Whats this about? (.hack//link)

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

ptolemy66t

Whats this about? (.hack//link)

Post by ptolemy66t »

http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link/index.html

i'm a bit confused because of the new face in there
Last edited by ptolemy66t on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ratsu

Re: Whats this about?

Post by Ratsu »

O_O what....is this?

Edit: I used my alta vista translater on the 3 lines oftex above the monga part.
Comic magazine "ケロケロエース Vol.1" of October 26th foundation being similar, hack//XXXX (ドットハックイクスフォス) with well-known, the serial cartoon of house glasses Mr. happy Hisashi ' hack//LINK horseman group of dusk ' we started.
"hack//G.U. "From age, furthermore 2020 3 years elapse. Net game "The of new ヴァージョン World R: In the stage, the complete original story is developed X ".
Also only the fan from the old work they are the contents which can enjoy even with, new person. By all means viewing! !
ptolemy66t

Post by ptolemy66t »

i was just roaming the website because i was bored and then i found that link
The Key of Dawn

Post by The Key of Dawn »

I can't speak or read Japanese, so I could not tell you.
shio

Post by shio »

wow.....this is...wow ._.;;
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

I just saw that when browsing CC2's website, it's a new manga series by the looks of it which links the //IMOQ and //GU series together. Did anyone notice how Kite has Azure Flame Kite's sign on his hat?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's a new .hack saga, taking place in 2020 in both the real world and The World R:X. The main character is Tokio Kowloon (last name spelling tentative), a game-loving middle school student who has a normal life until Ayaka Amagi (first name spelling tentative), a mysterious girl, transfers into his class. The website vaguely implies that Kite and Haseo might come back, but it might just be promotional hyperbole...

And yes, that's Amagi, spelled exactly the same as a certain insane scientist...
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Did anyone else notice the fact that you can click on the picture of Kite and BlackRose?
The Key of Dawn

Yeah you’re right. When I did it, some Japanese script showed up on my screen. Some one who can translate it post what it means, please.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I noticed it when I first saw the site, but there's not much to get out of it:

Good morning, Kite.
Your courage is needed again.

Good morning, Haseo.
Start your journey once more.
Your fury is needed again.

Good morning, Tokio.

Your story is finally about to begin.
It's okay if you still don't understand.
But, it seems like "they" have already set out?

You too, start here.
Now is the time that your power is needed.

".hack//LINK" -The Third Revelation-
CyberConnect2 Hiroshi Matsuyama & (Someone - I forget the name and can't look it up from this computer but I think it's one of the staff involved in Trilogy. It's not the mangaka, Megane Kikuya)
LegendaryDarkKnight
Mediocre Madness
Mediocre Madness

Post by LegendaryDarkKnight »

Kuukai wrote:I noticed it when I first saw the site, but there's not much to get out of it:

Good morning, Kite.

Good morning, Haseo.

Good morning, Tokio.

You too, start here.

CyberConnect2 Hiroshi Matsuyama & (Someone - I forget the name and can't look it up from this computer but I think it's one of the staff involved in Trilogy. It's not the mangaka, Megane Kikuya)
F'in A man.
That sounds epic as hell.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well, until they explicitly say "OMG HASEO AND KITE ARE IN THIS" I'm just passing it off as hyperbole... Kite would be like 24... And Haseo would be 20...
The Key of Dawn

Kuukai wrote:I noticed it when I first saw the site, but there's not much to get out of it:

Good morning, Kite.

Good morning, Haseo.

Good morning, Tokio.

You too, start here.

Thank you for posting the translation. It’s good to know that the script says, now I need to decipher how exactly to interpret it
TsukasaElkKite

Post by TsukasaElkKite »

Is anyone going to scanlate this when it comes out?
d5t

Post by d5t »

TsukasaElkKite wrote:Is anyone going to scanlate this when it comes out?
You'lll get banned if you ask that again here. Please read the rules!
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I have no doubt it'll be scanlated by someone, but you'll have to find it yourself due to this board's rules.

Speaking of, I AM looking forward to this. I just hope this doesn't end up being some crappy regurgitated drivvel like GnU or Udeden's anime version. I have this weird vibe it might not be canon though, so it might not matter in the end. Which might be a shame, since the Amagi girl strikes me as fascinating. The protagonist puts a pit in my stomach so far, though.

Also, this'll be pwn if Haseo and Kite do return, and I'm interested in Kite's slightly altered PC.
d5t

Post by d5t »

AuraTwilight wrote:I have no doubt it'll be scanlated by someone, but you'll have to find it yourself due to this board's rules.

Speaking of, I AM looking forward to this. I just hope this doesn't end up being some crappy regurgitated drivvel like GnU or Udeden's anime version. I have this weird vibe it might not be canon though, so it might not matter in the end. Which might be a shame, since the Amagi girl strikes me as fascinating. The protagonist puts a pit in my stomach so far, though.

Also, this'll be pwn if Haseo and Kite do return, and I'm interested in Kite's slightly altered PC.
//Link is getting the CC2 publicity that GnU and other spin-offs didn't; so I think its safe to assume it'll be somewhat decent quality.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Yeah, I think it'll be intersting to see how 3 yrs has changed Haseo and 10 yrs changed Kite and what he's been up to (aside from being stalked by Natsume according to Piros lawl). Plus, I'm curious as to how Kite retrieves his avatar again after 2 versions of Za warudo have passed. Maybe Aura sends him an email or something with his character's data inside or somthing. Also how would characters from Za Warudo and Za Warudo R2 make be able to interact in RX? Under normal circumstances I'd think that just as the R1 chars werent able to be carried over to R2, the same would apply to both priors in regard to RX, but then again there's no telling how they will recreate this new World.

I'd be really interested to see if we would run into other characters from those series also. Then we form the super team...full of l33t Hackers Full of WIN!!!

Also another question comes to mind: Is it possible for multiple Key of the Twilight's (Kite's bracelet, Haseo) to exist in the same instance? Could it be like,"well, Kite's bracelet is R1's KoT and haseo is R2's KoT (wait be then wasnt Aura also a KoT, too?)
Could it be that after they each fulfill their role in time as a KoT, then they cease being the KoT and pass on the said role to the next, which would leave the priors as...well I dont have a term for it, but they still have all the same powers, but the title isnt with it anymore?
I hope that made sense.

I think such a thing could affect not only this story (though this one moreso IMHO) but out .hacks. I wonder if such a thing will ever be explained or if it even needs explaining, but it is an interesting concept to me anyways.
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

the world: RX.... huh? did CC Corp make another version of the world.. certainly R1 and R2 are linked, but i have no idea what the siginifigance of RX would mean for the world, especially when we don't yet know any particular reason why it came to be. this is interesting indeed.

i agree with the d5t about the publicity given by CC2. The art work done on Haseo and Kite are very new. The expressions on their faces seem serious in nature. i'm still undecided on whether or not thier being on the promotion is simply a hyperbole like Kuukai said or if there will be more concrete links. That poem is certainly suggesting Haseo and Kite are involved and the title .hack//Link also could support that.

So that could imply there is a link between Kite, Haseo, and this new character, Tokio. I think this is beating around at the obvious but that mysterious girl Tokio meets is looks to be related to Jyotaro Amagi; of course thats going from the name only. As far as the actual speculation as to the nature of .hack//Link, I was thinking that this girl could possibly be Jyotaro's daughter and she 'knows whatever happened to him has something to do with "the world" so thats why she logs in'. Then we have Tokio, this game loving middle school student who finds himself playing an mmorpg, 'the world'. thats the best i could give out from analyzing the information we have so far.

I'm not sure if I like the new character design for Tokio or not. He reminds me of a digimon character. Or maybe we think of the .hack universe differently because many of us are getting older... i'm 22 by the way -_- so i'm not old! :D

edit: From what we learned from Redemption, The Key of Twilight is 'a sign of truth'. A single truth that exists. The ultimate truth that one searches for; the existence for embodies a persons entire drive and reason. As was in the case of Ovan. He was looking for death that only a fully awakened and powered Haseo/Skeith could deliver to him, so that he could use Corbenik's Rebirth ability. Ovan was looking for Haseo, the key of twilight. Haseo was the key of twilight. The key to everything; salvation or destruction. Salvation if Haseo grew up enough and stayed to fight until the end or destruction if Haseo had failed in his journey or had he run away. That was also the reason for Ovan's e-mail 'Choices' from the beginning of G.U. Rebith. Coincedentally, these series of events resulted in what could be seen as a more physical manifestation of the key of the twilight when Haseo assumes his X-Form and also having devoured and obtained the powers of all eight avatars. Not to mention being able to awaken the sleeping girl Aura in the cathedral; utilizing Eina as a vessel and the actual book of twilight she carried with her. Also the fact that Aura did not want to be an image worshipped by people; so she resigned herself as being god. That is my interpretation, take it how you will.
ptolemy66t

Post by ptolemy66t »

maybe that girl is Pi's daughter and she told her about amagi and kite , haseo , ah we wont know till it releases or someone leaks info