Any Ideas On The New Key Of Twilight?

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Jakal Of Twilight

Any Ideas On The New Key Of Twilight?

Post by Jakal Of Twilight »

Ass we've all seen, every .hack "era" has had it's Keys of Twilight (Aura, Bracelet, Xth Form, to name a few (and tell me if Im wrong on any of 'em)) and I've been wondering, does anyone have any idea on what could be the new key of twilight?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Any Ideas On The New Key Of Twilight?

Post by TheSorrow »

Kite, Haseo and Tokio together.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'ma gonna guess it's like, the combined Chrono Cores, as both they and the Key of the Twilight give access to "The Truth".
Tawalaya

Post by Tawalaya »

AuraTwilight wrote:I'ma gonna guess it's like, the combined Chrono Cores, as both they and the Key of the Twilight give access to "The Truth".
Which will probably be hinted at in the new "Epitaph of Twilight" manga. ;D
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Tawalaya wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:I'ma gonna guess it's like, the combined Chrono Cores, as both they and the Key of the Twilight give access to "The Truth".
Which will probably be hinted at in the new "Epitaph of Twilight" manga. ;D
It's a book, not a manga. And I don't see how it can possibly make an inference to Link since they're nearly 20 years apart.
Namihana

Post by Namihana »

Then again, it could be Tokio himself. Who knows?
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Namihana wrote:Then again, it could be Tokio himself. Who knows?
I'm going to have to go with that one too. The fact that even while in game he has immunity towards the affects of time, this may turn out into some elaborate beginning of the new KoTT.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I don't know about Tokio being the Key of the Twlight, especially since Aura was going to sleep. However there something about him that suggests power, even if he seems unaware of it. http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link/tokio/img/07/02.gif (Spoliers - Beware)
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

I'm going to go with Tokio as well, since his "magic" black disk seems to defy all logical explanation.
Namihana

Post by Namihana »

|<!73 wrote:I don't know about Tokio being the Key of the Twlight, especially since Aura was going to sleep. However there something about him that suggests power, even if he seems unaware of it. http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link/tokio/img/07/02.gif (Spoliers - Beware)
Did he just...0_0

Oh wow...
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

Insydius wrote:
Namihana wrote:Then again, it could be Tokio himself. Who knows?
I'm going to have to go with that one too. The fact that even while in game he has immunity towards the affects of time, this may turn out into some elaborate beginning of the new KoTT.
That's what I'm thinking too, since all of the main characters somehow become the KoTT. (Kite's Bracelet, Haseo's Xth Form) I'm just basing this off of logic from the other games.
I don't know about Tokio being the Key of the Twlight, especially since Aura was going to sleep. However there something about him that suggests power, even if he seems unaware of it. http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link/tokio/img/07/02.gif (Spoliers - Beware)
Really? Woah. :prayer: Bow to almighty Tokio.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

HOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIT!!!!
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

|<!73 wrote:I don't know about Tokio being the Key of the Twlight, especially since Aura was going to sleep. However there something about him that suggests power, even if he seems unaware of it. http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link/tokio/img/07/02.gif (Spoliers - Beware)
u win the entire site for this piece of info XD!!!!! who knew tokio had a guardian ~_~??!!
k-su

Post by k-su »

He's ripping off other people's stuff now? Yep, he's definitely shaping up to be the new KoTT, especially if this keeps up. I wonder if Tokio somehow becomes the Twilight Knights Key, him realizing their goal of protecting the Chrono cores or somesuch. Maybe everyone gives him their inherent KoTTness to make him the Ult. KoTT...that's a terrible idea. Somehow I see him becoming his own KoTT, having met his heroes and presently helping them to save Za Warudo, as lame as that sound to me, it'd be a first, tho.

That was pretty sweet tho, especially considering what happened from chpt 5 till that point. (*shakes head*)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

k-su wrote:He's ripping off other people's stuff now? Yep, he's definitely shaping up to be the new KoTT, especially if this keeps up. I wonder if Tokio somehow becomes the Twilight Knights Key, him realizing their goal of protecting the Chrono cores or somesuch. Maybe everyone gives him their inherent KoTTness to make him the Ult. KoTT...that's a terrible idea. Somehow I see him becoming his own KoTT, having met his heroes and presently helping them to save Za Warudo, as lame as that sound to me, it'd be a first, tho.

That was pretty sweet tho, especially considering what happened from chpt 5 till that point. (*shakes head*)
That guy he pwnz0red was the guy who took Tsukasa's Chrono Core. Maybe Tokio seized the Core from him and it gave him Tsukasa's powers, thus supporting the theory that the Chrono Cores are the source of everyone's revived powers?

Which ties into my theory that the combined Chrono Cores = Key of the Twilight. God damn, I RULE.
k-su

Post by k-su »

AuraTwilight wrote: That guy he pwnz0red was the guy who took Tsukasa's Chrono Core. Maybe Tokio seized the Core from him and it gave him Tsukasa's powers, thus supporting the theory that the Chrono Cores are the source of everyone's revived powers?

Which ties into my theory that the combined Chrono Cores = Key of the Twilight. God damn, I RULE.
Oh, well in that case, awesome. I didnt know all that b4. Thanks AT.

Your theory sounds very plausable, especially if Chrono Cores indeed are the src of everyone's powers. I wonder what that means about their origin? Could they be traces of the old Worlds? The arcaic records or whatever that thing's called could house stuff relating to older versions or possible Aura could be asleep in there or something. Anyways, its better than Tokio=Key.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:Which ties into my theory that the combined Chrono Cores = Key of the Twilight. God damn, I RULE.
*Cough*TOOBADYOUREWRONG*cough* According to the official website, the Chrono Cores are the keys to the Akashic Records, which are "a new system introduced in R:X" (Presumably by Jotarou Amagi). This makes it all separate, sorta like something lopped on top of the Key of the Twilight, just to make everything more complicated.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

*Cough*TOOBADYOUREWRONG*cough* According to the official website, the Chrono Cores are the keys to the Akashic Records, which are "a new system introduced in R:X" (Presumably by Jotarou Amagi). This makes it all separate, sorta like something lopped on top of the Key of the Twilight, just to make everything more complicated.
The Key of the Twilight was kind've a symbolic thing ANYway, so I'm not wrong yet. That, and we don't know the nature of this "New system", and knowing how CC2 and Amagi do things, they probably just messed with Harald's work and were all "LOL NEW!"

So BLEH!
Labyrinth

Post by Labyrinth »

But the Epitaph is still its background. The World's existence itself makes a link with the epitaph.
Kryuzei
Location: The sixth dimension; those who alter the reality itself to make the world came true.

Post by Kryuzei »

Does that mean Tokio can access every unique ability from the Chrono Cores. .?
In a way, he could also be called as a 'key'.