Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

SCP-173

Phase idea:

Post by SCP-173 »

Make up your own phase of morganna here is the way to do so for this forum

Name: exe skeith

nickname: exe The terror of death

What it was made for: exe collect data on human reaction to death.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Phase idea:

Post by Kuukai »

Hmmm, extrapolating from the weird, Picasso-like anti-bosses of the first series that draw on Celtic mythology, Norse mythology, and simple household items...

(Warning: These will only make sense if you're awesome.)

Name: Jormungruntr
Nickname: The Terror of Oink
What it was made for: All we have to go on is rumors. Some people say they encountered it in snow fields, and after that they never heard from their friends again. Every time it's sighted, players go missing. Occasionally administrators will investigate the snowfields where Jormungruntr is sighted, but they never find any sign of the missing players. All they ever find is... White Cherries.

Name: Maponos
Nickname: The Four Winds
What it was made for: Resembles an ordinary household fan, but has the ability to blow players between fields.

Name: Sandalphone
Nickname: The Tall Angel
What it was made for: It grows in bunches. I've got my hunches it will require D-type Equipment to defeat. Sandalphone's "adult" form is flattened, finned, and overall fish-like. The Cambrian Era (540-490 million years ago) aquatic predator Anomalocaris has been cited as conceptual inspiration, and a couple of features carry over directly: the ring-shaped, ventrally-positioned mouth and the large eyes situated atop stalks. Sandalphone has long, sinuous arms that terminate in human-like hands, each with four fingers and a thumb; the spines on the digits mimic those of Anomalocaris' feeding appendages. When it moves the arms are extended outward perpendicular to its body, like wings or fins. What appear to be a pair of mock eyes lie on the left side of the head, evoking the unusual optical arrangement of a flatfish. The Angel's core potentially lies beneath the left-hand "eye" (in battle, it is the target of two separate attacks by Asuka).

Name: Charlotte
Nickname: The Dessert Witch
What it was made for: Twisting the plot and pissing everyone off.
nuhkuhl
Location: In a box with a lock sitting next to a fox sick with pox wearing socks.

Post by nuhkuhl »

Before reading the descriptions I just read the topic headline and then glanced at a picture of a fan...I laughed so hard at Maponos- that seems like a great GIFT boss right there.

I'm too tired right now to be clever but I'm -so- looking forward to seeing what people come up with after that.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Thanks! I would actually be extremely interested to see what you came up with if you created a new phase in your art style.
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

This why I love making these question topics. I love seeing what people say.

I got an idea. Now don't get offended by this.

Name: osama

Nickname: the fallen terrorist

Descrip: any time you get caught by him he will chase you andif he touches you you won't be able to leave the game for 12 hours.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Name: Ernmas
Nickname: The Bearer of Death
What it was made for: Only Kite can see it. He just turns around and it's there. It has an affection rating.
nuhkuhl
Location: In a box with a lock sitting next to a fox sick with pox wearing socks.

Post by nuhkuhl »

I've thought about drawing a new Phase or two in the past- I should get on that one day; it'd be fun. Heh.

~*~

Never shall I forgive Persona 4 for ruining bear puns for me. Ha.

Sooooo tempted to photoshop that picture and make that breathing plush toy look like all those golden teddies that were lying around in that one scene of IMOQ...SUDDENLY AN ENTIRELY NEW HEADCANON INVOLVING KITE'S SLIPPING OF SANITY HAS BEEN CREATED....
Speaking of creepy bear people...I was disappointed a certain someone from a certain discontinued manga wasn't a wandering AI.

((Regarding affection ratings...I still wonder what delightful horrors Gabi's 'Promise Ending' would have entailed had he been playable. :-/ ))

----

Sort of inline with the topic: I wish there'd been a 'fake' phase with a design similar to Culhwch's. I dunno. Maybe it could have been like a training boss located in Netslum to practice skills on or something.

Last edited by nuhkuhl on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I thought it was cool Klarinette was a teddy bear with an eyepatch, but I like this whole insane bear-seeing idea a lot too.
nuhkuhl wrote:((Regarding affection ratings...I still wonder what delightful horrors Gabi's 'Promise Ending' would have entailed had he been playable. :-/ ))
It would probably have been a lot like the weird hotsprings scene in Asura's Wrath:

An emoticon-powered dummy phase that you could use Mistral to charge up?
nuhkuhl

Post by nuhkuhl »

.......yes. That...that actually is perfectly inline with Gabi's character... it's almost too perfect for me to wrap my head around fully.

I'm picturing Mistral playing said fake!phase in an Outer Dungeon, akin to how Haseo 'pilots' Skeith, but with emoticon-driven 'Dance Dance Revolution'-esque gameplay and seizure inducing strobe lights.
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

Name: demio

The shadow

Once this phase sees you you are surrounded by a dark fog. You must not let him get you or else you will be trapped in the world forever