The Intensity of Skeith

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

ULFRIC

The Intensity of Skeith

Post by ULFRIC »

Have you ever had one of those situations in gaming where no matter how high you level, how well you equip, how overstocked your supplies are...you go into a fight and the enemy treats you like it's not entirely sure your not a dust particle trying to land in its eye? That's Skeith. Every. Single. Time. I've played through .hack//IMOQ like a billion times and every time I meet Skeith I come to this same conclusion.

I started up the series again in honor of the movie release and two nights ago I met our good old friend The Terror of Death. I had completed every side mission. Gotten the rare weapons from Data Draining. Traded for the super good armor that cost you 10-25 of some random elemental enhancer. BlackRose and Mistral could've ruined worlds with the amount of power they wielded. I was the highest level I had ever been come the end boss of //Inefection and, with complete modesty, yea, I thought I was one bad ass muthatrucka. So now, in my empowered and, by far, most progressed end game file to date, I went up to Skeith and was ready to show him what being a .hacker was all about.

42 Resurrects, 56 Mage Souls, A constant spam of Rip Maens by Mistral ((pretty much the only spell she had time to cast, except the occasional Ol Repth when Skeiths wand slash or ice cube didn't one shot us by some miracle)), and the complete exhaustion of Mistral and BlackRoses Resurrect items later...I realized: You can't be better than Skeith. You can only survive the fight and win by not dying. You don't win by killing Skeith. You win by not having Skeith kill you. That's really all there is to it.

Well done Skeith. I will never claim to have beaten you. And I will never believe myself too prepared for combat. You are indeed the end boss. I'd bow before you, but you melted into a toxic puddle, so I'll just ride my Grunty dramatically into the sunset instead.
hidora

Re: The Intensity of Skeith

Post by hidora »

Yeah, Skeith can be pretty annoying and/or though. I didn't have much problems when fighting him on my latest file, though.

Just made sure Mistral was always out of his reach (which is kinda easy to do, actually), kept BlackRose using Rig Geam/Saem everytime someone died while spamming physical skills when everyone was alive, and just spammed physical skills/healing items with Kite.
Schmindlepops

Post by Schmindlepops »

i never really had problems with him. get the ceramic helm for blackrose and use scarab earing on self and mistral, give her the groovy stick. have masterblades and give blackrose the sword you get from data draining mu guardians (i think) . bring plenty of health drinks and those blood potions, use them and all enchantments possible right before you walk into the room, make sure you keep a defense boost enchant on so that judgement(the ice cubes) doesn't do too much damage. i just alternated between skills and healing in part commands and also healed myself and used alot of scrolls on him. beat him in about 5-11 minutes. around level 30ish
ULFRIC

Post by ULFRIC »

Yea, the fight usually takes about 5-7 minutes for me. It's just intense. So much death and ice cubes and getting whacked in the face by the staff. I always win, but I always feel like I might very well lose. It's fun~
TrueNeptune

Post by TrueNeptune »

My usual party is Blackrose and Mistral but I just cant ever beat skeith with them, I always have to switch Mistral with a more damage-dealing character(in my case, i chose Piros) and I have to play the boring role of healer myself. bleh
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Back in the day, he killed me way too many times to count. I actually put the games down for quite a few month. Heck, I even got Mutation in the meantime!

And then I came back to the game, and beat him in one shot.

(One of my main tricks was to get as many of those healing potions from Skeith's cave as possible, exit the cave, and do it all over again)
laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Post by laysh »

Since I restarted playing (On outbreak already with all side quests done!) When I got to Skeith I was lvl 31 with complete rare items I was like Pff this is going to be easy, I had forgotten how much he keeps you on your toes! :O
HISTORY

Post by HISTORY »

That is why everyone says //infection is the most unforgiving game!!!
Wellrod

Post by Wellrod »

I just remember getting so knarked about losing to skeith so many times. Sure he has an insta kill skill. Feels so good to beat it, I usually have Sanjuro and Elk in my party but Blackrose had to do for this.