Was .hack//LINK what you expected it to be?

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

shadow of skeith

Was .hack//LINK what you expected it to be?

Post by shadow of skeith »

I've seen many reactions when it came to the new manga. But some .hack//fans are saying LINK isn't really in the field of .hack// at all, except for the recycling of characters and events from G.U. and IMOQ. But what's your opinion about it? Was .hack//LINK what you expected it to be?
Dark Knight Sparda

Re: Was .hack//LINK what you expected it to be?

Post by Dark Knight Sparda »

to put it in one simple word NO!
shadow of skeith

Well, looks like CC2's losing it's "magic" I presume?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

For me, it's just too early to say if LINK is actually good or bad. So far, it's been disappointing for many people (screwing up severly what has happened before, and not having a story like all other .Hack series), but we haven't found a reason of why this is all happening, and what is REALLY happening deep down all we've seen so far. Once i get to see that, i'll say if LINK is actually what i expected to be or not, since for now it's just an introduction that, assuming CC2 hasn't changed their methods on the series, it's misleading us all.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm gonna wait until I read the whole thing before I make my final conclusion, but I expected CRAP, and it looks true so far.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

For some reason, it gives me a weird kind or LOTT feel, but I kinda don't hate it yet for the same reason as the people above me, I'm not 100% sure on what it is yet.
Kite669

Post by Kite669 »

So far it's crap. It feels like CC2 got lazy with this one, and decided to hire a butch of poo flying monkeys to write there storyline. :lol:
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Well, I don't say that it's crap or it's good until I have finished reading the whole story. But there are many things I don't like about LINK for now. This whole thing about all the great characters of the former .hack story to reunite and fight the evil guys reminds me of the classical superhero comicbooks from the US or Europe. It just doesn't seem .hack- or at least, mangalike. Tokio as an energetic boy who wants to become a virtual superhero fits perfectly to the rest of that story, but I don't like that. BTW the most Schicksal guys are looking exactly like they where taken from a Superman comic or something like that (I don't say that non-japanese comics are bad or something like that, I just say that this stile doesn't fits to .hack).

Besides that, I was never a friend of too much re-appearing characters. The World was/is a realy popular MMORPG with millions of gamers; so there should be enough new, unknown characters out there too appear in future .hack stories. Well, it's Ok if someone is returning to the game (like a little bonus for old .hackfans), but there shouldn't be too much characters, otherwise it seems like the creators are using all this cameos just for the sake of fanservice.
Well, that's the main problem with the new .hack: It seems to become more and more mainstream. I noticed that already with the GU games (altough I really like GU and co.), but LINK seems to be more extreme in that way than GU.

As the others here said above, we don't know what LINK is aiming at for now. Maybe there is a good explanation for all this stuff; besides that, the .hack mangas where never THAT great (if you compare them to the games or novels), and we don't know if LINK is real in the first place (or how much of it - remember all the dream-theories etc. -).
So..there are a few things that I really don't like about LINK; but I don't say if it's bad or not (for the moment); I have to read atleast ca. 10-12 chapters of it, to make further assumptions... '__'*
Kite669

Post by Kite669 »

Adhemas wrote:Well, I don't say that it's crap or it's good until I have finished reading the whole story. But there are many things I don't like about LINK for now. This whole thing about all the great characters of the former .hack story to reunite and fight the evil guys reminds me of the classical superhero comicbooks from the US or Europe. It just doesn't seem .hack- or at least, mangalike. Tokio as an energetic boy who wants to become a virtual superhero fits perfectly to the rest of that story, but I don't like that. BTW the most Schicksal guys are looking exactly like they where taken from a Superman comic or something like that (I don't say that non-japanese comics are bad or something like that, I just say that this stile doesn't fits to .hack).

Besides that, I was never a friend of too much re-appearing characters. The World was/is a realy popular MMORPG with millions of gamers; so there should be enough new, unknown characters out there too appear in future .hack stories. Well, it's Ok if someone is returning to the game (like a little bonus for old .hackfans), but there shouldn't be too much characters, otherwise it seems like the creators are using all this cameos just for the sake of fanservice.
Well, that's the main problem with the new .hack: It seems to become more and more mainstream. I noticed that already with the GU games (altough I really like GU and co.), but LINK seems to be more extreme in that way than GU.

As the others here said above, we don't know what LINK is aiming at for now. Maybe there is a good explanation for all this stuff; besides that, the .hack mangas where never THAT great (if you compare them to the games or novels), and we don't know if LINK is real in the first place (or how much of it - remember all the dream-theories etc. -).
So..there are a few things that I really don't like about LINK; but I don't say if it's bad or not (for the moment); I have to read atleast ca. 10-12 chapters of it, to make further assumptions... '__'*
Not to be rude or anything, but I don't remember asking for your opinion. I simply stated how I felt, that is all. I'll admit I did throw in a little insult, but that was just for laughs. What kind I say, I'm a joker. lol :lol:

...................huuuuuuuuuu....... Now since you went to the trouble in giving me "BLA BLA BLA", I have no choice now but to reply. I know about Superman, I know about .hack, comics, TV, Anime, whatever.....I haven't been living on this Earth since the 80s for nothin you know. So ya I know ALL about that stuff. So down to .hack.

I know that .hack//Link is starting out very weirdly right now. With it's weird storyline, rushing plot lines, and outward beginning. I also know that CC2 could be playing a big trick on us. Perhaps this is all a big PLOT TWISTER! There very famous for that you know. This hole LINK thing can turn out to be something completely different. That is what I'm waiting for.

If you read my post more clearly, you would of simply notice I said "SO FAR" not "I DON"T LIKE IT"! Plz read more carefully when you reply back to me in the future. Also could you please...not run your mouth off like that, makes you look like........eeeeeeee......a smart %ss. Not trying to put you down Adhemas, just saying is all. So there you go, I hope your satisfied. Ah heck in thee end, your ALL SATISFIED!!! I SET CHA FREE!!! LOL :lol:

Oh ya just part of my "SO FAR" belief, Tokio's a Dum@ss! Why would CC2 think of someone like him!? Really, if they were going to make a new story, it should of been about Vagrant AIs and stuff? In other words, I agree with AT lol. So AT it's been a while, how you been?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not to be rude or anything, but I don't remember asking for your opinion. I simply stated how I felt, that is all. I'll admit I did throw in a little insult, but that was just for laughs. What kind I say, I'm a joker. lol
The thread is for EVERYONE to give their opinions, you egocentric ass, and Adhemas pretty much sums up my OWN opinion in an almost perfect post, so if you have a problem with his opinion, you've got a bone to pick with me too, mmkay?
shadow of skeith

Heh, okay, wasn't really expecting the topic to turn out like this, but oh well. :)
Kite669

Post by Kite669 »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Not to be rude or anything, but I don't remember asking for your opinion. I simply stated how I felt, that is all. I'll admit I did throw in a little insult, but that was just for laughs. What kind I say, I'm a joker. lol
The thread is for EVERYONE to give their opinions, you egocentric ass, and Adhemas pretty much sums up my OWN opinion in an almost perfect post, so if you have a problem with his opinion, you've got a bone to pick with me too, mmkay?
Wow I didn't know you supported misinterpreted options. Or are you just choosing his side because I told him not to give me his option? I thought you be on my side because his opinion was not just ridiculously long, but misinterpret as well. It hurts me to say it, but your one whos egocentric. :?
shadow of skeith wrote:Heh, okay, wasn't really expecting the topic to turn out like this, but oh well. :)
Sorry, that wasn't my attention. I only came in to share my thoughts, but instead I get lectured and told I'm not giving LINK a chance. Honestly, weres Thorns Hammer when you need it. lol
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Wow I didn't know you supported misinterpreted options. Or are you just choosing his side because I told him not to give me his option? I thought you be on my side because his opinion was not just ridiculously long, but misinterpret as well. It hurts me to say it, but your one whos egocentric.
My defending him doesn't suggest egocentricity. I suggest you look up what the word means. And length has nothing to do with the validity of an opinion. I'm choosing his side because his opinion is well-constructed, valid, and one I find personally agreeable, and you're basically telling him to stuff it and that he should've never opened his mouth. How is his opinion "misinterpretted?" It's an OPINION, which ISN'T INHERENTLY TRUE OR FALSE. So he compared to American comics. It's called an ANALOGY. The comparison was a critque on Link's style of narrative and general plot direction.

So tell me, since you never REALLY addressed the meat of his opinion: What is it you dislike about it so badly that you suggested it was misinterpreted and worthless? WHAT is it?
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Now I haven't read or seen much of .hack//LINK but based solely on a few scans I've seen here and there as well as bits of information I've read, I have to say I feel .hack//LINK is a steaming pile of crap, everyone has basically said what I feel about it so I'm not going to expand on this.

As for you Kite 669, this isn't about taking "sides" it's about stating what you feel about this series, the very fact that you would deny someone the right to their opinion... simply put makes you quite the egotistical asshole. No one asked for YOUR opinion and you stated it anyway, did anyone tell you to keep your mouth shut? No, so give people that same respect, let them speak their mind as you have spoken yours.
Last edited by Gemcrim on Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

In today's show, ladies and gentlemen, we're going to see what it truly means to be a douchebag on a message board. Now, many of us would assume that typical arrogance would be the greatest symptom, but it comes in many shapes and sizes, ranging in levels of douchebaggery. Of course, sometimes this arrogance is warranted to make a point, but it is done gracefully and with wit. Unfortunately the star of this performance will soon realize that he is not quite so clever. I ask that you have your seat, relax, and enjoy our small play. So without further ado I give you The Douchebag.

ACT I, SCENE I - The Douchebag.
Kite669 wrote:So far it's crap. It feels like CC2 got lazy with this one, and decided to hire a butch of poo flying monkeys to write there storyline. :lol:
The curtains open, and he has made his entrance with the predictable shallow response and thoughtless conjecture that so often plagues the posts of the Douchebag. Riddled with poor grammar and spelling errors, he tries to be clever by making a mediocre metaphor and underlines his statement with unnecessary smileys. He has sadly missed his mark, but he shall have another chance to comeback. Lets watch...

ACT I, SCENE II - The Newcomer
Adhemas wrote:Well, I don't say that it's crap or it's good until I have finished reading the whole story. But there are many things I don't like about LINK for now. This whole thing about all the great characters of the former .hack story to reunite and fight the evil guys reminds me of the classical superhero comicbooks from the US or Europe. It just doesn't seem .hack- or at least, mangalike. Tokio as an energetic boy who wants to become a virtual superhero fits perfectly to the rest of that story, but I don't like that. BTW the most Schicksal guys are looking exactly like they where taken from a Superman comic or something like that (I don't say that non-japanese comics are bad or something like that, I just say that this stile doesn't fits to .hack).

A new character has now made his first appearance in the opening act, but oh no! It seems the poster has wandered into the Douchebag's territory and is sharing his own opinion. He surely will not take well to this encroachment on his territory and may become hostile. Doubly so given that it is not only a valid opinion, but a well written one as well despite its flaws. Clearly this will not bode well for Adhemas.

ACT II, SCENE I - Confrontation
Kite669 wrote:Not to be rude or anything, but I don't remember asking for your opinion. I simply stated how I felt, that is all. I'll admit I did throw in a little insult, but that was just for laughs. What kind I say, I'm a joker. lol :lol:
As was expected the douchebag has not taken kindly to the new poster's antics and has retaliated with great force! His performance is much more impressive this time around. With great technique in the art of douchebaggery, he begins his sentence with "not to be rude" so that he can continue to say anything under the pretense that he's trying to be friendly. He follows with a stellar demonstration of hubris on his part and assumes the role of the owner of the thread, or as some circles would call it - That idiot who thinks he's the only person on the internet allowed to have an opinion. Lets continue. Finally he closes his first remark with a downplaying of his poor performance in ACT I, SCENE I by admitting his fault but then excusing it. Though not as impressive as his opening, it was still a decent try. Note the continued gratuitous use of smileys and poor spelling.
...................huuuuuuuuuu....... Now since you went to the trouble in giving me "BLA BLA BLA", I have no choice now but to reply. I know about Superman, I know about .hack, comics, TV, Anime, whatever.....I haven't been living on this Earth since the 80s for nothin you know. So ya I know ALL about that stuff. So down to .hack.
The Douchebag's hostility has escalated to the point of incoherent rambling. Brilliance. You see, ladies and gentlemen, the opening noise he makes, which just so happens to be the mark of a drooling fool, foreshadows the mockery that follows. All of this is supposed to insult the new poster, however he does not do so ineffectively and only seems to show the audience just how great a fool he is, thus this is a wonderful performance of his role. Bravo, sir. Bravo.
I know that .hack//Link is starting out very weirdly right now. With it's weird storyline, rushing plot lines, and outward beginning. I also know that CC2 could be playing a big trick on us. Perhaps this is all a big PLOT TWISTER! There very famous for that you know. This hole LINK thing can turn out to be something completely different. That is what I'm waiting for.
His comeback sadly begins to deteriorate with a desperate demonstration of knowledge by extrapolating somewhat on his entrance. Poor man.
If you read my post more clearly, you would of simply notice I said "SO FAR" not "I DON"T LIKE IT"! Plz read more carefully when you reply back to me in the future. Also could you please...not run your mouth off like that, makes you look like........eeeeeeee......a smart %ss. Not trying to put you down Adhemas, just saying is all. So there you go, I hope your satisfied. Ah heck in thee end, your ALL SATISFIED!!! I SET CHA FREE!!! LOL :lol:
Alas! Ladies and gentlemen, he has picked himself up for another retaliation against the newcomer! Oh, and it is truly a spectacle to behold. This is perhaps the highlight of his performance as the Douchebag. He begins once again with the expected arrogance, but continues surprisingly by attacking the reading comprehension of the new poster. Comedy at its finest, folks, but it doesn't end there. With great confidence he chastises the other poster for "running [his] mouth off." Oh, the irony! The irony! Perhaps my favorite part of this scene is when he ends his terribly insulting remarks with "Not trying to put you down" and then furthers it by repeating the "just saying" clause he has used with artistry at every opportunity. If you didn't think his hubris knew limits, you were correct ladies and gentlemen. The Douchebag believes he's done us a favor with his performance. Oh, silly man. Silly man. Again, note the use of smileys, capital letters, and exclamation points.
Oh ya just part of my "SO FAR" belief, Tokio's a Dum@ss! Why would CC2 think of someone like him!? Really, if they were going to make a new story, it should of been about Vagrant AIs and stuff? In other words, I agree with AT lol. So AT it's been a while, how you been?
We are quickly coming to the end of the first scene of the second act, and it has been quite a ride. He now tries to be friendly to the other posters who he knows are watching him, and even appeals to perhaps his greatest threat. Oh, let's watch how it unfolds.

ACT II, SCENE II - Betrayal
Kite669 wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:
Wow I didn't know you supported misinterpreted options. Or are you just choosing his side because I told him not to give me his option? I thought you be on my side because his opinion was not just ridiculously long, but misinterpret as well. It hurts me to say it, but your one whos egocentric. :?
Oh dear. It seems things have not gone as planned for our star. It seems that the one named AuraTwilight, to whom the Douchebag appealed, has not shown his support. How disappointing! It seems he is not quite as popular as he previously believed. Nevertheless he will continue to show resistance. In another show of irony, he has commented on the length of the Newcomer's post, calling it "ridiculously long." Why is this ironic? you might ask. Well you see, the post he is referring to is in fact shorter than the response he made to that very post. It is curious, however, that three short paragraphs would be considered "ridiculously long." What will he do next?!
shadow of skeith wrote:Heh, okay, wasn't really expecting the topic to turn out like this, but oh well. :)
Sorry, that wasn't my attention. I only came in to share my thoughts, but instead I get lectured and told I'm not giving LINK a chance. Honestly, weres Thorns Hammer when you need it. lol
It seems that yet another poster has commented on the activity in this performance. What makes this utterance worth taking a look at is the possible use of malapropism. For our audience members who are not knowledgeable of these techniques, a malapropism is the substitution of an incorrect word for a word with a similar sound, usually to comic effect. You may remember this technique used in such notable plays as Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing. A funny coincidence, isn't it? The Douchebag, our beloved character, closes this act with the true mark of his character's persona: a delusional belief of innocence. In other words, the character falsely believes that he has done nothing wrong, and that everyone else is to blame. Of course we as the audience know better, don't we? Note how he appeals to shadow of skeith by saying he only wanted to share his thoughts when in fact he was the one who mocked the Newcomer for sharing his thoughts. Wonderful! His performance started slow, but he has made a wonderful performance of just what it means to be a douchebag.

It is time for an intermission, ladies and gentlemen, but the show must go on. If it should not continue here, then perhaps on another stage in another theater. Don't fret or fuss, though. We will see our beloved character again. As the curtains close for this part of the play, please carry with you the lessons The Douchebag has taught us and remember that that no one likes a Douchebag. Farewell for now.

Commentator's Note: Edited for perfection.
Last edited by S1lentOp on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Best. Play. EVER! ~<3 That was just epic.
shadow of skeith

umm, wow. I REALLY didn't think this would go that far. :lol: But I must say silentOP, congrats on your play. I quite enjoyed that performance of intelligence and skill in your observations. Simply great storytelling. To kite669 I believe, you have to be careful about how you approach opinion. A mistake like this could cost you in the long run, as you can see from the negative responses against your replies, but...Please refrain from "settling the score" or reposting a smart remark against past comments here. It saves quite a bit off time.
Kite669

Post by Kite669 »

AuraTwilight wrote:My defending him doesn't suggest egocentricity. I suggest you look up what the word means. And length has nothing to do with the validity of an opinion. I'm choosing his side because his opinion is well-constructed, valid, and one I find personally agreeable, and you're basically telling him to stuff it and that he should've never opened his mouth. How is his opinion "misinterpretted?" It's an OPINION, which ISN'T INHERENTLY TRUE OR FALSE. So he compared to American comics. It's called an ANALOGY. The comparison was a critque on Link's style of narrative and general plot direction.

So tell me, since you never REALLY addressed the meat of his opinion: What is it you dislike about it so badly that you suggested it was misinterpreted and worthless? WHAT is it?

What, you don't get it? G I don't know, being thought of as not giving LINK a "CHANCE"!?

The constructiveness and the length of the post is find, just not when its being applied to you in this matter. Maby if I was really being skeptical on LINK so there for being needed of this type of post, but that's not issue here. Again I'm being thought of, of not giving Link a chance. So that being said and done do you still think I deserved that type of post and you being on his side?

*Sings*

"Two ships sailing On a neon sea, Eat the flesh Spit out the seeds. Feathered hair And lame heels, What turns me on Is so surreal!!!"
Gemcrim wrote:Now I haven't read or seen much of .hack//LINK but based solely on a few scans I've seen here and there as well as bits of information I've read, I have to say I feel .hack//LINK is a steaming pile of crap, everyone has basically said what I feel about it so I'm not going to expand on this.

As for you Kite 669, this isn't about taking "sides" it's about stating what you feel about this series, the very fact that you would deny someone the right to their opinion... simply put makes you quite the egotistical asshole. No one asked for YOUR opinion and you stated it anyway, did anyone tell you to keep your mouth shut? No, so give people that same respect, let them speak their mind as you have spoken yours.
I don't have a problem with people speaking there own mind, What I don't like is when people aren't on the same WAVE LINK! Also I never started anything, this all started because of some idiot telling me how I'm not giving LINK a chance and decides to go on a comparsence trip of how LINK is like a Superman comic. GOD LIKE I DON'T ALREADY KNOW THAT ALREADY!!! Yet whats worse is that you guys support him.

Listen, the knowledge of his post is find, but the thinking part that I wasn't giving LINK a "CHANCE" and having to write a THREE post paragraph explaining what Link's all about is WRONG. I mean theres nothing stopping him from posting it, just the nerve! Come on people write whacha like, but at least capture what the first guy meant. So is there anything else you wanna accuse me of?!

And it's Kite6669 Dum@ss, not Kite669!!!
S1lentOp wrote:In today's show, ladies and gentlemen, we're going to see what it truly means to be a douchebag on a message board. Now, many of us would assume that typical arrogance would be the greatest symptom, but it comes in many shapes and sizes, ranging in levels of douchebaggery. Of course, sometimes this arrogance is warranted to make a point, but it is done gracefully and with wit. Unfortunately the star of this performance will soon realize that he is not quite so clever. I ask that you have your seat, relax, and enjoy our small play. So without further ado I give you The Douchebag.

ACT I, SCENE I - The Douchebag.

The curtains open, and he has made his entrance with the predictable shallow response and thoughtless conjecture that so often plagues the posts of the Douchebag. Riddled with poor grammar and spelling errors, he tries to be clever by making a mediocre metaphor and underlines his statement with unnecessary smileys. He has sadly missed his mark, but he shall have another chance to comeback. Lets watch...

ACT I, SCENE II - The Newcomer

A new character has now made his first appearance in the opening act, but oh no! It seems the poster has wandered into the Douchebag's territory and is sharing his own opinion. He surely will not take well to this encroachment on his territory and may become hostile. Doubly so given that it is not only a valid opinion, but a well written one as well despite its flaws. Clearly this will not bode well for Adhemas.

ACT II, SCENE I - Confrontation

As was expected the douchebag has not taken kindly to the new poster's antics and has retaliated with great force! His performance is much more impressive this time around. With great technique in the art of douchebaggery, he begins his sentence with "not to be rude" so that he can continue to say anything under the pretense that he's trying to be friendly. He follows with a stellar demonstration of hubris on his part and assumes the role of the owner of the thread, or as some circles would call it - That idiot who thinks he's the only person on the internet allowed to have an opinion. Lets continue. Finally he closes his first remark with a downplaying of his poor performance in ACT I, SCENE I by admitting his fault but then excusing it. Though not as impressive as his opening, it was still a decent try. Note the continued gratuitous use of smileys and poor spelling.

The Douchebag's hostility has escalated to the point of incoherent rambling. Brilliance. You see, ladies and gentlemen, the opening noise he makes, which just so happens to be the mark of a drooling fool, foreshadows the mockery that follows. All of this is supposed to insult the new poster, however he does not do so ineffectively and only seems to show the audience just how great a fool he is, thus this is a wonderful performance of his role. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

His comeback sadly begins to deteriorate with a desperate demonstration of knowledge by extrapolating somewhat on his entrance. Poor man.

Alas! Ladies and gentlemen, he has picked himself up for another retaliation against the newcomer! Oh, and it is truly a spectacle to behold. This is perhaps the highlight of his performance as the Douchebag. He begins once again with the expected arrogance, but continues surprisingly by attacking the reading comprehension of the new poster. Comedy at its finest, folks, but it doesn't end there. With great confidence he chastises the other poster for "running [his] mouth off." Oh, the irony! The irony! Perhaps my favorite part of this scene is when he ends his terribly insulting remarks with "Not trying to put you down" and then furthers it by repeating the "just saying" clause he has used with artistry at every opportunity. If you didn't think his hubris knew limits, you were correct ladies and gentlemen. The Douchebag believes he's done us a favor with his performance. Oh, silly man. Silly man. Again, note the use of smileys, capital letters, and exclamation points.

We are quickly coming to the end of the first scene of the second act, and it has been quite a ride. He now tries to be friendly to the other posters who he knows are watching him, and even appeals to perhaps his greatest threat. Oh, let's watch how it unfolds.

ACT II, SCENE II - Betrayal

Oh dear. It seems things have not gone as planned for our star. It seems that the one named AuraTwilight, to whom the Douchebag appealed, has not shown his support. How disappointing! It seems he is not quite as popular as he previously believed. Nevertheless he will continue to show resistence. In another show of irony, he has commented on the length of the Newcomer's post, calling it "ridiculously long." Why is this ironic? you might ask. Well you see, the post he is referring to is in fact shorter than the response he made to that very post. It is curious, however, that three short paragraphs would be considered "ridiculously long." What will he do next?!

It seems that yet another poster has commented on the activity in this performance. What makes this utterance worth taking a look at is the possible use of malapropism. For our audience members who are not knowledgeable of these techniques, a malapropism is the substitution of an incorrect word for a word with a similar sound, usually to comic effect. You may remember this technique used in such notable plays as Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing. A funny coincidence, isn't it? The Douchebag, our beloved character, closes this act with the true mark of his character's persona: a delusional belief of innocence. In other words, the character falsely believes that he has done nothing wrong, and that everyone else is to blame. Of course we as the audience know better, don't we? Note how he appeals to shadow of skeith by saying he only wanted to share his thoughts when in fact he was the one who mocked the Newcomer for sharing his thoughts. Wonderful! His performance started slow, but he has made a wonderful performance of just what it means to be a douchebag.

It is time for an intermission, ladies and gentlemen, but the show must go on. If it should not continue here, then perhaps on another stage in another theater. Don't fret or fuss, though. We will see our beloved character again. As the curtains close for this part of the play, please carry with you the lessons The Douchebag has taught us and remember that that no one likes a Douchebag. Farewell for now.

Commentator's Note: Edited for perfection.
*Claps* Now what we have here ladies and gentlemen is a true example of a "SMART@SS". Even thou he did do a really great job examining the situation and writing a very clever post, what he doesn't know is he just waisted 2 or 3 hrs of his "LIFE". So while people like him are wasting there time in there Mothers basement, playing spank the monkey and doing God WHO Knows, *coughs* KITTY PORN! People are working there @sses off and doing something for the WORLD!

Hey Jr. instead wasting all that "FREE TIME" predicting what move I'll do next, why don't you put that intelligence to work run for Governor.

Wow you think I have bad spelling, Hehehe you should see your self.
shadow of skeith wrote:umm, wow. I REALLY didn't think this would go that far. :lol: But I must say silentOP, congrats on your play. I quite enjoyed that performance of intelligence and skill in your observations. Simply great storytelling. To kite669 I believe, you have to be careful about how you approach opinion. A mistake like this could cost you in the long run, as you can see from the negative responses against your replies, but...Please refrain from "settling the score" or reposting a smart remark against past comments here. It saves quite a bit off time.
Past comments? I'm more of a present type of person. Who cares about past and future? The present is what life is truly about.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Kite669 wrote:So that being said and done do you still think I deserved that type of post and you being on his side?

*Sings*

"Two ships sailing On a neon sea, Eat the flesh Spit out the seeds. Feathered hair And lame heels, What turns me on Is so surreal!!!"
What you really deserve here is a swift kick to the nuts by making your post even longer by "singing" a completely pointless song. That and I have no idea what you're trying to say at all it's a huge mess to me. All I know is that you're defending yourself which is understandable, but know that you started this.

Kite669 wrote:I don't have a problem with people speaking there own mind, What I don't like is when people aren't on the same WAVE LINK! Also I never started anything, this all started because of some idiot telling me how I'm not giving LINK a chance and decides to go on a comparsence trip of how LINK is like a Superman comic. GOD LIKE I DON'T ALREADY KNOW THAT ALREADY!!! Yet whats worse is that you guys support him.

Listen, the knowledge of his post is find, but the thinking part that I wasn't giving LINK a "CHANCE" and having to write a THREE post paragraph explaining what Link's all about is WRONG. I mean theres nothing stopping him from posting it, just the nerve! Come on people write whacha like, but at least capture what the first guy meant. So is there anything else you wanna accuse me of?! And it's Kite6669 Dum@ss, not Kite669!!!
Okay limp-dick, first off you a perfectly capable of saying "dumbass", meaning you don't need to use @ as an A and that a B comes right after the M. I got your name wrong, big ***** deal you aren't notable in any way, you're just one of the thousands of people who take up the name of Kite nothing special. Now you can call me "dumbass" all you like if it makes you feel better, but all you're going to do is bring about more trouble.

But let's take focus off my hatred of you for just a moment, apparently you hate people making comparisons on similarities between LINK and Superman, yet earlier you said you have no problem with people speaking their minds and they need to be on the same "WAVE LINK", (it's wave length you tard). What you're basically saying in that paragraph is that he cannot state his mind because YOU find it to be wrong, you contradict yourself which is to be expected from an asshole like you. An opinion is not fact and just because you disagree with it does not mean that you should be allowed to put it down.

Okay now, there is one thing I'd like to mention, Adhemas may not understood what you meant, I sure as hell don't, half of the crap you wrote doesn't make any sense whatsoever, so you really can't blame him for what ever the hell you're accusing him of, you just need to be clearer.
Kite669 wrote: *Claps* Now what we have here ladies and gentlemen is a true example of a "SMART@SS". Even thou he did do a really great job examining the situation and writing a very clever post, what he doesn't know is he just waisted 2 or 3 hrs of his "LIFE". So while people like him are wasting there time in there Mothers basement, playing spank the monkey and doing God WHO Knows, *coughs* KITTY PORN! People are working there @sses off and doing something for the WORLD!

Hey Jr. instead wasting all that "FREE TIME" predicting what move I'll do next, why don't you put that intelligence to work run for Governor.

Wow you think I have bad spelling, Hehehe you should see your self.
Everyone makes grammar errors, I'm sure I have quite a few in this post. However at least S1lentOp and well everyone else in this topic actually makes sense to me. Also instead of insulting what people may or may not do on their free time, why don't you take your own advice, you apparently are older than all of us if you're going to say things like that, so how about you not waste time on this forum telling everyone they're wrong and stupid etc. etc.

Kite669 wrote:Past comments? I'm more of a present type of person. Who cares about past and future? The present is what life is truly about.
The very fact you quoted and responded to past comments in an attempt to defend yourself shows this is untrue. If you weren't concerned about past or future you wouldn't have bothered responding to any of us.

In short, you are an asshole. <3
Last edited by Gemcrim on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

This has spiraled way out of control.
I'll say one thing before I warn all of you to drop this stupid argument and try to salvage the original topic: Kite669, your entire issue with Adhemas stems from the fact that you believed them to have been replying to your post. However, there is no true indication of this. They simply stated that, "Well, I don't say that it's crap or it's good until I have finished reading the whole story." Other posters before you implied that they viewed LINK as crap, yet you assumed that Adhemas was replying to you.
Even if it was a reply to your post, let people have their own opinions. It wasn't a direct attack on you, so cool it.

Now PLEASE, stop this stupidity everyone and get back on topic.