Do you think. . .?

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Shikuza_Ame

Do you think. . .?

Post by Shikuza_Ame »

I was pretty amazed by the fact that a new .Hack series has been developed. (.Hack//Link) I also read most of what I could find about the manga, details, info, characters and such.

Afterwards I began to wonder: I think everyone noticed the fact that most of the characters in the manga are a bit "degraded" I guess. Most of the characters have either very few details in their design or, just look like some comicbook villan dude like Fluegel. :3 For a moment I thought this might have been the artist's style for the manga, but then I realized something else--having to do with the fact that R:X is a handheld version of the game. . .?

Do you think the reason most of the characters in the manga that are somewhat less detailed than before could very well be because the story takes place in a handheld version of the game? Being a handheld extension of [The World] I would assume not alot of the game's details can be fully seen in the game; thus the characters are forced to look plain and simple.

Sorry if I'm suddenly not making any sense, but to those of you who understand what I am saying--what are your opinions on my realization?

((I also understand that many might have already thought about this at one time or another.)) :#
Jakal Of Twilight

Re: Do you think. . .?

Post by Jakal Of Twilight »

I can see what you're talking about, in R:1, they were ok with the details, and in R:2, WOW! So im guessing since it is the year 2020, the graphics would look really good, yet in the pictures we've seen, the kinda dont look all that...detailed...
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

i think the detail has to do with the fact that their characters have lost all their special abilities, because haseo looks the same as he did in vol. 1 =/...
Shikuza_Ame

Post by Shikuza_Ame »

nobodyknows wrote:i think the detail has to do with the fact that their characters have lost all their special abilities, because haseo looks the same as he did in vol. 1 =/...
Well theres that too. But I still think I'm a little correct in my observation.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

i never said you were wrong.. i'm just making a point of information =/...

edit: i'm wrong about one thing. kite does have his bracelet. it's proved in //LINK chapter 3...
Shikuza_Ame

Post by Shikuza_Ame »

Sorry, If I seemed a little too direct in my last post. And I know that I can be wrong about my observations as well.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Maybe it's the mangaka style to focus less on details and more on plot presentation as a whole?

As long as the lead character (in this case, Tokio, NOT Kite, Tsukasa or Haseo) doesn't look like he could pass for an unimportant NPC, I'm good.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

One thing you have to keep is mind is IMOQ and G.U. were GAMES. LINK is just a manga, which is mostly hand-drawn. You can't really compare the two graphics-wise.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

i can see where that's coming from =/...
Shikuza_Ame

Post by Shikuza_Ame »

.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:One thing you have to keep is mind is IMOQ and G.U. were GAMES. LINK is just a manga, which is mostly hand-drawn. You can't really compare the two graphics-wise.
I had taken that fact into consideration earlier, and I still am. I guess everything in pointing towards the idea that the "degraded" character designs is just the result of the artist's drawing style.

Not that I mind much about the whole thing, I just expected a little more detail on the characters than what was seen.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Regarding a little about looks and all....Does Tokio actually has a character class when he entered into R:X? Or else this means that eventually he might get a class with new looks?
Jakal Of Twilight

TheSorrow wrote:Regarding a little about looks and all....Does Tokio actually has a character class when he entered into R:X? Or else this means that eventually he might get a class with new looks?

Well from a picture, he might be a twin blade, and I think it s a thing with main characters (with the exception of Tsukasa) to be Twin Blades.
Kite, Shugo, and Haseo
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

from the pictures i've seen i think he's actually gonna be a blademaster =]...
Jakal Of Twilight

Could be
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

Yeah, I have to agree there with you. Twinblades are cool, but....I just hope that the main character is SOMETHING besides a twinblade.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

both kite AND haseo used twinblades.. so i think that clarifies thyat tokio may be a new kind of blademaster class =/?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

What if he ends up using any kind of weapon? Sorta like Haseo but being an unique ability of him rather than a class that lets him use certain different weapons :/ He's looked at more like a blademaster because of his "hero dreams"...but once again, i don't think he actually got a 'true' class when he entered into R:X...he simply entered, and that's it XP
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

look at this pictre from .hack//wiki

the sword in the center of the logo is a blademaster's weapon =/...
Jakal Of Twilight

nobodyknows wrote:look at this pictre from .hack//wiki

Doesn't necessarily mean it's his.
Shikuza_Ame

Post by Shikuza_Ame »

Jakal Of Twilight wrote:
nobodyknows wrote:look at this pictre from .hack//wiki

Doesn't necessarily mean it's his.
I sorta thought the sword in the title symbolized the trio's fight against the evil organization. (Trio: Tsukasa, Kite, and Haseo) and also Tokio. Furthermore I also considered the fact that the sword itself might be an actual weapon with some importance.