So then... would he get the ability to wield multiple weapons with Haseo's memory?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Maybe, but it's not really associated with his memories, is it?
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:Maybe, but it's not really associated with his memories, is it?
Oh So then He will run around yelling at every PK about Tri-edge and act all anti social? :lol:
Haseo Vi Awesome

Post by Haseo Vi Awesome »

I think Tokio's data drain will be form using the other's core like what he did with Tsukasa's which made me stare in awe because of theat epic chapter :lol:
Xanathos

Post by Xanathos »

"It is now that your power is needed"

Yes, to make a filler for the .hack series like udeden, and give CC2 time to make another great .hack chapter!

(Note: I know Udeden is part of the original story but... the anime sucked)
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Xanathos wrote:"It is now that your power is needed"

Yes, to make a filler for the .hack series like udeden, and give CC2 time to make another great .hack chapter!

(Note: I know Udeden is part of the original story but... the anime sucked)
Uh, Udeden is not part of the story o-O At least everything points so far that it's non-canon.

And yeah, LINK Manga is a filler....for the actual real story that will take place in the LINK videogame. And so far, we can be sure that LINK will be the last ".Hack" series we'll see.
Samael

Post by Samael »

'Hello CC Corp, Samael calling. We are going to need epic amounts of Character Development and a pretty ****ing epic plot twist, STAT'

Otherwise this'll be LoT all over again only with even MORE cameos. And worse villains than the manga, better ones than the anime.

Seriously, the villains in this suck compared to the antagonistic forces of the original 4 and GU. Lax leader(though he's k. He looks cool anyway.), serious vice leader who serves as effectively the real leader, badass guy, love triangle hypotenuse, jerk with muscles, freaky clown guy, blatant future plot twist and pedo-bait complete with shadowed overlord who is so totally Pyromaniac McGod Complex. Now where have I seen this before?

And then there's Saika. Or as she know qualifies in my mind 'She who will be voiced by Rie Kugimiya'. Goddammit I hate that character-type.

*sigh*

Still, here's hoping for epic (unpredictable or at least interesting) plot twists and major (interesting) CD.

Oh right, the Data Drain...

He'll just use someone elses.

Hell who knows, in the future he could get Azure Kite, Kite, the Epitaph Users and Tsukasa together and combine their various Data Drains Power Rangers style...

Oh, and the Legend Of Twilight manga is canon. The anime isn't. There's references in GU to The Werewolf class and the flower viewing event complete with gag items.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Samael wrote:Oh, and the Legend Of Twilight manga is canon. The anime isn't. There's references in GU to The Werewolf class and the flower viewing event complete with gag items.
I suppose you mean the wallpaper you get from the thread about the player that was PK'ed by
the woman in silver fur in the Apaku board.
Samael wrote:Seriously, the villains in this suck compared to the antagonistic forces of the original 4 and GU. Lax leader(though he's k. He looks cool anyway.), serious vice leader who serves as effectively the real leader, badass guy, love triangle hypotenuse, jerk with muscles, freaky clown guy, blatant future plot twist and pedo-bait complete with shadowed overlord who is so totally Pyromaniac McGod Complex. Now where have I seen this before?
Better than having them all wear exact clothing like some anime organizations. Besides, these guys aren't that bad. I mean, we still haven't seen what some of the members can do yet. Look at Fluegel. He managed to imprison the legendary Kite in a block of ice without fail, who knows, I smell some really epic boss battles when the game arrives.
Samael wrote:Hell who knows, in the future he could get Azure Kite, Kite, the Epitaph Users and Tsukasa together and combine their various Data Drains Power Rangers style...
Yeah, I mean, how many times has that happened in G.U. ?, like three?=/
Samael

Post by Samael »

Yeah, but I mean properly combine them into a gigantic uber-giga Data Drain of super death.

Not just 'lend power' like they did in GU.

And I've never actually played GU, I'm PAL and not much of a downloader outside music(though I have been sorely tempted a lot). Made do with watching a huge walkthrough on YouTube, reading the wikia and reading e-mail transcripts. Gaspard drops reference to the werewolf class in his e-mail chain about his card collecting and I recall SOMEONE mentioning in an e-mail chain the flower watching event with gag items.

It could be worse sure but still...and I gave Fluegel an exception.

Superhero guy can **** himself.
Bandana guy has caught my interest.
After the Joker, the Goblins in Spiderman and Kefka in FFVI, it takes a lot for a clown/jester villain to thrill me. Ie: Raving sociopathy.
Knife chick is eh.
LT Hypotenuse is hawt but thus far that's it.
Pedo-bait is ****ing pedo-bait. She better turn out to be a G.I.R.L. for epic lulz.

I'm not too fussed about future gameplay atm. I have faith that if nothing else, the game will play fairly solidly. Hence I'm focusing on plot and characters.