.hack//Link story not reality? **Theory**

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Revelation

.hack//Link story not reality? **Theory**

Post by Revelation »

I know it sounds like a large stretch but hear me out first.

Reading .hack//LINK and watching the chapters a few things do not add up that lead me to believe that "The World" Tokio is residing in is not entirely reality in the sense that it's TRULY a Fantasy world that has been created by Tokio's imagination. There are many things that don't add up that support this, one of these being the appearance of former veterans of the world. For example: Why would Kite tell Tokio that he entrusted the fate of "The World" in his hands after his character data had been frozen? If this truly was a game, couldn't he have simply logged out and logged back on to find his character back to it's regular state? Flaw to this however is that there has been previous cases where a character's PC has been frozen and unable to be "repaired" foresay (Mimika). And even if this was the case he could have simply asked the administrators to fix his PC. The same could not be said with Mimika because the players behind the character were going quit soon enough anyway.

Also, why would the heroes suddenly appear NOW? Kite has been completely gone since IMOQ and he suddenly turns up 9 some odd years later!?

The next thing that strengthens this is Tsukasa's guardian reappearance. There is no VIABLE explanation clear for why he would again have this as everyone knows this creature was given to him by Morganna for protection and since she is gone it shouldn't exist anymore. THEN even IF Morganna has somehow returned in The World R:X she would have no desire nor reason to place such protection upon Tsukasa again. The next reason although minor is Trommel's character appearance. NEVER in ANY incarnations of a .hack game has there ever been a character with such odd height proportions and attire. The same could also be said for Cello who both concidently BOTH resemble Fantasy characters. Also why would Kite entrust TOKIO, without knowing ANYTHING about him, with such a responsibility? Could it simply be because Tokio's mind is trying to fill his desires of becoming the hero or does Kite know something he's not letting on?

...However. There are always different reasons for why such odd things could be occuring:

- Kite, Tsukasa, Blackrose, Haseo, ect could have all been transported into the World R:X by Ayaka who may be trying to recruit the greatest hereos for some unknown evil although extremely unlikely.
- The heroes could have all been emailed by someone who has requested their presence which would explain the "Welcome" teaser from the CC site.
- There may simply be many more races that have been added than we know about in The World R:X which would explain the fairies and superhero character-lookalikes.
- It may be something COMPLETELY unexpected with THOUSANDS of plot twist (ala; .hack//G.U.) that eventually lead up to a believable explanation.

So in summary my theory is that The World R:X that Tokio is in is not the REAL R:X but more of either a figment of his imagination or a fantasy world created by someone that he was transported to for unknown reasons.
Fragments.beta

Re: .hack//Link story not reality? **Theory**

Post by Fragments.beta »

I'm way ahead of you.

http://dothackers.net/forums/viewtopic. ... 4&start=20
Fragments.beta wrote:I've come up with a new (and very unlikely) theory.

Tokio's R:X is his own dream world where he gets his own satisfaction of being a hero and meeting the people he idolizes. I just made that up since I find it incredibly convenient that Tokio, a hardcore gamer and fan of Kite, would suddenly meet the three most significant characters of The World (Tsukasa, Kite and Haseo) all of them with their powers intact. (At least I'm just assuming that Haseo still has his Avatar powers).
Anyway, the answer is no, the official website itself already stated that Kite in LINK is the same one from IMOQ.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I have another theory about this. Actually, i just thought about it when i read this topic ':3

There's been mention about looking for the "Chrono Cores", right? And we all know what Chrono means, right? Well, what if Tokio was actually teleported into R:X but from days or weeks or even months later in the future? While it's indeed possible that someone like Ayaka has been calling up the heroes since R:X was actually released for the public and the whole mess started since then, it's just still quite unbelievable to actually have Tokio in the middle of a mess where there are already guilds and high-level players and those players having mastered and gained alot of stuff you just can't have in a few hours (like Fluegel's gun or Kite's Bracelet and Azure-like skills). I believe everything started indeed before R:X's release, but all the 'heroes' were informed and gathered slowly as they formed the Twilight Knights, then eventually regained their new skills and fully learned about the problem and all they know so far, and what Tokio was seeing is some key point in the story that occurs after all that, in which both Kite and Fluegel were pretty much owned. And regarding Kite's freezing, judging for the nature of things so far (Chrono Cores, The Guardian, The Bracelet), i don't think that was something you would simply ask an admin to fix it and he would. I mean, if that was the problem, don't you think they would simply ask him to delete Fluegel and his gang or something, seeing he has such kind of weapon and is causing whatevertroubleitis? :/ The "Fantasy" character thing could simply be explained by new classes, maybe even hacked to be that way, but everything else can be actually explained if we consider there's been some time tweaking in here.
Actually, i would've believed the fantasy/dream theory, but after typing this i noticed there are things Tokio just couldn't know about (like Tsukasa and Trommel), and while it's really a dream to be with Kite and have him save him and entrust him like that and be in the middle of such a conflict at the first day of R:X's public release, it's less of a dream to think those Chrono Cores and Ayaka's disk-thing did something to Tokio and allowed him to see the future. Who knows, maybe he'll have to save Kite or something, and maybe he'll have to find those Chrono Cores on that time so he goes back to this own time and starts doing whatever he has to do for it.
Revelation

Post by Revelation »

Fragments.beta wrote:
Anyway, the answer is no, the official website itself already stated that Kite in LINK is the same one from IMOQ.
...You mean the same site that said there would be no returning characters in G.U? But yet Aura returned, we found out Haseo was Sora, Kuhn was Sieg AND Wiseman was Yata? The same site that said the three volumes would be completely seperate games and not just three continuing volumes? The same site that said Volume 1 would be longer than all of IMOQ combined? Seriously, their credibility is questioned. Even if this IS the same Kite from the games, don't take everything into a literal position, it may not be the SAME Kite LITERALLY.
TheSorrow wrote:I have another theory about this. Actually, i just thought about it when i read this topic ':3

There's been mention about looking for the "Chrono Cores", right? And we all know what Chrono means, right? Well, what if Tokio was actually teleported into R:X but from days or weeks or even months later in the future? While it's indeed possible that someone like Ayaka has been calling up the heroes since R:X was actually released for the public and the whole mess started since then, it's just still quite unbelievable to actually have Tokio in the middle of a mess where there are already guilds and high-level players and those players having mastered and gained alot of stuff you just can't have in a few hours (like Fluegel's gun or Kite's Bracelet and Azure-like skills). I believe everything started indeed before R:X's release, but all the 'heroes' were informed and gathered slowly as they formed the Twilight Knights, then eventually regained their new skills and fully learned about the problem and all they know so far, and what Tokio was seeing is some key point in the story that occurs after all that, in which both Kite and Fluegel were pretty much owned. And regarding Kite's freezing, judging for the nature of things so far (Chrono Cores, The Guardian, The Bracelet), i don't think that was something you would simply ask an admin to fix it and he would. I mean, if that was the problem, don't you think they would simply ask him to delete Fluegel and his gang or something, seeing he has such kind of weapon and is causing whatevertroubleitis? :/ The "Fantasy" character thing could simply be explained by new classes, maybe even hacked to be that way, but everything else can be actually explained if we consider there's been some time tweaking in here.
Actually, i would've believed the fantasy/dream theory, but after typing this i noticed there are things Tokio just couldn't know about (like Tsukasa and Trommel), and while it's really a dream to be with Kite and have him save him and entrust him like that and be in the middle of such a conflict at the first day of R:X's public release, it's less of a dream to think those Chrono Cores and Ayaka's disk-thing did something to Tokio and allowed him to see the future. Who knows, maybe he'll have to save Kite or something, and maybe he'll have to find those Chrono Cores on that time so he goes back to this own time and starts doing whatever he has to do for it.
Y'know, I really like this theory but it still doesn't explain:

- Why Kite can use his Twilight Bracelet again if this is an entirely different version of The World (and I'm not buying into this "It's a combination of Kite's PC and Azure Kite's PC.")
- Why Tsukasa has his Guardian again AND inside of it is a TWILIGHT BRACELET.

Some things just don't add up like I previously stated. Either this is a cross-over type storyline intertwining all the plots together (.hack//LINK anyone?) or it's a combination of me and TheSorrow's theories.
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

They could've all been Beta Testers- seriously, who would be better Beta testers of R:X than the heroes of The World? Then Fleugel and his gang could either be hackers, or other Bet Testers, or both.

As for the bracelet and Twilight Guardian, Aura is still around, even if she's only floating around the net- She, or even CC Corp, could've given those items back to Kite and Tsukasa because they were needed items.
Even if this IS the same Kite from the games, don't take everything into a literal position, it may not be the SAME Kite LITERALLY.
that... makes no sense. Unless you're saying he's just a matured Kite, which he is (c'mon,a ll these years later of course he's matured). If it is the same Kite from the first 4 games, then yes, he quite literally IS the same Kite, it's as simple as that I think =\ Unless you mean it's his PC that was taken over by an AI, which sounds kinda dumb.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

- Why Tsukasa has his Guardian again AND inside of it is a TWILIGHT BRACELET.
The Guardian was a monster from R:1. As of the bracelet, is there any proof that it IS the Twilight Bracelet inside? In Quarantine all The Guardians had a bracelet inside them, ironically stronger than The Guardian itself, but just a bracelet floating and attacking. No Data Drain or any special ability to them.
And with my theory of being this a future thing, then they would've regained their abilities as they found out how to, unlike just logging in and being able to do all that and having full knowledge of it already. Even if this is a different version of The World, it's very likely that the blackbox is still the core of The World, and the Morganna factor still exists, along with fragments of the data that existed in R:1 and R:2. This being true, Kite could've found Azure Kite's data and merged with it, something similar with Tsukasa, regaining the data he used to have in order to control The Guardian.

Of course, this is all indeed assuming The World R:X still uses the blackbox and is based on the older versions. If this isn't true and it was all a world made from scratch....well, then i have no idea what it would be since it'd be technically impossible to have the Twilight Bracelet and The Guardian there ':P It'd be like wanting to find a WoW weapon in .Hack.
They could've all been Beta Testers- seriously, who would be better Beta testers of R:X than the heroes of The World? Then Fleugel and his gang could either be hackers, or other Bet Testers, or both.
How would Kite and the others be the best beta testers for R:X? Unless there was actually some hidden purpose for R:X altogether (like another attempt of RA Plan or similar) that they needed the people who saved The World before along with their abilities they used, CC Corp could've simply used the programmers and people related to the creation to test it, so they could actually test the game and check it correctly rather than have heroes that hadn't been involved with The World in about 10 years do the work. And if they did, it would be sorta like Kite and the others would be working for CC Corp, or at least following their orders, which i just don't see coming :/
And assuming you're right, we'd be back at how quick they got their characters are spiffed up like that, and how they understand what's going on more than perfectly. It can be true and i won't deny it...but there are other theories that seem to be more logical than "they just played R:X before anyone else" :/
Revelation

Post by Revelation »

Art_Master_Gio wrote:
Even if this IS the same Kite from the games, don't take everything into a literal position, it may not be the SAME Kite LITERALLY.
that... makes no sense. Unless you're saying he's just a matured Kite, which he is (c'mon,a ll these years later of course he's matured). If it is the same Kite from the first 4 games, then yes, he quite literally IS the same Kite, it's as simple as that I think =\ Unless you mean it's his PC that was taken over by an AI, which sounds kinda dumb.
As in it may be the same Kite but not the same Kite we know (if that makes any sense). It may be a matured version of what Kite would look like years later, but going with my theory this Kite isn't real in the first place and is just a fantasy-dreamed up version of Kite.
TheSorrow wrote:
How would Kite and the others be the best beta testers for R:X? Unless there was actually some hidden purpose for R:X altogether (like another attempt of RA Plan or similar) that they needed the people who saved The World before along with their abilities they used, CC Corp could've simply used the programmers and people related to the creation to test it, so they could actually test the game and check it correctly rather than have heroes that hadn't been involved with The World in about 10 years do the work. And if they did, it would be sorta like Kite and the others would be working for CC Corp, or at least following their orders, which i just don't see coming :/
And assuming you're right, we'd be back at how quick they got their characters are spiffed up like that, and how they understand what's going on more than perfectly. It can be true and i won't deny it...but there are other theories that seem to be more logical than "they just played R:X before anyone else" :/
I agree with TheSorrow on this one. There's no way in hell that R:X has just been out for a few months only (which we've been left to assume) and within that time period there's already level 150 characters and guild formations as large as the ones we've seen. The very idea of Tsukasa (who is my favorite character in .hack if haven't noticed) signing up to be a beta tester is completely ludicrous. I've been an advent fan of Tsukasa for years and I know better than anyone that she had no reason to continue R:X and as sure as heck wouldn't accept the Guardian again. She had no desire after Unison to continuing playing as she was spending most of her life with Subaru. You expect me to believe she suddenly decided after ALL THESE YEARS (let me remind you Tsukasa is now in her LATE 20's) she decides to rejoin?
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

As in it may be the same Kite but not the same Kite we know (if that makes any sense). It may be a matured version of what Kite would look like years later, but going with my theory this Kite isn't real in the first place and is just a fantasy-dreamed up version of Kite.
That makes a bit more sense, I guess.

Listen, them being Beta testers is a lot more believable and would make a lot more fans happy than Tokio being thrust into the future. And who says that they are Level 150 already? What proof do we have other than cool abilities, like Data Drain, that Kite got when he was level 1 in IMOQ? Balmung and Orca were only Level 50/60 and were pretty bad-ass and known very well throughout The World (Proof of this was in the first and third games). Also, when testing Fragment, they got quite a few players who didn't work for CC Corp to play it (Balmung, Hokuto... Well, we can assume a lot of people who didn't work for them based on those two, since the third person we know of, Albireo, was the only one of those 3 who worked for CC Corp) because they need people who will actually be playing the game to tell them what they think of it. Those of CC Corp who do play the game usually do de-bugging stuff instead of Adventuring, and I'm pretty sure Piros's PC isn't an admin PC, it's one he created for himself to use at home or during downtime at work. Albireo is the only example of an admin who ever really went adventuring as far as we know (Balmung in LOTT didn't look like he did much adventuring, same with Kamui. The person that Kamui fired for harboring an A.I. in A.I. Buster 2 I guess was an example of an admin who went adventuring, but she really only went to see that A.I.). Also, the only reason for them to report to CC Corp would be for them to tell them what they like, what they don't like, etc. about the game. It's not like they'd be on payroll or anything, teaming up with Lios in IMOQ was a lot more like them working for CC Corp than this would be.

As for why the characters decided to sign up to be Beta Testers, or why they agreed if they were asked to join for some special reason, is unknown at this time, but they have all rown up since then- yes, Tsukasa is in her late 20's, but she probably changed alot in that time and was maybe willing then to come back, and Kite seemed to adore The World, and now that he's older he probably hasmore free time to play (in LOTT he had no time to play since he was busy with college, and he might not have found time to play till R:2 was shut down).

That's just my theory, and I happen to think it makes some sort of sense... a bit more than time travel, anyways. Well, maybe I'd just like to believe that dot hack wouldn't go as super natural as time travel =\
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Art_Master_Gio wrote: Listen, them being Beta testers is a lot more believable and would make a lot more fans happy than Tokio being thrust into the future. And who says that they are Level 150 already? What proof do we have other than cool abilities, like Data Drain, that Kite got when he was level 1 in IMOQ? Balmung and Orca were only Level 50/60 and were pretty bad-ass and known very well throughout The World (Proof of this was in the first and third games). Also, when testing Fragment, they got quite a few players who didn't work for CC Corp to play it (Balmung, Hokuto... Well, we can assume a lot of people who didn't work for them based on those two, since the third person we know of, Albireo, was the only one of those 3 who worked for CC Corp) because they need people who will actually be playing the game to tell them what they think of it. Those of CC Corp who do play the game usually do de-bugging stuff instead of Adventuring, and I'm pretty sure Piros's PC isn't an admin PC, it's one he created for himself to use at home or during downtime at work. Albireo is the only example of an admin who ever really went adventuring as far as we know (Balmung in LOTT didn't look like he did much adventuring, same with Kamui. The person that Kamui fired for harboring an A.I. in A.I. Buster 2 I guess was an example of an admin who went adventuring, but she really only went to see that A.I.). Also, the only reason for them to report to CC Corp would be for them to tell them what they like, what they don't like, etc. about the game. It's not like they'd be on payroll or anything, teaming up with Lios in IMOQ was a lot more like them working for CC Corp than this would be.

As for why the characters decided to sign up to be Beta Testers, or why they agreed if they were asked to join for some special reason, is unknown at this time, but they have all rown up since then- yes, Tsukasa is in her late 20's, but she probably changed alot in that time and was maybe willing then to come back, and Kite seemed to adore The World, and now that he's older he probably hasmore free time to play (in LOTT he had no time to play since he was busy with college, and he might not have found time to play till R:2 was shut down).

That's just my theory, and I happen to think it makes some sort of sense... a bit more than time travel, anyways. Well, maybe I'd just like to believe that dot hack wouldn't go as super natural as time travel =\
I see what you're trying to explain now, makes alot more sense when you compare it like this.
I mentioned the high-level thing mostly on Kite's Azure-like skills and Fluegel's appereance (and everyone from his guild pretty much, doesn't seems like something you'd get since the character creation screen and thanks to DD you can see he wasn't like this from the beginning), and how it was unlikely to everything come from Beta testers, who already have their guilds well-known, are very aware of some cores, and know their enemies pretty well. Could be just that Kite knew what he was doing and Fluegel did some hacking, but if it was indeed beta testing it shouldn't have gone as far in such a short time (plus it would take Fluegel and the others an amazing skill to hack an upcoming game like that). It could've all begun since beta testing, yes, but to turn like this since whevener the tests started to the release it's very unlikely and it's something CC Corp shouldn't have allowed as even some old shopkeeper obsessed with heroes would be involved in the mess.

Trust me, it's not like i wanna believe time travel either, and i still keep in mind that CC2 is mean enough to end up having the Chrono Cores related to some other "Chrono" we don't know anything about, or it's actually CHRONO and means something, we apparently have to already live with the fact that Tokio was thrown into a game he never played before to have a character simply by touching some black disk thing :/
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

True, unless they had a lot of free time I guess it wouldn't have gotten so bad...

Here's another theory, though. The reason all of this is so well known and such, is because this is the reason that R:2 was closed down, and it all started right after G.U. and just carried over to R:X. It would help to explain the sudden switch from R:2 to R:X, and it would still make us happy that there isn't any time-travel involved. Ne? Ne? Alright, sorry, just another theory. Guess we just gotta wait and see ._.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

I highly doubt at all that its a fantasy, especially with all the you know, other characters, Likt Tsukasa, and Haseo, well maybe Haseo, but Tsukasa?
Revelation wrote: For example: Why would Kite tell Tokio that he entrusted the fate of "The World" in his hands after his character data had been frozen? If this truly was a game, couldn't he have simply logged out and logged back on to find his character back to it's regular state?

Nope, for like when the game wants to keep you in a state, the GAME KEEPS YOU IN THAT STATE, WHETHER OR NOT YOU LIKE IT, there are many exapmle, some ore, why didn't the Lost ones ever log out, if it's just a game because, The world keeps them inside it^^

Revelation wrote: Flaw to this however is that there has been previous cases where a character's PC has been frozen and unable to be "repaired" foresay (Mimika). And even if this was the case he could have simply asked the administrators to fix his PC. The same could not be said with Mimika because the players behind the character were going quit soon enough anyway.

Not really, cause if they wanted then, the ADmins wouldn't keep her there for however so many years, its just when the game freezes you, YOU ARE FROZEN UNTIL THAWED
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Mimika was permanently frozen because her character's statue form was broken. As for Kite, his frozen-ness was different from Mimika's because shortly after Mimika, the status was removed from the game.

Kite's not a coma victim, as far as he knows. He can log out whenever he wants. Za Warudo doesn't trap people for no reason.

I'm personally of the opinion that Link is somehow a dream or not happening, mostly because it sucks ass. In an attempt to salvage it, I hope the story is something like, the disc Ayaka gave Tokio put him in a weird dream, and it's collecting data from his mind to make a new AI of some sort to fight Aura and AVENGE JYOTARO BWA HA HA.

But then Tokio will be like "omg u used me." and she'd collapse under the guilt because she greaterthan three's Tokio, and they make out and the AI is destroyed when Ayaka enters the delete code.

As for the dream, that'd still need to be explained. Like, I dunno, maybe Ayaka released some sort of electromagnetic wave that a certain person she needed for her plan would receive, and Tokio having the dream marked him, "The One."

...like there's not enough Matrix parallels.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

AuraTwilight wrote:Mimika was permanently frozen because her character's statue form was broken. As for Kite, his frozen-ness was different from Mimika's because shortly after Mimika, the status was removed from the game.

Kite's not a coma victim, as far as he knows. He can log out whenever he wants. Za Warudo doesn't trap people for no reason.

I'm personally of the opinion that Link is somehow a dream or not happening, mostly because it sucks ass. In an attempt to salvage it, I hope the story is something like, the disc Ayaka gave Tokio put him in a weird dream, and it's collecting data from his mind to make a new AI of some sort to fight Aura and AVENGE JYOTARO BWA HA HA.

But then Tokio will be like "omg u used me." and she'd collapse under the guilt because she greaterthan three's Tokio, and they make out and the AI is destroyed when Ayaka enters the delete code.

As for the dream, that'd still need to be explained. Like, I dunno, maybe Ayaka released some sort of electromagnetic wave that a certain person she needed for her plan would receive, and Tokio having the dream marked him, "The One."

...like there's not enough Matrix parallels.
Damn, you made it sound awesome ⌐_⌐ Stupid AT... lol but I do agree that it is a dream, but the reasons in the firstpost that i went over kinda sucked
Revelation

Post by Revelation »

Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:I highly doubt at all that its a fantasy, especially with all the you know, other characters, Likt Tsukasa, and Haseo, well maybe Haseo, but Tsukasa?

Is it becoming a fad around here to include in every theory topic that seems far fetched "I highly doubt [insert theory here]."?

"I highly doubt that Sora is Haseo because [insert reason]."
"I highly doubt that Hotaru is a boy in real life because [insert reason]."
"I highly doubt that Endrance is Elk because [insert reason]."

I'm sorry but with theories you have to remember to keep an open mind and try to be optimistic. Just because it doesn't sound likely or practical doesn't mean it does not have some truth behind it.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Revelation wrote:
Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:I highly doubt at all that its a fantasy, especially with all the you know, other characters, Likt Tsukasa, and Haseo, well maybe Haseo, but Tsukasa?

Is it becoming a fad around here to include in every theory topic that seems far fetched "I highly doubt [insert theory here]."?

I'm sorry but with theories you have to remember to keep an open mind and try to be optimistic. Just because it doesn't sound likely or practical doesn't mean it does not have some truth behind it.

those were bad examples
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

Revelation wrote:

Except everything about Sora=Haseo, Hotaru=boy and Endrance=Elk aren't far-fetched because there was solid evidence indicating such.

I find you make-up theory horribly far-fetched since you seem like you are grasping at straws.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Revelation wrote:

Wow. You've only made six posts, and five of them all involved strawmen or argumentative fallacies of some sort. If we weren't debating .hack, I'd commend you on your delicious level of deceptive asshole-ism. :D

But we ARE debating .hack, so before you compare a SUPER OFF THE WALL theory to something legitimate like "Endrance is Elk", then you make a fool of yourself. Maybe if you just stuck to "Sora is Haseo", you'd have a bit of a case, but then you had to attack a theory that no one in their right minds ever denied.

Also, nitpick: Hotaru isn't a boy, so don't sandwich it inbetween two facts. And I hope I didn't offend you, so don't go on going "omg be nice." I decided to get out the harsh lecture now while you're still forming your reputation here and save a big flame war later.
Revelation

Post by Revelation »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Revelation wrote:
Wow. You've only made six posts, and five of them all involved strawmen or argumentative fallacies of some sort. If we weren't debating .hack, I'd commend you on your delicious level of deceptive asshole-ism. :D

But we ARE debating .hack, so before you compare a SUPER OFF THE WALL theory to something legitimate like "Endrance is Elk", then you make a fool of yourself. Maybe if you just stuck to "Sora is Haseo", you'd have a bit of a case, but then you had to attack a theory that no one in their right minds ever denied.

Also, nitpick: Hotaru isn't a boy, so don't sandwich it inbetween two facts. And I hope I didn't offend you, so don't go on going "omg be nice." I decided to get out the harsh lecture now while you're still forming your reputation here and save a big flame war later.
WOAH WOAH WOAH? So you're claiming that no one denied that Endrance was Elk? Okay, I'm not going to even bother debating with you about that, all I can suggest is to look back at the past posts on the G.U. boards about all the early posts about Endrance being Elk.

Off Topic: Your personal attack on me is unneeded if you want to include something like that then take it to PM. I apologize for my behavior earlier on the other topic as I realize I should have taken it to private message :) .
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

WOAH WOAH WOAH? So you're claiming that no one denied that Endrance was Elk? Okay, I'm not going to even bother debating with you about that, all I can suggest is to look back at the past posts on the G.U. boards about all the early posts about Endrance being Elk.
I said no one IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS. IE, Idiots.

That's exactly what I mean. You twist people's words to make them seem wrong or foolish so you can look superior by attacking a strawman you built. You're not going to get any respect around here if you keep that up. It's not a personal attack or a flame. It's a piece of advice. If you don't take it, it's your own loss.
Off Topic: Your personal attack on me is unneeded if you want to include something like that then take it to PM. I apologize for my behavior earlier on the other topic as I realize I should have taken it to private message
I'm sorry, what personal attack? Did I insult you? I certainly didn't mean to, but I'm certainly pwn enough to crush people's feelings without any effort. Please tell me what you feel to be offensive or flameworthy and I'll address the issue, and, if necessary, make up for it.
Dead

Post by Dead »

tch, if theres one thing ive learned about .hack, its not to question it. just go with it and eventually you'll be all like "Woah this is really kickass!"
why should they explain themselves, its supposed to be shrouded in mystery, leaving lots of open ended questions for you to explore. its part of the fun.