The 8 phases/epitaphs

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Samael

Re: The 8 phases/epitaphs

Post by Samael »

She probably has a backup backup outside the Akashic Records.

Now here's something to consider. It is Crazy McPyropants controlling everything, and he succeeds, becomes God, deletes Aura from the system, she reveals she has a back up outside the system, box and records, comes back, so we now have Crazy McPyroGod and Aura.

What happens now? I want to say epic showdown. With yelling and guns and Data Drains flying everywhere, and of course, Tokio pulling a Deus Ex Machina.

I can't help but giggle at using the term Deus Ex Machina in this scenario.
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

if memory serves me right the records were made by morganna to develop aura.
so both morganna and aura are seperate of the records. hmm... but it seems like the key of twilights and epitaphs are....
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

She probably has a backup backup outside the Akashic Records.

Now here's something to consider. It is Crazy McPyropants controlling everything, and he succeeds, becomes God, deletes Aura from the system, she reveals she has a back up outside the system, box and records, comes back, so we now have Crazy McPyroGod and Aura.

What happens now? I want to say epic showdown. With yelling and guns and Data Drains flying everywhere, and of course, Tokio pulling a Deus Ex Machina.

I can't help but giggle at using the term Deus Ex Machina in this scenario.
While that'd be a cool scenario, GU+ seems to tell us that if Jyotaro succeeds, Cubia will just eat him.
if memory serves me right the records were made by morganna to develop aura.
so both morganna and aura are seperate of the records. hmm... but it seems like the key of twilights and epitaphs are....
Your memory serves wrong. The Records were never introduced previous to Link.
Samael

Post by Samael »

He could delete Cubia from the system.

The thought of Cubia never showing up again pleases me.

Still it'll more likely go like this:
McPyroPants: Alright, lessee, I've manipulated everyone, even my own sister, into opening the Akashic Records, I've successfully entered the Akashic Records and become the new God of The World, I've deleted Aura from the system...now what am I forgetting?

Cubia: *Nomnomnomnom*

McPyroPants: Ah, right, that.
emptyazureskies

they were mentioned in AI buster 1. AT
Samael

Post by Samael »

That was a metaphor for the black box used by Albireo, who knows a lot about mythology, but not the inner secrets of The World. Aura was encoded in the black box, with Morganna(and in turn the Phases), Cubia and the Twilight Bracelet. It was the 'little secret' Harald left within The World.

The Akashic Records are already confirmed not to be the black box.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Thanks for answering that, Samael. Also, the Akashic Records are known to not have existed in previous versions of Za Warudo.
I don't think he could. Not even all eight Epitaphs combined allowed Jyotaro to stand a chance against Cubia. He'd just get NOM'ed again. And the Epitaphs > Akashic Records, as they could control the WHOLE EFFIN' INTERNETZ.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:Thanks for answering that, Samael. Also, the Akashic Records are known to not have existed in previous versions of Za Warudo.
I don't think he could. Not even all eight Epitaphs combined allowed Jyotaro to stand a chance against Cubia. He'd just get NOM'ed again. And the Epitaphs > Akashic Records, as they could control the WHOLE EFFIN' INTERNETZ.
yea, If I am not mistaken cubia is intertwine in the black box so he couldn't be just, deleted.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

The entire World exists in binary code and is stored in Akashic records. (Page 226 .hack//AI buster) The term is mentioned however I do not believe they are the same thing. As for Cubia I suppose that correct, however since he is an anti existence, and one that was destroyed twice. (Three if the one from epitaph is twilight is taken down) then it makes one wonder if its the same Cubia at all or merely a program that tracks and restarts itself.
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

Pretty much anything can be pulled from the Sea of Data especially if they use the same coding from previous versions like they did with R:2. The epitaphs were pulled from there so its possible that AI Harald and/or Cubia can come back. I just hope they make use of Cubia as a better plot device than before.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Cubia was never destroyed in either case, it merely went back to sleep.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:Cubia was never destroyed in either case, it merely went back to sleep.
thats confusing, I get that in IMOQ Kite destroyed the bracelet and thus Cubia ceases to exist, but in G.U. Haseo didn't loose his "key of twilight." he just beat Cubia, shouldn't Cubia still be there?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Cubia program was always there in the system. It "activates" and creates Cubia, the attackable, physical monster whenever the Key of the Twilight manifests, and when it's no longer needed, the incarnation of Cubia dies. It's similar to how defeating an Avatar doesn't destroy the Avatar entirely, just the manifestation called upon during the fight.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:The Cubia program was always there in the system. It "activates" and creates Cubia, the attackable, physical monster whenever the Key of the Twilight manifests, and when it's no longer needed, the incarnation of Cubia dies. It's similar to how defeating an Avatar doesn't destroy the Avatar entirely, just the manifestation called upon during the fight.
well I get that but, Haseo defeats the "physical cubia" once, shouldn't he fight like an infinite number of them. or dose he only spawn once when the key of twilight is first formed.
emptyazureskies

i suppose with that logic that if there was more than one key of twilight cubia could spawn like that forming many shadows
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

well I get that but, Haseo defeats the "physical cubia" once, shouldn't he fight like an infinite number of them. or dose he only spawn once when the key of twilight is first formed.
Since all Eight Epitaphs were used to defeat Cubia, it's possible that their powers were used to take Haseo off of Cubia's blacklist, as if Haseo was given "security clearance" so to speak.
i suppose with that logic that if there was more than one key of twilight cubia could spawn like that forming many shadows
Or one shadow to reflect every Key of Twilight at once. After all, aren't all those Lights shining on the same spot: Za Warudo?
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Since all Eight Epitaphs were used to defeat Cubia, it's possible that their powers were used to take Haseo off of Cubia's blacklist, as if Haseo was given "security clearance" so to speak.
Or one shadow to reflect every Key of Twilight at once. After all, aren't all those Lights shining on the same spot: Za Warudo?
wow that would be freaking awesome, can you imagine like 3 keys of twilight and 3 cubias (possibly in PC form)
wait kite, haseo, and this new guy. It could happen XD
emptyazureskies

Ratsu wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:
wow that would be freaking awesome, can you imagine like 3 keys of twilight and 3 cubias (possibly in PC form)
probly not till the first shadow is taken of though... unless they are cubia dun dun dunnn.....
d0tti3

Post by d0tti3 »

Ratsu wrote:

"CUBIA'LL SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS, GUYS! THROW HIM IN THERE, HAR. 8D"
No. Just. No.

I was severely disappointed in bringing back Cubia to Redemption, as it really, was not necessary. It didn't /have/ to continue onto cubia.
Anyways, cubia itself probably shouldn't rear it;s head in another game/anime/manga/whatever to .hack. That goes to show that producers are running out of ideas and want to play in the safe zone of bringing in repetition.

I'm intrigued by what I've seen of //Link so far, not so thrilled about resurrecting past stories/characters/elements, since again, that didn't help popularity with bringing back Cubia in GU.

Perhaps, bringing this thread back on track, the Phases will be brought back in some new form. First it was the enemy, second it was the Power, who knows what they will come back as in this installment. I'm sure it won't be a disappointment though, the producers are still really strong when it comes to the Epitaph of Twilight, the mystery behind it, and further twisting the Phases to keep us engaged.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

d0tti3 wrote:
Ratsu wrote:

"CUBIA'LL SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS, GUYS! THROW HIM IN THERE, HAR. 8D"
No. Just. No.

I was severely disappointed in bringing back Cubia to Redemption, as it really, was not necessary. It didn't /have/ to continue onto cubia.
Anyways, cubia itself probably shouldn't rear it;s head in another game/anime/manga/whatever to .hack. That goes to show that producers are running out of ideas and want to play in the safe zone of bringing in repetition.

I'm intrigued by what I've seen of //Link so far, not so thrilled about resurrecting past stories/characters/elements, since again, that didn't help popularity with bringing back Cubia in GU.

Perhaps, bringing this thread back on track, the Phases will be brought back in some new form. First it was the enemy, second it was the Power, who knows what they will come back as in this installment. I'm sure it won't be a disappointment though, the producers are still really strong when it comes to the Epitaph of Twilight, the mystery behind it, and further twisting the Phases to keep us engaged.
So then by logic your saying that because the .hack games all take place online that the creators are running out of ideas? I was under the impression Cubia was a function of the world itself, which would in a sense make cubia no different then the shops that appear in all the .hack games or even the log in screen. Hes not being recycled hes a part of the world so they have to include him, just as they will have the phases. And I always though it was called .hack//LINK because it "Links" all the stories together.