R:X Lost Grounds?

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Tawalaya

R:X Lost Grounds?

Post by Tawalaya »

They're almost sure to make a return. I mean, I don't think I've ever HEARD of a major .hack installment without the Hule Granz Cathedral in it.

Personally, I'm hoping that the new series about "The World"'s origin will reveal a lot about the Lost grounds, and their place in the Epitaph of the Twilight. If there's any time to bring the Lost Grounds to life, R:X is it for sure.

So what do you think? Lost Grounds, return? no return? What do you think will happen, and what do you HOPE R:X will bring?
Shin Amakiir

Re: R:X Lost Grounds?

Post by Shin Amakiir »

I think it really all depends on if CC Corp. was dumb enough to use some data from R:2 (and leftovers from R:1, I think). Which, considering the super powers some characters have, I'll have to say is a big 10/4, good buddy.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Shin Amakiir wrote:I think it really all depends on if CC Corp. was dumb enough to use some data from R:2 (and leftovers from R:1, I think). Which, considering the super powers some characters have, I'll have to say is a big 10/4, good buddy.
Agreed.
Namihana

Post by Namihana »

They'll 100% be back. I'm sure of it. As you said, there's almost no major series without the Cathedral in it. Heck, it's like a symbol for the whole .hack// series already.
TwilightGod

Post by TwilightGod »

Shin Amakiir wrote:I think it really all depends on if CC Corp. was dumb enough to use some data from R:2 (and leftovers from R:1, I think). Which, considering the super powers some characters have, I'll have to say is a big 10/4, good buddy.
i agree that the lost ground will return because there in every major .hack installment.

the super powered characters do not necessarily mean that data from r:2 and r:1 was used......they could just be hacked pcs

i kinda hope that they do use data from r:1 and r:2 though, because there might be a chance that azure kite will be moved over also into R:X :D

maybe they integrated R:1 and R:2....cause kite login is seen in then manga with his usual character design and the twilight bracelet...therefore he login in with his R:1 account......

umm...sorry :(

went totally off topic there
Tawalaya

Post by Tawalaya »

TwilightGod wrote:
i agree that the lost ground will return because there in every major .hack installment.

the super powered characters do not necessarily mean that data from r:2 and r:1 was used......they could just be hacked pcs

i kinda hope that they do use data from r:1 and r:2 though, because there might be a chance that azure kite will be moved over also into R:X :D

maybe they integrated R:1 and R:2....cause kite login is seen in then manga with his usual character design and the twilight bracelet...therefore he login in with his R:1 account......

umm...sorry :(

went totally off topic there
That's quite the possibility. That would explain the old PC designs returning, as well as the ones from R:2, and of course R:X is supposed to be an upgrade, so thus all the NEW designs.

I'm sure the overall world recieved a graphic overhaul and massive data expansion too. That would explain the TONS of new areas to explore, and the new lost grounds.
azuredothackers

Post by azuredothackers »

I'm sure the Lost Grounds would definitely return. What is a .hack story without the epitaph of twilight elements, also it wouldn't be a .hack without the Lost Grounds.

With Kite having the bracelet too, doesn't that hint that the epitaph of twilight is still in effect? Because that power does exist with the waves too.

It doesn't really matter though I just want to see Skeith kicking ass again. There should be a scene where Haseo uses skeith to data drain one of those bastards. Especially Flugel-You might've escaped Kite's data drain but not SKEITH'S!
Mayka

Post by Mayka »

Yea...! Lost Grounds would defenitely return, and I think Hulle Granz would have a significant role again in LINK!
Last edited by Mayka on Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

One of the areas in the new concept art looks a lot like Coite Bodhar during daytime.
Mayka

Post by Mayka »

Yea, without the lake though.. looks smaller than the R:2 version... and it's a whale... I wonder if Megin Fi's still there..
Last edited by Mayka on Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The lake might be in the bottom right corner.
Mayka

Post by Mayka »

hmmm... with lake or without lake, it still looks like Coite-Bodher :D ~(Megin Fi is a giant tree now...!? D:<)
Namihana

Post by Namihana »

I'm willing to bet that the Hullez Grand Cathedral remained the same. No changes whatsoever.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I wouldn't say entirely unchanged. The Hulle Granz Cathedral has small, but noticable, changes in every installment. I wouldn't be surprised if the altar has some sort of slots or set for the Chrono Cores to be placed, or something.
Shikuza_Ame

Post by Shikuza_Ame »

It's shocking to say this coming from me, but I'd rather they completely take away the Lost Grounds including the famous cathedral. And I'm not saying it because I've grown bored of all of them, which I havn't ,especially the cathedral, but I think it might be a sudden and unexpected change.

And I like change.

Besides, that will give a chance for us to experience an entirely new setting with entirely new secret places, and worlds. I understand we have all grown fond of the cathedral because of it's appearance and the events that have transpired inside of it, but I feel that we need to be shown or introduced a new place that will be our new "cathedral", you could say. I wouldn't mind if it were elegant and errie as well, a wee bit reminicent of the cathedral setting-but like I said before, I'd rather them introduce to us a new place where new events will occur and perhaps we will have a new favorite spot; much like .Hack's the creator's room, or white rooms in the game.

Besides, I'm sure the developers would place other settings or objects in the game revelant to R1 or R2.
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

I'm pretty sure the Cathedral will be there stay it's just too iconic for ,hack. It's pretty much the one Lost Ground thats present in nearly all .hack media. What I really want is that the Lost Grounds be more expansive, and not be some patch of ground with pretty visual effects. So far only the Land of Sins Ran Badhi has actually done that. The Morrigu Barrow wall for example would be great if we could walk the length of the wall instead of just standing on a platform overlooking the whole misty valley.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Fragments.beta wrote:I'm pretty sure the Cathedral will be there stay it's just too iconic for ,hack. It's pretty much the one Lost Ground thats present in nearly all .hack media. What I really want is that the Lost Grounds be more expansive, and not be some patch of ground with pretty visual effects. So far only the Land of Sins Ran Badhi has actually done that. The Morrigu Barrow wall for example would be great if we could walk the length of the wall instead of just standing on a platform overlooking the whole misty valley.
You want an area that literally takes you around all of Za Warudo?
xthform22

Post by xthform22 »

okay so we all are sure that the lgs will be back but wut changes will there be. but the real question is the NETSLUM! what changes what will it be a meeting place (r:1) a haven (r:2) or somthing completley newlike i dont know um an actual dunggeun with a place like in sign ware the end leads to somewhere diff like an outer dungeun i dont know
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Fragments.beta wrote:I'm pretty sure the Cathedral will be there stay it's just too iconic for ,hack. It's pretty much the one Lost Ground thats present in nearly all .hack media. What I really want is that the Lost Grounds be more expansive, and not be some patch of ground with pretty visual effects. So far only the Land of Sins Ran Badhi has actually done that. The Morrigu Barrow wall for example would be great if we could walk the length of the wall instead of just standing on a platform overlooking the whole misty valley.
You want an area that literally takes you around all of Za Warudo?
Sure why not? Anything that gives a Lost Ground more than just a "zomg its purty" look.
Twilisapien

Post by Twilisapien »

That would be cool if Carmina Gadelica became a lost ground... i mean it was really cool to be in,

oh and if you can ride the boats.. AWESOME!