Grunty stuff

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Eclipse

Grunty stuff

Post by Eclipse »

A few hours ago I was raising my first Grunty, it evolved into a Poison Grunty! It looks pretty coo'. But is it good?
Also, does anyone know good combinations to get rare Grunty food?
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Re: Grunty stuff

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Ummm, you should just try to give the grunty what it wants, if it says: they grown in a..... you should go into an area that have that, but i dunno where 'exactly' you can find the rare food, the most rare food i have found it is 'Cordyceps' lol
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

To find hard things like pineyapples go to an area with the word tri-pansey at the end most of the time it will take you to an area with them or just go to the area were you get gardenia. All the areas she takes you to also have pineyapples. If you need an exact key word pm me and I will get it for you tomorrow because I am not at my house at the moment. ^_^
AnubisGem

Post by AnubisGem »

Ah!!

My Grunty is asking for a sweet and crispy/crunchy food, that's "deep in the forest."
I'm.. not quite sure what area s/he means, or what the food I'm looking for is. x___x;;

Shiori? Do you know a lot about Grunty foods?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

AnubisGem wrote:My Grunty is asking for a sweet and crispy/crunchy food, that's "deep in the forest."
I'm.. not quite sure what area s/he means, or what the food I'm looking for is. x___x;;
If i'm right about it and my long-term memory still works properly, he's asking for a Piney Apple. That's the rarest grunty food to find, as they don't appear in "normal" areas, nor they appear in groups. You'll only find Piney Apples in certain area fields, which look more like dungeons. Those area fields are composed of "rooms", just like in dungeons rather than the usual "open fields", with several trees serving as the room walls ("deep in the forest", indeed), and spider webs blocking the path until you deal with the magic portals. And in the dead ends of those areas (the "wrong routes" that don't lead to the dungeon), you'll sometimes find ONE Piney Apple sitting at the very back; if you're lucky you'll leave the field with 4 Piney Apples.

Follow Shiori's advice in her last post...go to areas with the keyword Tri-Pansy as the 3rd word, or go to the areas Gardenia takes you to, you'll have good chances of finding Piney Apples there. And as an advice of my own...if you come across one of those fields and it has at least 2 or 3 Piney Apples easy to reach, then remember the keywords of that area, and make repeated runs to it, grabbing teh apples, going back to Town, and then going back to the field for more piney thingies, until you have at least 30 or so. Might take some time, but you'll then have enough Piney Apples for the rest of your grunty needs and you won't have to torture yourself finding a new area next time your Grunty asks for that crunchy thingy again XD

Though usually when i didn't have the exact grunty food my grunty asked me to, i gave him a Bloody Egg or a Mandragora until he stopped asking for it =3= lol
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

AnubisGem wrote:Ah!!

My Grunty is asking for a sweet and crispy/crunchy food, that's "deep in the forest."

Shiori? Do you know a lot about Grunty foods?
Its a piniapple it wants. And I suppose I do know a good bit about grunties. I kind of think there adorable so I try really hard to get them what they want. If you need help on finding a food or guessing what they want you can just ask me. I know what each food is and were to get it. I also know by the discriptions the grunty gives you what food there wanting.
AnubisGem

Post by AnubisGem »

Ooohh, thank you both for your help!
Sorrow; thanks a bunch for the detailed information! I'm trying out different keyword combinations to get those forest-y areas.
Shiori; ::PMs::. Awwww, I think Grunties are cute, too!

Expanding on the subject of Grunties being cute:
I wondered why I thought they were cute, since they're not designed to be stereotypically cute. (for example: being pink, fluffy bunnies or kitties)
But on second thought,
I think the creators decided to have the Grunties be neutral colors, and a neutral-type animal, so that they would be appealing to both masculine and feminine people.

I feel like this emphasizes gender equality, which makes me like Grunties, even more. (:
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

AnubisGem wrote:Ooohh, thank you both for your help!
Sorrow; thanks a bunch for the detailed information! I'm trying out different keyword combinations to get those forest-y areas.
Shiori; ::PMs::. Awwww, I think Grunties are cute, too!

Expanding on the subject of Grunties being cute:
I wondered why I thought they were cute, since they're not designed to be stereotypically cute. (for example: being pink, fluffy bunnies or kitties)
But on second thought,
I think the creators decided to have the Grunties be neutral colors, and a neutral-type animal, so that they would be appealing to both masculine and feminine people.

I feel like this emphasizes gender equality, which makes me like Grunties, even more. (:
I found a 'Neko Grunty' in a photo in the dothacker's Facebook page lol
AnubisGem

Post by AnubisGem »

Ahaha! I can't imagine what it looks like, I really can't. xD
But, thanks to Shiori, my little Grunty "evolved" into a Noble Grunty!
Yaaaaay! I love how Grunties talk... they're so funny sounding. xD
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Eh i hated Noble Grunty with a passion. "Oh mon ami~do you need me?" No i dont need you grunty I have iron and posoin grunty thank you very much. And now that I think about it...all the grunties had annoying voices.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

No problem AnubisGem. I am glad I could help. ^_^
Resplendence

Post by Resplendence »

For some I have every grunty except rocker grunty.I forgot what the stats are for that one.It reminds me of Elvis lol
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

AnubisGem wrote:Ahaha! I can't imagine what it looks like, I really can't. xD
But, thanks to Shiori, my little Grunty "evolved" into a Noble Grunty!
Yaaaaay! I love how Grunties talk... they're so funny sounding. xD
It was only a black llittle cat, we called him 'Neko Grunty', it was with other gruntys
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Oh, i remember that!!! o3o

But i like this one image more. lol
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Im starting to like 'Neko Grunty' im going to 'Localize' his Link
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

TheSorrow wrote:Oh, i remember that!!! o3o

Awwwlll!!!! That kitty is soooo cute!!!!!! XD
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Shiori wrote:

That's d5t's kitty c:
Or at least, i think it is. He's the one who takes the pictures at least. lol
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

TheSorrow wrote:
Shiori wrote:

That's d5t's kitty c:
He's going to gift it to me, as a birthday present, and as a gift for acomplishing the only rule im not following, being a 13+ years old member
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

AZURE-KITE wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:
Shiori wrote:

That's d5t's kitty c:
He's going to gift it to me, as a birthday present, and as a gift for acomplishing the only rule im not following, being a 13+ years old member
:( BUt I want the kitty kat. Itz just tooooooooo adorablez!!!!XD Pluss its probably way nicer than my cat! I would say I would trade ,but I just couldn't give up my kittye even though she is mean most of the time. ^_^
AnubisGem

Post by AnubisGem »

LOL how cute!! So THAT'S Neko Grunty! Eheehee~!
xDD I'll keep my fingers crossed for yah, Shiori.
TheEnigma wrote:Eh i hated Noble Grunty with a passion. "Oh mon ami~do you need me?" No i dont need you grunty I have iron and posoin grunty thank you very much. And now that I think about it...all the grunties had annoying voices.
ROFL. I never thought Grunties would sound like they do. Their voices are so goofy, but I'm soooo glad they sound like they do.

Yesterday, I fed another little Grunty, and it turned into amother Noble Grunty!
It said there can't be two of them, so it ran off a cliff and flew away. O____o;;;