.hack//Link story not reality? **Theory**

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: .hack//Link story not reality? **Theory**

Post by AuraTwilight »

Oh, sorry. I forget these things sometimes (I mean, I've read that so many times before). But anyway, it IS strange how he is physically in the game. But I would think he'd have to be, as if only his mind was there, he'd have no body.
Or be comatose, as per the usual fare.
So he can actually put himself in a video game? Dude...most......stupid....plot device...ever.
Fixed.
But back on topic, if he puts "himself" in the game, and dies. Dose he die?
He'd just respawn (VERY PAINFULLY) like Tsukasa did, I would suppose. This is, of course, assuming that Tsukasa was revived by his own power/an esoteric game mechanic, instead of him just being dead and Morganna having to actually manually reincarnate Tsukasa.
FlameSage

Post by FlameSage »

AuraTwilight wrote: He'd just respawn (VERY PAINFULLY) like Tsukasa did, I would suppose. This is, of course, assuming that Tsukasa was revived by his own power/an esoteric game mechanic, instead of him just being dead and Morganna having to actually manually reincarnate Tsukasa.
Now that I think back on it, it would seem it was by Morganna's own power, I'm trying to think of a case where a comatose victom got killed in game; Well, by looking at the original games, the closest thing we have would be... having Tsukasa a "Lost One"; because we never see Orca, Sieg, etc. running around in the world after there Data Drained. I assume Tsukasa just simply gets lost in the Network and Morganna had to piece him back together, even while he's being revived we see him.. going through some kind of acid trip, I would assume he's being regenerated from the network fragments.

EDIT:
This kind of also backs up my theory; because Tsukasa's memories were never revived with his character (Morganna wouldn't want that!) we see the memory fragments appear in IMOQ.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Now that I think back on it, it would seem it was by Morganna's own power, I'm trying to think of a case where a comatose victom got killed in game; Well, by looking at the original games, the closest thing we have would be... having Tsukasa a "Lost One"; because we never see Orca, Sieg, etc. running around in the world after there Data Drained. I assume Tsukasa just simply gets lost in the Network and Morganna had to piece him back together, even while he's being revived we see him.. going through some kind of acid trip, I would assume he's being regenerated from the network fragments.
Or much more likely (since PC death wouldn't shatter your data like that), Morganna was deliberately reaching in there and tearing out the crap she didn't want, thus his memory loss.
This kind of also backs up my theory; because Tsukasa's memories were never revived with his character (Morganna wouldn't want that!) we see the memory fragments appear in IMOQ.
Oooh! My original theory is that Za Warudo itself actually records these memories, but the idea of them being fragments of Tsukasa's is intriguing. I'll take a quick peek to see if there's anything that contradicts the theory.

Nope, doesn't work. A good deal of the .hack//Sign flashbacks don't have Tsukasa anywhere near them, so he has no business having them in his memory.
FlameSage

Post by FlameSage »

But your forgetting AT, that Morganna (both times Tsukasa died) basicly Data Drained him, he didn't die by any normal means.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Tsukasa only died once, and it was by a Guardian Data Drain, which we know doesn't REALLY do anything special.
FlameSage

Post by FlameSage »

Well, I consider Tsukasa dieing the second time when Morganna raped him in bed.
Your forgetting the whole POINT of Data Drain is to rewrite Data.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Well...the Guardian's DD is only like half a data drain. I mean...It didn't rewrite anything about Silver Knight...And I think the only reason why Tsukasa forgot is because well...Morganna wanted him/her to forget
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, I consider Tsukasa dieing the second time when Morganna raped him in bed.
You can "consider" it all you want, but it's not what happened. Tough ****, Tsukasa only died once.
Your forgetting the whole POINT of Data Drain is to rewrite Data.
Yup, and the Guardian's Data Drain rewrites the HP bar to 0.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

AuraTwilight wrote: Yup, and the Guardian's Data Drain rewrites the HP bar to 0.
lol, I'm quoting that, I don't know why I just want to v,^_^
d0tti3

Post by d0tti3 »

Well, judging by the popularity of AuraTwilight, I would say it's because of the trend. ;P

As for the data-drains... woot. I guess I'm a bit lost on what this theory is for //Link, buuut I'll give it a shot. Seems like I'll be regurgitating, but Link is definitely in motion, and although I'm great and haven't read anything on Link whatsoever, I think recorded memories of the past players stuck in The World, and some power, belonging to Aura or whoever [considering that morganna could manipulate Tsukasa's Memories], warped these memories to give the past player "ghosts" personalities. They are simply AIs, in their own special way~

I would hate for .hack people to bring back ALL the characters, same designs, same personalities, etc... because that seems like blatant fanservice.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

well assuming that jyotaro and saika truely are of relation I would have a difficult time believing CC2 has no knowledge of whatever might be happening in R:X. after all, they certainly played a large role in the other revisions of The World.