Tokio's Data Drain

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

shadow of skeith

Tokio's Data Drain

Post by shadow of skeith »

Well, so far, if I'm correct, every MAJOR canon-based .hack main character from every series was able to use the skill, Data Drain. Tsukasa(Well, his Gaurdian was able too, so I guess that's an exception I think.) Kite with his daybreak bracelet, Shugo with the bracelet as well, and Haseo with the power of Skeith. So, will CC2 give Tokio that power, or will Tokio have an alternative?

Note: Please correct me if nessecary. I'm basing this info on memory alone.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Tokio's Data Drain

Post by AuraTwilight »

We've already seen Tokio summon a Guardian, if that counts. My personal theory is that Tokio is going to gain ALL of the powers, apparently as a result of getting the Chrono Cores.
azure alchemist

Post by azure alchemist »

CC2 never gave kite or haseo the power to use data drain. they gained it from aura and from the hidden power of the epitaph users

side note: shadowofskeith, i think u have the record now for "most topics ever made". not saying i dislike them, i do enjoy seeing new topics, but damn... thats a lot
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

CC2 is the real-life company that makes the .hack series, genius.
shadow of skeith

azure alchemist wrote:CC2 never gave kite or haseo the power to use data drain. they gained it from aura and from the hidden power of the epitaph users

side note: shadowofskeith, i think u have the record now for "most topics ever made". not saying i dislike them, i do enjoy seeing new topics, but damn... thats a lot
Well, what can I say, as long as .hack// exsists, I'll always have topics in mind. Some good, some bad, based on what's happened so far. So AT, I guess if that theory comes true, then I guess Tokio will become the most powerful .hack hero ever. But still, all of that power in Tokio's posession....That might be a bit risky, considering Tokio's clumsy background in the manga so far.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

azure alchemist wrote:CC2 never gave kite or haseo the power to use data drain. they gained it from aura and from the hidden power of the epitaph users

lol

CyberConnect Corp: Fictional in-game company, CC Corp

CyberConnect2: makes .hack & Naruto Games :D
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

then I guess Tokio will become the most powerful .hack hero ever.
Remember that one poem thingy?

"It is now that your power is needed"

Forgot if it was power or strength >3>' Anyways, it's all very fitting, because if it's power is what's needed, then he's got to be more powerful than Kite and Haseo and possibly anyone else.
shadow of skeith

TheSorrow wrote:
then I guess Tokio will become the most powerful .hack hero ever.
Remember that one poem thingy?

"It is now that your power is needed"

Forgot if it was power or strength >3>' Anyways, it's all very fitting, because if it's power is what's needed, then he's got to be more powerful than Kite and Haseo and possibly anyone else.
But it just doesn't seem like it. Sure, Kite noticed that Tokio's PC is imune to schicksal's special attacks, but still, Tokio, compared to Kite and Haseo.....How can I put this....Isn't the fastest deer in the bunch, if you know what I mean. :?
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

I'm guessing that if this is going to be the last .hack to canonically further the story, and it ends after this (just an assumption), but maybe tokio has to become so powerful, stronger than kite and haseo, because its the end and he is going to need all the power he can get to finally end everything.

Again, this is just an assumption.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

TheEnigma wrote:I'm guessing that if this is going to be the last .hack to canonically further the story, and it ends after this (just an assumption), but maybe tokio has to become so powerful, stronger than kite and haseo, because its the end and he is going to need all the power he can get to finally end everything.

Again, this is just an assumption.
You mean RETURNER was the last .hack canonically lolololololololollolololihateLINK.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Don't worry, AT. There's still the chance that LINK could be passed off as a dream or some other crap, thereby negating the very existence of it as anything worthwhile.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Anime Monkey wrote:Don't worry, AT. There's still the chance that LINK could be passed off as a dream or some other crap, thereby negating the very existence of it as anything worthwhile.
Even better. .hack//Link was never published. We're all Jesus in Purgatory. Take the Red Pill.
shadow of skeith

So if this was never published could .hack//LINK be a prototype or of some sort? Remember how //Zero ended, Because if they want to end .hack// like this, man, it would be dissapointing. Your suppose to end a good series with a BANG! not like this. Let's hope the story in here will change for the better VERY soon. It has to at least have an interesting story that can top G.U. So far, it's no where close.
AiperonOfLight

Post by AiperonOfLight »

AT has more than shadow lol
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

AiperonOfLight wrote:

AT has more than shadow lol
Not really...AT has few Topics actually AT has more posts than topics :D I don't think I've ever seen an AT topic...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I've started a whole four topics. And I have the highest post count on the forum.

Also, there is no .hack//Link. It's all a hoax. You're high.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

AuraTwilight wrote:I've started a whole four topics. And I have the highest post count on the forum.

Also, there is no .hack//Link. It's all a hoax. You're high.
until Link "doesn't come" to America this is true...other than me being high...
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

I agree that it doesn't exist, only because Macha isn't in LINK. No story with Tsukasa shouldn't exist *without* Macha! GRAHH
shadow of skeith

A.R.T wrote:I agree that it doesn't exist, only because Macha isn't in LINK. No story with Tsukasa shouldn't exist *without* Macha! GRAHH
Then again.....It's still just beginning to come out of the gate here. Let's just give //LINK a chance.
Shade_Rain

Post by Shade_Rain »

shadow of skeith wrote:
A.R.T wrote:I agree that it doesn't exist, only because Macha isn't in LINK. No story with Tsukasa shouldn't exist *without* Macha! GRAHH
Then again.....It's still just beginning to come out of the gate here. Let's just give //LINK a chance.
i agree with shadow of skeith here. But rather than Tsukasa and Macha, I'd rather see Mia ressurected.