Favorite Characters to Party with?

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

rockman0

Favorite Characters to Party with?

Post by rockman0 »

Of all of the PCs whose member addresses you gain, who do you find yourself most often forming parties with?

I find myself playing mostly with BlackRose and Mistral. Mistral seems to be good about keeping everyone's health up, and BlackRose is really strong and doesn't slack off. I absolutely hate partying with Elk and Mia, though. Elk dies too much, and he's always out of SP. Mia seems to only run around (at least with me). I've never really tried Natsume and Piros (except for the time he was poisoned or whatever).

So, who do you guys like most?
SpectralAura

Re: Favorite Characters to Party with?

Post by SpectralAura »

My most favorite to party with: BlackRose & Wiseman. Before him, I used Mistral, after him,  I used Helba. I don't like their constant harassment of the Aromatic Grass by Elk & Mia.
Smitts

Post by Smitts »

Elk and Mia.

Then when you beat the game. Helba and Tsukasa.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Whenever I can, I like to use Gardenia and Sanjuro. I just love those two. <3
But the story often forces you to use BlackRose. :T I mean, I like BlackRose and I understand she's a main character, but...
SpectralAura

Post by SpectralAura »

BlackRose's just cool for me. :D I dont really use Gardenia & Sanjuro. I'm always with a Physical & Magical character.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Yeah, towards the later volumes I tended to stick to the Physical and Magical team too (Wiseman pretty much never left my party in Outbreak >>). But when I can, I still like to use Gardenia and/or Sanjuro; generally speaking even I like to give all the party members a chance at some action.
rockman0

Post by rockman0 »

Lately, I've been using Sanjuro more often too. I've just made it to the battle against Skeith, so I think I may use him for that also.
SpectralAura

Post by SpectralAura »

Very first time I battled with Skeith, I used Sanjuro & Natsume. I really liked going with them that time.
HKS_Nismo

Post by HKS_Nismo »

I have several "teams" made mentally for certain situations regaurding strategy. My good, all around team consists of Natsume and Elk, to balance out attack and magic strength, as well as speed, since both Natsume and Kite are Twin Blades. This was the team that allowed me to beat Skeith if I recall.

Another team consists of Blackrose and Piros, for all out offensive attacks, with a little defense as I upgraded Kite with several magic scrolls and magic abilities, just in case we start running into monsters with physical tolerance. There were some cases where I had entered fields and dungeons that had a majority of monsters with that ailment, so this team usually died on me from time to time, causing me to constantly purchase Ressurections, Mage souls, and Health drinks.
Reapus

Post by Reapus »

My team has always been Kite (obviously), Mistral and Blackrose. Mistral to be the healer and Blackrose to be the heavy hitter.
Momo_O3O

Post by Momo_O3O »

Mistral and...Piros
I don't think I'm spelling their names right. -_____-;;;
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

No, you're spelling them right, no worries.

You know what's neat to do sometimes is invite two other Twin Blades into your party, 'cause then you get everyone kinda synced up in how they run, stand, etc.
Trinian

Post by Trinian »

Mistral.
Always.

And then another phys-damage character, depending on the situation/what the weather's like.
CrestAkray

Post by CrestAkray »

I always partied with Natsume & Mistral. I think I used Elk after Mistral left...
Natsume was a fast, accurate, and a pretty smart partner. Mistral & Elk healed on time, but only Mistral attacked on time.
Blackrose...i NEVER used her. With good reason too. In //infection, and //Mutation, me & Mistral died once...I continuesly told her to revive us. She had PLENTY of revival items with her, but all she was attack. I got two game overs that way =/
Minato

Post by Minato »

I LOVE BLACKROSE AND MISTRAL
holy crap. Fave characters in all of the series. Haha
Although, I'm in love with Natsume as well. But for serious dungeon crawling, BlackRose and Mistral all the way :)
AnubisGem

Post by AnubisGem »

xDDDD

I ALWAYS choose Elk!!! ^______________^
Mostly just because of his character: He's just so shy and cute!

Elk and Kite work very well for me: Elk uses magic from afar, and Kite attacks head on!
He never seems to lose MP when I use him. o.o; Yet.

I like BlackRose as a tag-along. Just because she's a main chara~
DragonXGW

Post by DragonXGW »

I use one of three parties usually.

the first one consists of Natsume and Blackrose. I've always been fond of the versatility of the twinblade, able to use a wide range of magic fairly effectively whilst still putting on a decent offensive, well, ofcourse they are that way, that's the reason they made Kite be a twinblade, the all-aroundness of them. I choose twinblade of longarm, mainly because longarms generally have weaker magic capabilities and although their attacks are stronger, they aren't strong enough for the slowness in comparison to a twinblade or a heavyblade. Blackrose is my heavy hitter, fairly plain and simple there.

the second one consists of Elk and Blackrose. I mostly choose elk of Mistral, or wiseman, just because I like Elk's presonality more then either of them, I don't mind the incessant begging for Aromatic Grass quite as much as others do. Blackrose is... my heavy hitter... fairly plain and simple there.

the third consists of Elk and Natsume. this is the party I take with me when I want to just sorta... annihilate everything. the onslaught of spells and special skills targeting every element weakness brings down most enemies in seconds. this is the party I choose when going on leveling runs, when I'm not bothering trying to get them down just to the point of protect breaks. Nothing survives long enough for data drain when I'm using this party.

P.S. Oh... and I agree with the above poster in regards to Elk.
Kenji Shinomori

Post by Kenji Shinomori »

This is how mine went~
Typically Mistral and Blackrose, Only because I'm more familiar with them (And I love Mistral's Voice and I am a huge fan of Wendy Lee, Blackroses Voice actor who can be found in Lucky Star, Cowboy Bebop, Haruhi Suzumia, and many more~) For healing and attack. =w=; And the cuteness...

My next favorite combination was Natsume and Mistral~ Two Adorable cuties Fighting to protect Kite. >w< So lucky..
loveeee

Post by loveeee »

I don't care about strategy at all; I just use the female characters that I think are cute.

Usually go with BlackRose/Gardenia
berserker126

Post by berserker126 »

I like most characters of the game except Elk and Mia....Mainly because there utterly useless and when you need em you get a NO FLASHMAIL RESPONSE messege

Mistral and Blackrose are my usual party...

I love mistrals constant cuteness and smilies and it amuses me, and Piros's backround music cu it annoys my buddy xD