R:X Lost Grounds?

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

S. [Burned] Y.

Re: R:X Lost Grounds?

Post by S. [Burned] Y. »

they were hacker buddies before the time Ovan became infected
When did Yata say that?
Vol 3, In a message to Haseo from Yata.
As fellow hackers, Ovan and I had something in common.
At least, that's what I thought.
I respected him, even admired him.

But at some point he suddenly changed.
He started dragging that bizarre arm around,
wandering through areas aimlessly,
and set up the Twilight Brigade to search for
the Key of Twilight.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Tri-Edge, merely just damaged the area data of the where he put the sign in the shape of it.
Well yeah, AIDA as in Tri-Edge. But remember he can also use such Sign in battle, and Ovan doesn't necessarily need to lose control in order to make the Sign, but like i said before, it was never his desire to be able to do that, it just came a need later on.
When did Yata say that?
Already replied :3 And as you can see, he mentioned they were before Ovan appeared with the lock and all.
Doubt it, you forget R:2 Character design system is WAY more in-depth than R:1's, with more possibilities and the like, except for the seal im sure it was just a regular character creation for himself, for Aina, i can't remember what Piros said so I'll just go with what you said
Is it really? Because honestly, i don't remember any huge character modification ever in R:1, or at least not one where you could say that a great hacker or programmer overall completely modified a character design (not even Kite's appearance with the Bracelet...it just changed his character's colors)...not even Piros messed around his model as much as he did in R:2 :/ And the only thing i can see "deeper" in R:2 is the whole deal with Adept Rogues and their appearance changing, but programming-wise, i suppose that'd actually make it easier for someone to change a character's model in comparison to R:1. Sure, it could be that Ovan just made his character normally, possibly not intending to hack anything at the moment and just start as a normal player, and though Aina's character looks kinda similar to Ovan (mostly the color scheme) it could that Ovan hacked him thanks to Aina's request of looking similar to him, yet i still think he also used an "illegal" character design for himself, and if he didn't, he still had the ability to do so as he did with Aina.

And if you don't recall Piros saying that in Vol. 3, then remember that Piros was chasing her for that very reason XD
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

If he hacked Aina's PC, I don't see why he wouldn't hack his own. Given the context, his hacking might have been one of the many factors that attracted Corbenic.
Midori

Post by Midori »

Well, I don't see anything wrong with Ovan hacking his left arm to keep AIDA contained in it. ^^'

If Yata can hack as Naobi, even though he's a system administrator, I don't see why Ovan can't make himself a little special. It's not like he's flaunting his avatar in the arena or anything. *cough*En*cough*

lol
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Hmm... I must've forgotten that Ovan was a hacker. :/
Well then, I retract my earlier statement.
Altre

Post by Altre »

Just to be clear, my use of "magical ****" is equal to "cool/awesome/interesting/useful ****". Not actual magic....