Annihilated by Magus in 30 seconds flat!

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

DragonXGW

Annihilated by Magus in 30 seconds flat!

Post by DragonXGW »

Well, It's been quite a long time since I've been around, doubt if anyone really remembers me.

I havn't touched the original games in years, infact... not since the month that Quarantine came out, to be exact. I completed every little side quest maxed out everyone's affection got all the email chains, didn't bother with the item collecting thing, I doubt it's reward, if any, is worth the hassle, please let me know if i'm wrong. In any case, a few days ago I decided to fire Infection up for the first time in years. I was happy to find that I hadn't lost my touch, and by time I had gotten to Skieth I was nearly level 35. needless to say, Skieth didn't much stand a chance. I've blasted my way through Mutation, I'm level 51 going into the final dungeon, nearly everything else completed, got pretty much the best equipment for my team of Kite, Blackrose and Elk. got 99 of pretty much every restoring/buffing item you can buy, the final dungeon is an absolute cakewalk, and I gained 2 more levels going through it.

then the battle with Magus. I'm still reeling from it actually, it's kinda funny when I look back on it. I spent a few seconds buffing my party up and then... blam.... everyone is dead within seconds of the battle starting. Innis got in the midst of everyone and did a slam, immediately followed by a special skill and it wiped everyone out before I had any opportunity to respond. I'm not exactly sure how this happened, just horrible horrible luck I suppose.
Nogarath

Re: Annihilated by Magus in 30 seconds flat!

Post by Nogarath »

my goodness, thats the first time i heard something like that. innis came during your fight? holy **** lolol
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

If Innis got in the midst of everyone and did a slam during the battle against Magus...then maybe you should get your game checked D: It sounds like it Data Drained itself or something...though that could prove to be awesome.

Now, if you meant to say Magus instead of Innis, and Magus did a special skill to kill everyone, then it's because you forgot about Magus' leaves. During the battle, Magus will begin to drop its little leaves, and each one has a timer, of 10 seconds i think. Then after dropping all of its leaves, Magus will use his Death and Rebirth attack, exploding all of the leaves of which timer reached 0 and inflicting damage to your whole team related to the number of leaves destroyed. If all leaves explode (meaning, you didn't stop any of them), then Death and Rebirth will inflict Instant Death to your team. It doesn't matter if you're even lv99 and have the best defenses and items avaliable...if Magus uses Death and Rebirth and you didn't stop any leaves, it's Game Over.

So, it wasn't bad luck D: You just forgot, or simply didn't know, that Magus will really kill you if you don't destroy any of the leaves.
DragonXGW

Post by DragonXGW »

did I mention I was really quite tired when I posted my message? No? Oh... well I was.

And yeah, I remembered about the leaves this morning after waking up, refreshed mind and whatnot. all I remember last night was just thinking, Bah, I was far less prepared when I fought him all those years ago, and I remember having an easy time of him, this'll be cake. But then again, it's good that it happened because then I probably wouldn't have popped back in here just to chew the fat about it. and after browsing the boards, I can tell that any activity is a good thing for this site right now. I'll probably be posting about for awhile, atleast until after I've beaten G.U. again. Who knows, I may get active in an RP or something, that would keep me around for a good long while.

and yeah, about Innis, no he didn't pop up, I did indeed mean Magus when I said Innis.