Skieth Theory

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

thefullmetalalchemist

Skieth Theory

Post by thefullmetalalchemist »

What I'm thinking is that Skieth was a portal for Cubia to emerge. When Skeith was still "alive" the portal function wouldn't work but when Kite and company kill him the portal program activates and releases Cubia. Does anyone else think the same. If not, what do you think.
apheiron

Post by apheiron »

cubia was a sort of hacker protection program created by morganna but it wasn't needed before because the problem wasn't that big,
and when kite used the braclet on skeith cubia was awoken
thefullmetalalchemist

So he wasn't a portal of sorts, I thought he might considering he died differently than the rest of the phases I've fought so far.
Suyo

Post by Suyo »

I think CUbia arrived after Data draining skeith because the bracelet used an imense power, enabling Cubia to track down the bracelet.
Sumomo

Post by Sumomo »

I think that Cubia awakened after Skeith was dd by Kite because  Skeith was supposed to be collecting information for Aura, and by deleting Skeith, all of his collecting data was deleted. Well, something like that. :?
Twilight Wave

Post by Twilight Wave »

Cubia was realeased because the Braclet finally caused a problem to the Phases...The Phases aren't exactly evil, just programs to gain information. Cubia is the "protector" who will kill people who cheat, hack, and that have illegaal powers, such as Kite.

Cubia dissapeared when Blackrose destroyed the bracelet because the threat was gone, and Cubia was out of use.
Axel

Post by Axel »

wait so then cubia never really dies...he just kinda leaves
Bakuryukun

Post by Bakuryukun »

I don't think Morganna made Cubia....It just doesn't make sense....Cubia always came to protect Aura when the bracelet got to close to Aura...the thing is...why would Morganna care if the bracelet got to close to Aura? If Aura was data drained then she would just split into diffrent peices again which is what Skeith did in the first place so a bracelet being close to Aura SHOULD be a good thing in Morganna's eyes...so yet again...why would Morganna care?....I'm thinking more along the lines of Harold made Cubia to protect the system as a whole...which would include: The Phases, Morganna, Aura and everything
cadence

Post by cadence »

Bakuryukun wrote:I don't think Morganna made Cubia....It just doesn't make sense....Cubia always came to protect Aura when the bracelet got to close to Aura...the thing is...why would Morganna care if the bracelet got to close to Aura? If Aura was data drained then she would just split into diffrent peices again which is what Skeith did in the first place so a bracelet being close to Aura SHOULD be a good thing in Morganna's eyes...so yet again...why would Morganna care?....I'm thinking more along the lines of Harold made Cubia to protect the system as a whole...which would include: The Phases, Morganna, Aura and everything
That's what I think too - since Harald created the system he must have created Cubia.

Here's info (from the 4th Liminality DVD)

apheiron

Post by apheiron »

that's corect i knew that while i was playing that game and i didn't watch liminality
thefullmetalalchemist

so would Cubia try to protect Tri-Edge if say Haseo was to attack it, or is Tri-Edge not part of the system
Kyle1818

Post by Kyle1818 »

What Id like to know is why didin't Cubia come back when Shugo got the braclet. :?
cadence

Post by cadence »

thefullmetalalchemist wrote:so would Cubia try to protect Tri-Edge if say Haseo was to attack it, or is Tri-Edge not part of the system
Good question.

If the data that Cubia was collecting about kite is the data that spawned Tri-Edge, then yea -- I guess that Cubia may try to defend Tri-Edge.

However - Cubia exists only to protect the "game balance" so it's hard to tell...If Tri-Edge were to try to disrupth that balance then who knows o.O

Kyle1818 - I wonder about that too - the thing I hear the most is that since Aura isn't in danger that Cubia remains dormant...but I don't buy that totally. I dunno.
Kaoshima

Post by Kaoshima »

I have a Q. In the game, Skeith's staff has an elliptical circle with a notch on one side, in other pics I've seen, including the inside back of the Game's OST and the .hack//ENEMY card, "Skeith", he has a cross with a perfect circle. What's that about? is there more than one skeith? please forgive me if I sound stupid but I haven't played all four yet, I'm right before Net Slum and Magus, and Magus ate my face. :cry:
Uther

Post by Uther »

I think someone posted somewhere saying that the ychanged it to a Q like shape as to not offend ppl.
Kaoshima

Post by Kaoshima »

ah, ok thanx, i was wondering if the first skeith was a false one or something...
beginner

Post by beginner »

They did that so none of the religious folks would be offended.
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

Post by Rental Daughter »

Twilight Wave wrote:Cubia was realeased because the Braclet finally caused a problem to the Phases...The Phases aren't exactly evil, just programs to gain information. Cubia is the "protector" who will kill people who cheat, hack, and that have illegaal powers, such as Kite.

Cubia dissapeared when Blackrose destroyed the bracelet because the threat was gone, and Cubia was out of use.
that last part should've been a spoiler -_- although I know that happened...but all the other people who don't know...

The Phases were supposed to gather info. to complete the Ultimate AI right? which in this case is  Aura <-I don't know if that was a spoiler or not...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don't think Morganna made Cubia....It just doesn't make sense....Cubia always came to protect Aura when the bracelet got to close to Aura...the thing is...why would Morganna care if the bracelet got to close to Aura? If Aura was data drained then she would just split into diffrent peices again which is what Skeith did in the first place so a bracelet being close to Aura SHOULD be a good thing in Morganna's eyes...so yet again...why would Morganna care?....I'm thinking more along the lines of Harold made Cubia to protect the system as a whole...which would include: The Phases, Morganna, Aura and everything
Morganna had Cubia keep Kite and Aura apart because Kite was the key to reassembling Aura, which would mean Morganna's demise.
so would Cubia try to protect Tri-Edge if say Haseo was to attack it, or is Tri-Edge not part of the system
I doubt Aura would insert such a dangerous AI into the system on her own. It's obviously a Vagrant AI.
What Id like to know is why didin't Cubia come back when Shugo got the braclet.
Because Aura made the Bracelet, and being the God of the World, Cubia recognized the Bracelet as part of the system, while last time, although Aura was part of the system, she wasn't God and had to follow the Epitaph Program, which she compromised by giving the Bracelet to Kite, thusly, there was an anomaly. I also think it's plausible that Aura deleted Cubia. She seems to be a tad lenient on hacking with all the help Helba has given her.
Amaruk

Post by Amaruk »

Kyle1818 wrote:What Id like to know is why didin't Cubia come back when Shugo got the braclet. :?
From what I understand, the bracelet Aura gave to Shuugo WAS NOT Kite's bracelet. And either way, Shuugo never data-drained anything even close to a phase; just a few bugged monsters and... Komiyama. ^.^ So, Cubia wasn't attracted. Also, back on the original subject (Or... kind of original...) the information on Cubia on the 4th Liminality DVD was false.

I'm just getting this from a reliable .hacker, on a message board, I'll see if I can post the URL to the board where this was posted. (Strange thing is, I just read the topic on this yesterday on said board, and then I read this. Odd.)