Innis the Mirage of Deceit

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Innis the Mirage of Deceit

Post by Cless »

Does anyone have any tips. I have been preparing to fight him but I'm still collecting a couple of items before I go fight him.
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

This fight really isn't difficult at all. Just remember to heal when necessary.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

I'll keep that in mind. Thank you milliennium_fox. Will "Hangman" or "The Moon" work on him because he can teleport to escape taking damage from my attacks.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Innis is Magic Tolerant, I don't think any scrolls would work on it...a Wavemaster would only be useful for healing, I didn't use one myself.

But its not too hard, I went into the dungeon expecting a normal Data Bug, until I saw it, but I still managed to win.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

I was informed that "The Hangman" or the "The Moon" was something to bring. Is there anything I can do about Innis teleporting to escape being damaged?
tidalwave

Post by tidalwave »

Innis wasnt that hard with the right party members
The Partisan
Location: Where fantasy meets reality, and technology is caught in between.

Post by The Partisan »

Compared to the nightmare that Skeith was, Innis is a pushover!

Bring a Wavemaster with you (Elk or Mistral) and set them to Heal the whole battle. Make sure they have something strong like Ol or Ola Repth as well as Rip Sync to cure any status abnormalities. Then just get in there and wail on him! Use a Staccatto-esque attack to hit him multiple times. Works like a charm :wink: ! Just keep glancing at your HP and use a potion when needed.

Trust me. Innis has to be the easiest of the Phases.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Innis was so easy. Don't worry about preparation, I beat it on my first try and I didn't even know there was gonna be a phase.

~Zak
OblivionKnight

Post by OblivionKnight »

The Partisan wrote:Compared to the nightmare that Skeith was, Innis is a pushover!

Bring a Wavemaster with you (Elk or Mistral) and set them to Heal the whole battle. Make sure they have something strong like Ol or Ola Repth as well as Rip Sync to cure any status abnormalities. Then just get in there and wail on him! Use a Staccatto-esque attack to hit him multiple times. Works like a charm :wink: ! Just keep glancing at your HP and use a potion when needed.

exactly, u took tehy words rite out of my mouth. :)
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

i agree with everyone ethe only yhing that can really hurt is if your at a low lvl and he uses his "signature" moves. my party was blackrose and mistral. i beat him in about 15-20 minutes.
Hidden Blade

Post by Hidden Blade »

carry a dozen or so resurrects, a few antidotes and healing items, about 30 mages souls and a wavemaster to heal into the battle, and your good. simple.
kite27

Post by kite27 »

ok ok try this take as many ressurections, healing potions as you feel comfortable with. and take about 30 mages souls.
then when you fight him attack from its side where you can bearly see it just a thin line since its flat. when i attacked from its side i was never hit except from its slam attack thing and while you attack set your party to "first aid" wavemaster or not, thats why you need a lot of mages souls. when i fought him like this i protect broke it in like 6-7 minutes and after dding it i finished it of in another 3-4 minutes
not to long to defeat him
The unknown twin blade

Post by The unknown twin blade »

Set off Blackrose to Skills and attack Innis. Depending on your third character's class, either have them attack or back-up. Innis is immune to magic attacks, so if you brought a Wavemaster, have them set onto First Aid. Kite should perform both tasks in backing up Blackrose and your third ally. Innis also has the ability to use Data Drain on one of your three characters. Use antidotes and remedies to cure the sickened and then keep hacking at Innis. As soon as possible, Data Drain Innis. It's a real drain on your resources. Other than that, Innis is not much of a problem.
ULFRIC

Post by ULFRIC »

If u bring
I think its mages blood?
The one that lowers Magical Defence
u kan cancel Innis magical immunity
then the hangman and moon charm work
thats how i did it
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

It took me a while to take him down. I cursed most of the time because his attacks were really powerful. Good thing I collect the rare healing items before I fought him.
Hidden Blade

Post by Hidden Blade »

The Partisan wrote:Compared to the nightmare that Skeith was, Innis is a pushover!

-Agreed. but make sure that they have something to cast Rip Maen with, as well as a few dozen resurrects and (I'm not sure if they will use it) a few Mage's and Artisan's Souls.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

I didn't use those I collected 90 Healing potions and divided them eveningly amongst my team.

I also used Noble Wine, Healing Exlire, Divine Cross, Hale Cross, Emporer's Soul.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Not a bad plan but I stuck with using the good healing items in the game.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

it's rather funny

after you beat skieth in the first game it seems like the rest are pushover's compared to him. they can still kill you but it's alot easier once you beat the first one

and cubia is easier than the rest of the phases by far! just kill the healer and he's a dead man.i alway's beat him on my first try.

legal note: i have yet to finish the fourth game at time of post. i could end up eating my own words for this.
Dot-Hack-Rocks

Post by Dot-Hack-Rocks »

SnowManZero wrote:it's rather funny

after you beat skieth in the first game it seems like the rest are pushover's compared to him. they can still kill you but it's alot easier once you beat the first one

and cubia is easier than the rest of the phases by far! just kill the healer and he's a dead man.i alway's beat him on my first try.

legal note: i have yet to finish the fourth game at time of post. i could end up eating my own words for this.
well, the 4th one is pretty easy...but watchout for some of the attacks from the phases...but the final battle is cubia is sooooo much fun...i was
actually enjoying that battle...but the phases like the last 3 can be tough if you don't have the right items...like restorative...antitode...umm..healing potions or exlirs.. :roll: