A couple of questions for //Infection

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

EricTheGrey

A couple of questions for //Infection

Post by EricTheGrey »

Hello. I realize that this forum isn't the hotbed of activity it once was, but I do see some on other sub-forums, so I'm hoping someone will respond. Don't worry, if not, I won't be back to "bump" the thread over and over again. I might however, hit the Discord channel, but I have so many of them now it's hard to keep them all straight, LOL

Anyway, I came across the first four games in a box of games I picked up last year from a freecycle pickup of old computer gear. While most of it just ended up being recycled, some of the disks and older games were good enough to give away to friends who wanted them, so it all worked out.

The games were not in their original cases, but in standard CD cases, so no books, and none of the anime <grumble>

Anyway, with a little (lot of) work, and a new computer build, I'm able to play on my computer using a PSX emulator, and enjoying myself so far.

On to my questions:

I've read that your party members can use items such as heals and resurrects. Do I have to give them these items for them to use them?

Next, regarding Infection level. The PDF I downloaded says the color gauge shows how infected Kite is. Is the "gauge" simply the silhouette in the Data Drain ability or is it somewhere else? I've only gotten as far as meeting Mia so I'm not too far in, and I haven't noticed any change in that display. The color has always been blueish.

I think that's all for now. If I get responses though, you'll probably hear back from me again. Fair warning.

Eric the Grey
Keyaki

Re: A couple of questions for //Infection

Post by Keyaki »

EricTheGrey wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:13 pm Anyway, with a little (lot of) work, and a new computer build, I'm able to play on my computer using a PSX emulator, and enjoying myself so far.

On to my questions:

I've read that your party members can use items such as heals and resurrects. Do I have to give them these items for them to use them?

Next, regarding Infection level. The PDF I downloaded says the color gauge shows how infected Kite is. Is the "gauge" simply the silhouette in the Data Drain ability or is it somewhere else? I've only gotten as far as meeting Mia so I'm not too far in, and I haven't noticed any change in that display. The color has always been blueish.

I think that's all for now. If I get responses though, you'll probably hear back from me again. Fair warning.

Eric the Grey
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, the party members can use items. They all have their own set amount of items and when they use one they naturally decrease. That said, yes, you can give them more.

The gauge is only on the Data Drain screen.
EricTheGrey

Re: A couple of questions for //Infection

Post by EricTheGrey »

Keyaki wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:39 pm Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, the party members can use items. They all have their own set amount of items and when they use one they naturally decrease. That said, yes, you can give them more.

The gauge is only on the Data Drain screen.
LOL, no worries about the late reply, and thanks. I'm near the end of the first game ATM, but I need to level up some before continuing because the last zone is kicking my a$$.

I did try giving my followers things beyond just equipment, although some of them they don't seem to know what to do with and said as much when I gave them things. Sticking with potions for the most part.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm just not using Data Drain enough to change the display, which I guess is good(?)

Eric the Grey