Cubia's Return

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

shadow of skeith

Re: Cubia's Return

Post by shadow of skeith »

zaseo wrote:Cubia must come back. How could you have a major, and canon part of the Dot Hack story without Cubia. Also that would really piss alot of Dot Hack fans off. We would be hearing this every where. Where is Cubia? WTF no Cubia in Link?
Well, the reason wouldn't be that a lot of .hack// fans would be pissed. A lot of them already are. "What?! Where's Haseo's Xth form?!" "OMG, LINK IS ****", etc. ect. ect. Yeah, CC2 kinda failed at the fan morale factor.
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

zaseo wrote:Cubia must come back. How could you have a major, and canon part of the Dot Hack story without Cubia. Also that would really piss alot of Dot Hack fans off. We would be hearing this every where. Where is Cubia? WTF no Cubia in Link?
Seriously, I don't think too many people would mind. Weren't there a lot of people who were dissapointed with Cubia showing up in G.U. (mainly for recycling a villain)? They'd be even more dissapointed if he showed up in LINK, I think.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Haseo doesn't have Xth Form for the same reason he's acting like GU never happened. Because in his mind, it never did. The Chrono Cores seem to be reverting people's minds and PCs for whatever reason, causing them to reverse all their character development. This makes Tokio extremely important, because he has no personality to lose.

OH ZING.
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

Tokio: Hi, I'm Gary Stu! What's your name?
Random Player: *stare*

*Tokio Gets PKed*
Shmittles The Poe

Post by Shmittles The Poe »

If they do bring Cubia back, I hope they don't just toss him in at the last minute like last time. >_>
So much potential... *sigh*
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Shmittles The Poe wrote:If they do bring Cubia back, I hope they don't just toss him in at the last minute like last time. >_>
So much potential... *sigh*
I don't really see where else they could've put Cubia in GU, to be fair. Though I did LOVE that old theory where we all thought Cubia was a sort of Mother-AIDA and the whole hive was an Anti-Existence to the Epitaph PC's.
AiperonOfLight

Post by AiperonOfLight »

*scratch head*
I never understood Cubia,
Is it that he was an unreturner that gave birth to AIDA?
Didn't aura say:
Without Cubia there is no bracelet; and without the bracelet there is no cubia
I dunno I haven't finished the orig. game series...
Actually I'm lvl....
19 lol
shadow of skeith

AiperonOfLight wrote:*scratch head*
I never understood Cubia,
Is it that he was an unreturner that gave birth to AIDA?
Didn't aura say:
Without Cubia there is no bracelet; and without the bracelet there is no cubia
I dunno I haven't finished the orig. game series...
Actually I'm lvl....
19 lol
Well, to sum it up in the simplest way possible, Cubia was like a security measure for Aura, like Azure Kite and the other Knights in G.U. If a player began to discover the secrets of the game, then they become a threat to Aura's power. Like the statment you posted above, Aura did say that, but the bracelet was the reason why Cubia kept attacking Kite. He was becoming a threat because he kept Data Draining the phases, gaining more and more power in the bracelet. Basically, Harold created Cubia to protect Aura's power.
AiperonOfLight

Post by AiperonOfLight »

Oh ok,
Because harold couldn't always be in the game to protect aura he created something that could?
So in a sense Tsukasa is to his gaurdian as Aura is to Cubia
That makes ALOT more sense.
Since harold wanted aura to always be alive and wel (in the sense she could) he made Cubia to protect her.
And cubia thinks the bracelet holds too much power so he seeks to eliminate the factor of danger.
shadow of skeith

AiperonOfLight wrote:Oh ok,
Because harold couldn't always be in the game to protect aura he created something that could?
Since harold wanted aura to always be alive and wel (in the sense she could) he made Cubia to protect her.
And cubia thinks the bracelet holds too much power so he seeks to eliminate the factor of danger.
Exactly. Gain to much power beyond the game itself, and he'll come looking for you.lol That's also why Cubia attacked Haseo, because of Haseo gaining his Xth form, which was the power of the ENTIRE cursed wave. Kudos to AT for telling me this.
AiperonOfLight

Post by AiperonOfLight »

shadow of skeith wrote:
AiperonOfLight wrote:Oh ok,
Exactly. Gain to much power beyond the game itself, and he'll come looking for you.lol That's also why Cubia attacked Haseo, because of Haseo gaining his Xth form, which was the power of the ENTIRE cursed wave. Kudos to AT for telling me this.
Hmm, how does the Xth form have to do with the cursed wave?
I know that the Xth form is extremely unique, and I beleive that Haseo is the only one to have it.
Perhaps only epitaph users can obtain an Xth form?
That would relate to an epitaph user then having all of the power of the cursed wave.
I actually think that the Xth form looks remarkably like Skeith, perhaps it's just me though.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

AiperonOfLight wrote: Hmm, how does the Xth form have to do with the cursed wave?
I know that the Xth form is extremely unique, and I beleive that Haseo is the only one to have it.
Perhaps only epitaph users can obtain an Xth form?
That would relate to an epitaph user then having all of the power of the cursed wave.
I actually think that the Xth form looks remarkably like Skeith, perhaps it's just me though.
Xth form is the entire Wave all together in Haseo's PC.
Yeah...Haseo is the only one to have it, cause Haseo is the only one to PWN every other Avatar
Yeah only an epitaph user can have it since they would need data from all eight factors.
That relation made Cubia appear...
Maybe it is
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Every time Skeith Data Drained another Avatar, he copied a part of their data as part of Haseo's special power. Ovan orchestrated everything to cause this to happen, because Skeith, with all eight Phase Datas, defeating Corbenik, would unleash the Rebirth. When Zelkova remade Haseo, he used that Epitaph Data to create Xth Form, which was a merger of Skeith and Haseo's PC, and thus giving Haseo the power of the entire Cursed Wave.
shadow of skeith

AuraTwilight wrote:Every time Skeith Data Drained another Avatar, he copied a part of their data as part of Haseo's special power. Ovan orchestrated everything to cause this to happen, because Skeith, with all eight Phase Datas, defeating Corbenik, would unleash the Rebirth. When Zelkova remade Haseo, he used that Epitaph Data to create Xth Form, which was a merger of Skeith and Haseo's PC, and thus giving Haseo the power of the entire Cursed Wave.
Zelkova: "We can rebuild him...Faster.....Smarter....Stronger...lol"
AiperonOfLight

Post by AiperonOfLight »

I gets it now :D
Sinrebirth

Post by Sinrebirth »

I certainly hope so. The 'shadowed one' was always an interesting part of the Epitaph. I disliked how he wasn't in Trilogy, though I'm pleased he was lightly referred to in GU until he appeared. With Cubia in XXXX... I don't think he can be left out.
Altre

Post by Altre »

Cubia is a must-have, unless they can make something similar. It would cut it far from everything else if he weren't there. I liked the way they introduced him in the originals, after I saw him the first time, I was like "Oh ****, please don't tell me I have to fight that giant ass thing..."

He's the limit. It's good to know that if he weren't there, everyone could gain power Dragon Ball Z style. Which would be lame, he lets you know your strong enough kinda.
Tawalaya

Post by Tawalaya »

I'm probably missing something and am going to sound very stupid right now, but...didn't Kite DESTROY the Twilight Bracelet in the original saga? ^^'
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

He got a new one, genius.
Tawalaya

Post by Tawalaya »

AuraTwilight wrote:He got a new one, genius.
Thanks. When did this happen? When did Kite "get a new one" and how? =0