Parasite Dragon

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Eclipse

Parasite Dragon

Post by Eclipse »

So, I just beat it at level 35 Kite, BlackRose and Mistral. I thought it would be tougher.
How did you react when you first fought it?
Resplendence

Re: Parasite Dragon

Post by Resplendence »

When I first saw the dragon I was like "yes a big tough monster!!!" but then I fought it and I was like "ehh...spark sword?!"
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Eclipse wrote:So, I just beat it at level 35 Kite, BlackRose and Mistral. I thought it would be tougher.
How did you react when you first fought it?
Doesnt look to bad...hmmm...oh sh*t! 9999 HP! Im so screwed!!!
hidora

Post by hidora »

My first reaction was:
- Nice, a dragon! I wonder if I can Data Drain it =o

Too bad it couldn't put up a fight =T
SpectralAura

Post by SpectralAura »

1st time: Got game over in less than a few seconds. Fire Breath killed all 3 in one shot.

2nd time: He got owned like a little kid :D

Between those 2 times, 10 mins passed.
Resplendence

Post by Resplendence »

SpectralAura wrote:1st time: Got game over in less than a few seconds. Fire Breath killed all 3 in one shot.

2nd time: He got owned like a little kid :D

Between those 2 times, 10 mins passed.
Lmao.Nice.
Nogarath

Post by Nogarath »

here's my method:

go with piros and blackrose.
when battle starts run back and heal with kite
have blackrose and piros do skillsskillsskills all fight
then data drain when protect break

yeeerrrrrr easyyy
DragonXGW

Post by DragonXGW »

first time I encountered him, I actually did win, it was a tough fight, but I did win, as many years ago as that was... 8 years ago now... wow I feel old, ahem, I can't remember my original party in any case, it probably would have been blackrose and elk though.

As for my second/most recent playthrough, it was blackrose and natsume, I acted as healer/support for the battle. It probably took longer than it needed to, but I just had them use normal attacks whilst I healed/ressurected/buffed as needed and it went down without a fuss.
Resplendence

Post by Resplendence »

DragonXGW wrote:first time I encountered him, I actually did win, it was a tough fight, but I did win, as many years ago as that was... 8 years ago now... wow I feel old, ahem, I can't remember my original party in any case, it probably would have been blackrose and elk though.

As for my second/most recent playthrough, it was blackrose and natsume, I acted as healer/support for the battle. It probably took longer than it needed to, but I just had them use normal attacks whilst I healed/ressurected/buffed as needed and it went down without a fuss.
When I act like the healer i feel like the battle takes too long.I need to be in the middle of the action!!!!lol I always take Blackrose and either Elk or Mistral.And wow 8 yeras?!Makes me realize .hack has been around for some time now.Kinda like Kingdom Hearts.
Kenji Shinomori

Post by Kenji Shinomori »

I went with Blackrose and Mistral~ Mistral for support, Blackrose for attack, and me for getting behind that monster and staying mainly out of its attacking front o-o and mainly focusing on keeping mistral's MP up ;w; It was a decent fight.. Skeith was tougher... Considering a level 33 Blackrose can hit him and yet A LEVEL 50 CANT TOUCH HIM. Never got that..
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kenji Shinomori wrote:Skeith was tougher... Considering a level 33 Blackrose can hit him and yet A LEVEL 50 CANT TOUCH HIM. Never got that..
Back in the day there was a theory saying that Kite and his team were able to fight and win against the Phases and become immune to the coma-inducing effects of Data Drain because of the Twilight Bracelet. Sure, it was because of the Bracelet that Kite was able to Data Drain them and destroy them (or send them to the sea of data, more like it), but that one theory stated that the Bracelet (or the Book of Twilight in general) also gave Kite and the members in his team a special ability to properly damage the Phases (and allow a Protect Break on them), as well as prevent them from getting the Protect Break status, reducing Data Drain to a bothersome attack with lots of status-inflictions rather than a truly painful attack that would've removed your teammate for the rest of the game. I'm not sure if that theory was ever proven right or wrong, but it made enough sense...Orca didn't have the Bracelet or the powers of the Book of Twilight at all, so he didn't have the ability to properly damage Skeith, and he didn't have the special protection either, so a single hit was enough to get him to Protect Break. And Protect Break + Data Drain = Not a good combination.
...Well, actually, that last thing i said wasn't proven either, but it is a fact that Kite and his team can't ever get a Protect Break during the game. They still got Data Drained several times against the Phases, and while i don't know if any of Kite's friends or Kite himself talked about how it felt to be Data Drained by a Phase (not sure if they ever mention anything about it in Another Birth or something), it sure didn't leave them in a coma; not even a temporal one as they seem fully conscious while being afflicted by every bad condition in the game. And the only instance where Kite's team might've been "truly" Data Drained was when they no longer had the protection from the Bracelet, so yeah.
Kenji Shinomori

.w. I love you.

That really does make alot of sense.. I did consider it at one time, both theories, but without much to stand on i kinda brushed it aside. (Not to mention i beat that theory with a game shark xD But that isnt related to the games .w. Its not cool to kill one monster that propels you to level 31~ AND JUST TO CLEAR IT UP, I only use cheats on games AFTER I HAVE BEAT EVERY ASPECT of that game .w. Specially dot hack.. But it was epic to have Balmung in the first game..)

AND THEY BETTER IDENTIFY YOUR LAST QUESTION IN LINK ;w; How it felt to be data drained.. I have my own theories but arnt appropriate for these boards =w=; Just a theory i made up for the luls while typing this up..
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kenji Shinomori wrote:.w. I love you.
Oh why thank you, i lovez you too~ <3
Wait...Who are you? lol
Kenji Shinomori wrote:That really does make alot of sense.. I did consider it at one time, both theories, but without much to stand on i kinda brushed it aside. (Not to mention i beat that theory with a game shark xD But that isnt related to the games .w. Its not cool to kill one monster that propels you to level 31~ AND JUST TO CLEAR IT UP, I only use cheats on games AFTER I HAVE BEAT EVERY ASPECT of that game .w. Specially dot hack.. But it was epic to have Balmung in the first game..)
YOU CHEATER D;< lol j/k I know what you mean, and have also cheated the hell out of games after finishing everything in them. Most of my cheating is just to discover secrets and try out stuff though, like getting hidden items or triggering certain stuff that would be impossible to do otherwise.
Anyways, i actually can't see how you could've used a cheat code to "beat" the theory of Kite's Bracelet and its special ability D: If you add Balmung and Orca, or even Helba and Sora to your team against Skeith, they all become part of Kite's team and therefore gain those abilities, and so it's possible for Orca to beat the crap out of Skeith this time, following the theory. And if you don't have Kite in your team, then you don't have the powers of the bracelet and you can't use Data Drain, and without it it's impossible for you to defeat a Phase; sure, you'll be able to damage it and it won't ever Protect Break you, but no matter how much damage you do to it it'll never be enough to defeat it (they don't exactly have "infinite HP", but something close enough to it...you can inflict over 15000HP damage per second for years and it still won't die unless you DD it). And if you're somehow able to use Data Drain without Kite on your team, then that could only be because another member of your team has the powers of the bracelet, and all these special abilities with it. So, even with a cheat device, the logic somewhat remains the same D: And before it's mentioned, not even certain codes to instantly KO an enemy or end the battle would work...the Phases can't be defeated without DD even with 0HP left, and if you somehow end the battle without defeating them, the game will crash, the next scenes won't load...or you'll simply not obtain the items needed to continue the story.
And of course, the last boss of the series is an exception to all of this...but that last battle is an exception to everything. And i won't say more since i know you still haven't played the last game '8D lol
Kenji Shinomori wrote:AND THEY BETTER IDENTIFY YOUR LAST QUESTION IN LINK ;w; How it felt to be data drained.. I have my own theories but arnt appropriate for these boards =w=; Just a theory i made up for the luls while typing this up..
...I do wonder what kind of theories they could be that would be "dangerous" to mention around here >w> lol
I am very curious about how it would have really felt though XD Maybe it was like a constant stream of colorful flashes, followed by alot of corrupted noise with the A in C note here and there. So it would give you an awful instant headache and maybe a seizure or something.
Kenji Shinomori

.. I hate it when I type something and dont make connections... I had that.. "Oh wait.. IM AN IDIOT ;W; " moment while reading this.. Forgot about Kite +Group = FFUUUU @ Enemies"

As for the second paragraph(Cause I use quickreply cause ama lazy .w. ) Wanna know my theory~?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kenji Shinomori wrote:As for the second paragraph(Cause I use quickreply cause ama lazy .w. ) Wanna know my theory~?
Maybe? 8D lol

And i don't like quick reply unless it's indeed for a "quick" reply. But my average posts are parragraphs-long, so yeah...they aren't exactly quick. lol
This one's an exception but i didn't exactly had to reply much here XD