Whats this about? (.hack//link)

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Lukar82394
Location: Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground (Hulle Granz Cathedral)

Re: Whats this about? (.hack//link)

Post by Lukar82394 »

Art_Master_Gio wrote:
nobodyknows wrote:it would be great if it turned up to be half like .hack//LIMINALITY, and half like .hack//G.U., IMOQ. that's my theory on them making the two worlds collide to form something new and unexpected =D!!!

That'd rawk =D

Maybe they'd do the human world interaction part like a visual novel.
Yeah, visual novel games like Phoenix Wright are awesome. Like you said, they could do the human parts in a VN-like way, while in The World, it could be how you'd expect it to be.
Tr@15

Post by Tr@15 »

pi has a kid?
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

Tr@15 wrote:pi has a kid?
She doesn't- people were just trying to guess who Ayaka Amagi was and were saying that Pi could be her mother (and Kuhn was the father), which wouldn't be possible unless she adopted.

At least I think that's what it was. It sounded weird so I kind of ignored most of the talk about it >__>
Cruor

Post by Cruor »

If they make a game about the characters that are going to be in this manga do you honestly know do many people will complain on who they wanna be? Some will wanna be Kite some will wanna be Haseo some may wanna be Tsukasa and for whoever tho unlikely wants to be that weird new guy Tokio then they would wanna be him. So the only way I can see a possible answer to this problem is something a Final Fantasy XII battle system with JUST the part to switch character.

Of course this solution may bring flames from Final Fantasy fans....

And about the Anime usually comes before the game that is because the Anime shows the origins of the problem while the game corrects the problem like Sign when Crim says to Bear there gonna leave the problem to someone else due to there lack of power all they could do was awaken Aura for whoever comes next which in this case was Orca-Kite, Orca was supposed to get the Twilight Bracelet but Skeith got him so Kite got it who was training with Orca.
And Roots it shows Shino getting Data Drained and getting comatose in like episode 13 or something. But shows us the rest of the Twilight Brigade and the original Forest of Pain quest and Taihaku's old friendship with Phyllo and tells us who Phyllo was. And the game G.U. was about Haseo waking up the Comatose victims.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Cruor wrote:If they make a game about the characters that are going to be in this manga do you honestly know do many people will complain on who they wanna be? Some will wanna be Kite some will wanna be Haseo some may wanna be Tsukasa and for whoever tho unlikely wants to be that weird new guy Tokio then they would wanna be him. So the only way I can see a possible answer to this problem is something a Final Fantasy XII battle system with JUST the part to switch character.

Of course this solution may bring flames from Final Fantasy fans....

And about the Anime usually comes before the game that is because the Anime shows the origins of the problem while the game corrects the problem like Sign when Crim says to Bear there gonna leave the problem to someone else due to there lack of power all they could do was awaken Aura for whoever comes next which in this case was Orca-Kite, Orca was supposed to get the Twilight Bracelet but Skeith got him so Kite got it who was training with Orca.
And Roots it shows Shino getting Data Drained and getting comatose in like episode 13 or something. But shows us the rest of the Twilight Brigade and the original Forest of Pain quest and Taihaku's old friendship with Phyllo and tells us who Phyllo was. And the game G.U. was about Haseo waking up the Comatose victims.
They could make it so you could choose which person you want to be at the beginning, but I doubt they'd do that, but maybe...

It'd be tough this time around for them to use the anime to explore the problem origins (ingame anyways >_>) cuz didnt RX just open at the beginning of Link? They could focus on internal CC Corp stuff that led to R2 getting axed and then the production of RX. I wonder how many would be interested in watching that tho. I would like to know how Kite got the knights together so quickly against Freugal's gang so quick, not to mention how they found out about Chrono cores, when the game had just started. Maybe all players were given an email with all the details. That would be kinda lame tho, since that would make this all one big CC event (or Aura testrun).

I would say it makes more sense to me if they made the Comic to start things off, then we move onto the games, where stuff starts to hit the fan, then the anime, which would be the aftermath. Maybe the result of the conflict in the comic directly or indirectly influences what happens in the game, like maybe Kite's knights fail to keep Freugal's crew from the chrono cores. Enter a warped Za Warudo in the games, where you end up pulling cleanup duty for Tokio, if we're not still him. I also wonder if Aura's gonna wake up again and if she's changed. Last time, she seemed kinda detached, tho in her defense, her being chased by the phases made her more involved storywise. What if those records Fleugal's group are after allow them to either find Aura or give them access to the blackbox.

I'd like to see if they could approach the story from a different perspective again (IMOQ-more focused on the condition of Za Warudo and the events that shaped it, while GU-more personal take, focusing on Haseo's development in Za Warudo.
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

any news? is the new chapter out in japan?
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

checking.. checking.. my resources are down due to the fact that i'm otherwise preoccupied =P. I leave gathering the english translated info in your capable hands ^^...
Annwyn

Post by Annwyn »

EEEEEEE.

I missed you, Tsukasa! And to think, I used to hate you!

I hope Subaru comes back...somehow. Even though it's implausible. Oh, I hope, I hope!

I get the funny feeling that Kite and Tsukasa are only AI's... Bah, what do I know. I hope the story resembles .hack//sign more than .hack//GU, at least in pacing, oh I hope I hope I hope... Orgel and Metronome look so cool! *explodes*

But, it's funny...does anyone besides me feel like .hack Conglomerate is milking their stuff for all its worth and they should have stopped at GU? I don't know, it just feels a bit tired to me. I guess I have mixed feelings.

And yes. This is really the first I've heard of this .hack//link, so I'm way behind all of you. >_>
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

We don't even know what LINK's plot is really about, so i think it's too early to say that, even if we did get a Digimon-like plot for a starter.
I personally think it would've been too early if it finished with GU; they still had to explain what was gonna happen with the Avatars and the good AIDA, which i hope they explain sometime (along with what happened to R:2). I'm still expecting more from .Hack, though after LINK and it's anime and games and other mangas maybe, depending of the conclusion this time, i guess it should come to an end. Hopefully before the next series are about playing a MMO game on some motorbikes >-> lol
Cruor

Post by Cruor »

I recently heard that a company designed a headset that read brainwaves to play a game like you could think about picking up a car and in the game you actually pick up a car and then you imagining to throw it and you throw it at a wall or something
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3485918.stm
Imagine if cc2 could figure out how to make this we would have m2d's and be playing a real 'The World' lol or atleast control the game with our mind
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Cruor wrote:atleast control the game with our mind
Do that backwards and you'll really have the real The World where you can actually feel pain and be unable to control your own physical body and even continue 'playing' regardless of wether you're in front of the computer/console or in a hospital bed :P
I can see it happen in a close future, just not with .Hack first (most likely very important franchises with lots of money and able to give a good use on the technology...first thing that comes to my mind is Blizzard with WoW since it'd have to be a computer game as a starter), and once that happens and it gets out of control a new whole era of gaming shall be created xD
Cruor

Post by Cruor »

TheSorrow wrote:
Cruor wrote:atleast control the game with our mind
Do that backwards and you'll really have the real The World where you can actually feel pain and be unable to control your own physical body and even continue 'playing' regardless of wether you're in front of the computer/console or in a hospital bed :P
I can see it happen in a close future, just not with .Hack first (most likely very important franchises with lots of money and able to give a good use on the technology...first thing that comes to my mind is Blizzard with WoW since it'd have to be a computer game as a starter), and once that happens and it gets out of control a new whole era of gaming shall be created xD
Yea if Blizzard got there hands on this first this would cause nearly all games in future to be made with headsets that uses brainwaves for controls just the big names in companies like Square Enix, Blizzard, Microsoft, Sony, EA Games, and whatever else you could think of those were just off the top of my head I thought of in about a second, would cause nearly most future games to be made with these things but the combat system will be completely awesome if you coulds do moves you only see in the cut scenes but this will like triple the work for all game designers/programmers

After imagineing various games like this I am currently imagining Devil May Cry and Kingdom Hearts wow *imagines the Birth by Sleep and Deep Dive of Kingdom Hearts I/II combat sequence in actual gameplay*

And another thing Final Fantasy XIII versus controlling the swords to guard you like he did lol then taking the one you want to fight that would be awesome walking through a barrage of bullets using a group of weapons to block then when you get to the troops you pick a weapon and fight

so many possibilities lol
Dead

Post by Dead »

Art_Master_Gio wrote:
nobodyknows wrote:it would be great if it turned up to be half like .hack//LIMINALITY, and half like .hack//G.U., IMOQ. that's my theory on them making the two worlds collide to form something new and unexpected =D!!!

That'd rawk =D

maybe they're trying to really give birth to an AI, not like the first time where Aura was a godess of the Digital world and just that alone, if she was to be truly autonomous, to bring the outside that harald brought inside back to the outside, Maybe they Want a Physical body to sort of encase her and ensure that she couldnt dissappear again? heh, Metropolis anyone?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Dead wrote:
Art_Master_Gio wrote:

That'd rawk =D

maybe they're trying to really give birth to an AI, not like the first time where Aura was a godess of the Digital world and just that alone, if she was to be truly autonomous, to bring the outside that harald brought inside back to the outside, Maybe they Want a Physical body to sort of encase her and ensure that she couldnt dissappear again? heh, Metropolis anyone?
I think you misunderstand. Aura wasn't "just a goddess and just that alone." She's perfectly human, like you and me, with free will, all the emotions, and a humanoid personality. She serves the role of goddess because she chose to, and she disappeared because she wanted to. She's as autonomous as it comes. Besides, being uploaded into a physical body would only be a limitation, if anything, and either way would be undermining what Harald wanted.
Dead

Post by Dead »

true, but the world is far from under haralds supervision, The execs at cc corp want to resolve the situation right? im just saying i wouldnt put it past them to try such a thing.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, with the defeat of the AIDA, the problem is solved. They're the ones that caused it. Aura's management of the internet was to prevent the birth of the AIDA, but when she left and let humans decide their own fate, the AIDA were born and started causing errors. Now, the bad AIDA have been destroyed and the uncorrupted ones are integrated into Za Warudo like the Vagrant AI's are, and so are no longer a problem to the internet. Aura no longer needs to return or be replaced.
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

Didn't the RA Plan take place before the AIDA showed up? I thought CC Corp wanted complete control of the network or some other foolish thing like that. In any case, even though the AIDA are gone I don't think that's going to stop any future vagrant form of artifical life from coming to life. I think the RA Plan or something similar will take place in the future, but in a different form.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, the AIDA were born years before the GU accident almost immediately after Aura vanished, as they evolved out of the errors that arose from her disappearance. Her super godlike management of the network was to prevent those errors so the AIDA could never appear.

Yea, sure, CC want full control over the network and stuff, but since the problem that caused this was resolved and the steps taken to achieve the RA Plan are balls-hard and take up resources and mess things up and get them sued by 80 different firms, I think they'll wait for another incident so they'll have a good excuse.

I suppose another form of AI can evolve to muck things up, but they'd simply be more AIDA, technically, and the good AIDA seem like they're going to manage the network in Aura's place to prevent disaster, but not to the point Aura did so as to placate humanity.
Kryuzei
Location: The sixth dimension; those who alter the reality itself to make the world came true.

Post by Kryuzei »

A bit of question about this manga. . .
In what magazine does this manga is released ?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Kryuzei wrote:A bit of question about this manga. . .
In what magazine does this manga is released ?
In KeroKero Ace, though a "bonus chapter" is included in the .hack//TRILOGY NewWorldGuide magazine I mention on the front page.