The 8 phases/epitaphs

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Namihana

Re: The 8 phases/epitaphs

Post by Namihana »

It'd be great to see at least a few cameos of the Epitaph Users.

I'm also bothered by Haseo not being in his Xthform, and seems to be in a new appearance, probably because of the current game being different from R:2. Does that mean Skeith, if he's ever back, gets a new look too?
Sol

Post by Sol »

I'm wondering if there are gonna be more AIs the time around, since G.U. had a dire lack of them. More specifically, I'm interested in seeing Kite's reaction to Azure Kite, especially since I've heard that Kite himself was retconned to have all of AK's fire powers and whatnot.

Also, I'm kinda peeved by Haseo's lack of xth form as well, but that's a minor annoyance.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Avatars have an appearance based on the PC's of their Users, so if Haseo gets a makeover, so does Skeith.

And I doubt there's going to be many AI's. There's almost too many characters already, and it looks like this is gonna be an outright Guild Wars thing. The only AI's I see are Aura and the Epitaphs, and maybe some member(s) of Schicksal are AI's as a planned twist, who knows.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The first appearance of Cello was apparently some sort of dummy, possibly AI.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kuukai wrote:The first appearance of Cello was apparently some sort of dummy, possibly AI.
An AI sounds dubious, because I don't see why they'd need an entire AI of an active guild member. A dummy I could see, a sort of stand-in NPC.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's really just as weird either way...
AzureKnightsDeath

Post by AzureKnightsDeath »

could I mention something pertaining to a subject of this thread that has been left behind for the most part?
If Skeith reappears, but the other seven don't, would it really matter, as, if you've played Redemption and know from the end of the the game's story, Skeith has consumed all seven and possesses all sevens' powers? Sure, it'd be cool to see the old users come back, or have some new ones get shown the ropes by Haseo, but really, it can't be that big a deal for the system if the power of all seven epitaphs exist in one form rather than eight, thus making it easier to cut down on characters as, as it has been mentioned, there are already quite a few.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Just becouse hasaos back dosent mean skith is look at him he's not eaven in his xth forme so that dosent really mean annything we don't eaven no if he can have multipul weapons still so u can't really say he will still have the epitath.
Kite has his Bracelet, Tsukasa has his Guardian. Why wouldn't Haseo have his Epitaph?
Becouse the epitaths have minds of thare own. Who says they want to be controlled annymore they culd decide to oppose us again so thare for hasao might not and probably dosent have skith
The Epitaphs were never controlled. They attached to their users of their own free will and aided them of their own free will, and as hinted, they can leave at any time. Furthermore, Skeith we know specifically LOOKED for Haseo, knowing him to be Sora. It's safe to say that Skeith wants to be by Haseo's side forever, and the same can possibly be said of the other Epitaphs.
Skeith needs to take a side then, because Endrance will have one side too XD I kinda wonder if the phases wont just be like...auras knights? I mean she doesn't have the azure knights, and morgana controlled then phases, so why cant aura control them?
*slams crazy conspiracy hammer*
(I should draw the hammer XD)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

could I mention something pertaining to a subject of this thread that has been left behind for the most part?
If Skeith reappears, but the other seven don't, would it really matter, as, if you've played Redemption and know from the end of the the game's story, Skeith has consumed all seven and possesses all sevens' powers? Sure, it'd be cool to see the old users come back, or have some new ones get shown the ropes by Haseo, but really, it can't be that big a deal for the system if the power of all seven epitaphs exist in one form rather than eight, thus making it easier to cut down on characters as, as it has been mentioned, there are already quite a few.
We're not really sure that Skeith literally has the powers of all seven other Epitaphs. The feeling I got was that he had their data signatures.
Skeith needs to take a side then, because Endrance will have one side too XD I kinda wonder if the phases wont just be like...auras knights? I mean she doesn't have the azure knights, and morgana controlled then phases, so why cant aura control them?
If Aura needs Knights, she has the Azure Knights. Why WOULDN'T she have them? It's not like they're dead.

Besides, the Phases are her siblings, basically. She's not going to rob them of their free will.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:
We're not really sure that Skeith literally has the powers of all seven other Epitaphs. The feeling I got was that he had their data signatures.
If Aura needs Knights, she has the Azure Knights. Why WOULDN'T she have them? It's not like they're dead.

Besides, the Phases are her siblings, basically. She's not going to rob them of their free will.
Her siblings? I was under the impression they were just parts of morganna. Like Morganna would be Windows and skeith is like....the recycle bin, and the other phases were like programs for her. (mind you they have AIs) but I though they were just programs for morganna. besides it would be odd if aura made azure kite a gain wile the real kite is there XD

Kite:Y-YOUR ME!
AK: Uhhhhhhhhh...*sees hasoe*
AK:UHHH!!! *glomps*
Kite:I-I- I WOULD NEVER DO THAT!
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Phases are known as the Children of Morganna, and so is Aura. All nine of them are her creations.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

The fact there R:2 stop for some reason might means that Skeith may have lost the data of the other Phases. Morganna, and Aura will always be there without a doubt. Since R:2 stop that could have some major affects on The Phases if they are still there which I think they are most likey. If Haseo has Skeith that would be depended on Morganna, or Aura right?
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

zaseo wrote:The fact there R:2 stop for some reason might means that Skeith may have lost the data of the other Phases. Morganna, and Aura will always be there without a doubt. Since R:2 stop that could have some major affects on The Phases if they are still there which I think they are most likey. If Haseo has Skeith that would be depended on Morganna, or Aura right?
Dude, Morganna's gone. She's been gone since the very end of IMOQ.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

So wait...what if this time skeith is like '#### haseo I want to go with someone new!" and he goee into another persons body, no one ever said the phases had to stay with them hell Macha could go with tsukasa now XD (that would be funny) I hope they are in it, we didnt get to hear enough of the phases.and we only hurd skeiths REAL voice once (in English it sucked in jap it was amazing.)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The fact there R:2 stop for some reason might means that Skeith may have lost the data of the other Phases. Morganna, and Aura will always be there without a doubt. Since R:2 stop that could have some major affects on The Phases if they are still there which I think they are most likey. If Haseo has Skeith that would be depended on Morganna, or Aura right?
The Phases and other such entities wouldn't be effected by the manipulation of normal game data. They exist on a higher plane of data.
So wait...what if this time skeith is like '#### haseo I want to go with someone new!" and he goee into another persons body, no one ever said the phases had to stay with them hell Macha could go with tsukasa now XD (that would be funny) I hope they are in it, we didnt get to hear enough of the phases.and we only hurd skeiths REAL voice once (in English it sucked in jap it was amazing.)
Skeith is pretty determined to stay with Haseo, and same with all the other Epitaph Users. As the case with Shino proved, the only way an Epitaph will leave is if their User is unable to serve as their owner, like if they fall into a coma. Otherwise the heartbreak is so intense it'll start to break the former owner, like with Atoli during their temporary separation.
ProceedToHell
Location: Delta Hidden Forbidden Nightmare(That would be awesome!)

Post by ProceedToHell »

But let's not forget the dummy avatar! I'm sure you guys remember, some guy at CC Corp created a dummy avatar to fill in Magus that "ran away" (don't really see how a computer program can run away but...) so what if like hackers were to find a phase in R:2 and used its data to create an army of dummy avatar?

......or I'm just nuts.......
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

ProceedToHell wrote:But let's not forget the dummy avatar! I'm sure you guys remember, some guy at CC Corp created a dummy avatar to fill in Magus that "ran away" (don't really see how a computer program can run away but...) so what if like hackers were to find a phase in R:2 and used its data to create an army of dummy avatar?

Actually, the dummy was of Tarvos, that Jun stole fearing the consequences that the RA Plan would bring (or something like that, can't remember exactly right now).

The avatars did 'run away' after the plan's failure though...they simply returned to the sea of data and later found players to attach themselves to. The only one 'caught' was Magus, and technically Tarvos since it just stayed with Jun and later given to Pi.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

But let's not forget the dummy avatar! I'm sure you guys remember, some guy at CC Corp created a dummy avatar to fill in Magus that "ran away" (don't really see how a computer program can run away but...) so what if like hackers were to find a phase in R:2 and used its data to create an army of dummy avatar?

It was Tarvos that was replaced, because Jun Banshoya stole it. And besides, the Dummy Avatar didn't work, and during testing it was destroyed. There is a non-canon alternate universe storyline explaining what would happen if the Dummy Avatar still existed. Read GU+ if you can.
Actually, the dummy was of Tarvos, that Jun stole fearing the consequences that the RA Plan would bring (or something like that, can't remember exactly right now).

The avatars did 'run away' after the plan's failure though...they simply returned to the sea of data and later found players to attach themselves to. The only one 'caught' was Magus, and technically Tarvos since it just stayed with Jun and later given to Pi.
Correct. And these programs were able to "run away" because they're Artificially Intelligent and possess free agency.
ProceedToHell
Location: Delta Hidden Forbidden Nightmare(That would be awesome!)

Post by ProceedToHell »

Silly me, did I really say Magus?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes, you did.