Whats this about? (.hack//link)

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

k-su

Re: Whats this about? (.hack//link)

Post by k-su »

Something I was thinking of this past week [potential plot idea for a new .hack, not necessarily this one, tho]

What if we had someone who was unwilling to accept his own truth, his own Key of Twilight as opposed to people who sought out the key (Harold->Aura/Ovan->Haseo)? The rejection of the key could cause the key to negatively manifest, which would probably cause some major trouble for Za Warudo. The only force capable of having even a chance of standing against the key's power is the anti-existence, which is the key's equalizer, in some regards.

(what is this truth that the guy is unwilling to accept? how does the key manifest? if he doesnt have it and its not autonomous, who has the key? what are the effects of this warped key? Will the guy be able to accept the truth he's running away from? Would the key be capable of rejecting him? would aura intervene, should the conflict between the key and the anti-existence get out of control?)

1. Since each series sheds new light on the key of the twilight among other things, this could deliver even more on the key.
2. This could be Cubia's first WIN!! WOOO!!! (preferably a PC or AI, not big ugly monster)

Anyways, curious as to what people think of that idea. Also curious to know if there are any new developments with LINK?
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

when this manga will be out in japan? someone knows it?
Tadashi

Post by Tadashi »

|kenji| wrote:when this manga will be out in japan? someone knows it?
The Manga's already running. For a tankoubon release date, I don't think it was already announced.
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

k-su wrote:Something I was thinking of this past week [potential plot idea for a new .hack, not necessarily this one, tho]

What if we had someone who was unwilling to accept his own truth, his own Key of Twilight as opposed to people who sought out the key (Harold->Aura/Ovan->Haseo)? The rejection of the key could cause the key to negatively manifest, which would probably cause some major trouble for Za Warudo. The only force capable of having even a chance of standing against the key's power is the anti-existence, which is the key's equalizer, in some regards.

(what is this truth that the guy is unwilling to accept? how does the key manifest? if he doesnt have it and its not autonomous, who has the key? what are the effects of this warped key? Will the guy be able to accept the truth he's running away from? Would the key be capable of rejecting him? would aura intervene, should the conflict between the key and the anti-existence get out of control?)

1. Since each series sheds new light on the key of the twilight among other things, this could deliver even more on the key.
2. This could be Cubia's first WIN!! WOOO!!! (preferably a PC or AI, not big ugly monster)

Anyways, curious as to what people think of that idea. Also curious to know if there are any new developments with LINK?

That, good sir, is an awesome idea!
Dark Knight Sparda

Post by Dark Knight Sparda »

hey now that R2 is Rx what happend to yhe 8 phases/Avatars, i guess they whent back to the dark abyss were they were found by project GU, also since it seems that Haseo is coming back maybe Skeith will too, also about thet thing about Jyotaro Amagi disk, i cant stop thinking that his dummy Avatar has something to do with this.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Why does the R:2 sever just shut down the next year?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That's a good question, and one I hope they answer. Judging by the date on the R:X disc, though, maybe it wasn't Amagi this time. Or at least this time he cleaned up after himself in a manner that didn't involve arson.

As for Amagi's fate, it may have been exaggerated by Jun. This hasn't been confirmed outright yet so it isn't on the Wiki, but in G.U.+ he:
 Returns as the PC "Kazumi," and resumes control of G.U. after Ovan destroys the AIDA. He takes Skeith (Data Draining Haseo with the only non-bracelet DD to date), and proceeds to become a "god" of The World, attempting to bring back Aura.This, of course, casts a shadow unlike anything seen in the main storyline, so you can probably guess what happens next.

Similarly, it's possible that in the main storyline R:X might be some sort of new direction on his obsession, possibly devoid of any of Harald's code.

Age-wise Ayaka has to be Amagi's sister, not daughter, if she actually is in his immediate family. "Fluegel", Kite's enemy, is probably a player, and almost certainly isn't Cubia. I wouldn't think that he's Amagi, though both he and Kazumi have an obscured right eye. The girl with him? Again, seems like a new character. I'd assume they're part of a team that fights the "Twilight Knights" for some reason.

The version of "The World" that Tokio is sent to seems to be notable in that there are no normal players around. If it can only be accessed using the original disc though, maybe Kite and Fluegel are AIs or something, or used the disc before he got it... No idea, really. Hopefully they'll explain more in chapter 2, which is out now and I'll hopefully be getting soon.
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

wait a sec, sorry for the maybe noob question, but did you get the first volume of the manga?

i just visited the CC2 official site, and they made the official site of Link http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link/index.html with many new contents
i red you post and i still don't understand almost anything XD i need to read again something about amagi one of these days @_@
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I read the first chapter, in the magazine Kerokero Ace. The first "volume" would be a compilation of the first bunch of chapters plus some bonus material, and probably isn't going to be out until after those chapters are serialized.

Part of the new site content is a discussion between Tokio and the Nizato Shop Keeper (character dialogues are common on the CC2 site), which partly recaps the events of chapter 1 and functions as sort of an ad for the series. They also added a glossary of terms (not much new information, but I added it to the Wiki), and a BBS, as they do for like everything they make. Nice to see they're going to give it the usual 200% treatment on their own website, gives hope that this actually will be a big thing.
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

i'm sorry, i wrote the wrong word, i wanted to say chapters not volumes xD
anyway i see, thanks for explaining all those stuffs, i'll follow all on wiki
Starman

Post by Starman »

I apologize if I am reviving an inactive thread, but for people not checking the wiki, I thought there might be some information worth noting.

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:LINK
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Kite_%28LINK%29
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Kite_%28LINK%29
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Shopkeeper
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Ayaka_Amagi
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Fluegel
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Cello

Some of it might already be in this thread, I don't remember. Some of these are discussions. There's also this link, apparently a Japanese .hack//link wiki.

http://wiki.livedoor.jp/hacklink/d/FrontPage

The information in it seems fairly accurate, considering that the chapter one summary appears to match up with how Kuukai described it. Of course, as Shinsou notes, context may not be right and information may not be totally accurate. Something to be taken at an arm's length, I guess.
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

OMG!! just a question! when chapter 2 will be out?? ;____________;
i want it >___________________________________<
fepkk

Post by fepkk »

|kenji| wrote:OMG!! just a question! when chapter 2 will be out?? ;____________;
i want it >___________________________________<
OMG for sure!!!!!!!!Amazing and also almost a dream. If the chapter 2 comes out, i would like to know too.
d5t

Post by d5t »

FYI DO NOT LINK TO SCANLATIONS. Next person who does will be banned.
Hamiko

Post by Hamiko »

d5t ~_~
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

What? It's illegal. Why do you want the creators to hate our site?

In other news, you can read about some new stuff on the .hack//WIKI.
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

thanks for the news kuukai :D the story is finally taking form and it sound really interesting.. this "chrono core" and the organization and the twilight knights (omg tsukasa °__°) is great **
twinblader

Post by twinblader »

gaaaaaah!

cant see the picture!

I have heard before that kite and haseo are the main characters but I don't think that is true could anyone tell me?
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

twinblader wrote:gaaaaaah!

cant see the picture!

I have heard before that kite and haseo are the main characters but I don't think that is true could anyone tell me?
They're not the main characters (Tokio is) but they will have an important role on the story
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Haseo hasn't even appeared yet. Just Tsukasa and Kite, in terms of returning characters.