Element-specific party members?

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Orzunoid

Element-specific party members?

Post by Orzunoid »

Hey all! In my second time through these games, I decided for my own personal amusement to assign each of my party members a specific element(e.g. Piros with Earth element axes and armor, etc.) I know this isn't the most efficient way to go through the games, but it seems more fun and perhaps more of a challenge. Having played real MMOs I know how people like to specialize in a certain element.

Have any of you done this, and if so, what elements did you assign to each party member? I'm halfway through Infection right now, so here is a list of what I've done:

Kite: Lightning
Blackrose: Fire
Mistral: Water
Piros: Earth
Mia: (haven't determined yet)
Elk: Darkness
Gardenia: Wood
Natsume: Wood
Sanjuro: Fire

Note on Mistral: Originally I wanted to try to make her a dedicated healer, but since there were no dedicated healing weapon and armor sets, I assigned her to Water, with healing armor for Ol Repth
N3IWVC

Re: Element-specific party members?

Post by N3IWVC »

Actually, the characters do already have a small boost in some elements based on their wave pattern. look up the wave patterns on the wiki it shows how you can tell which is which. anyways as for me i really didn't try to stick with certain elements on certain characters.
SpectralAura

Re: Element-specific party members?

Post by SpectralAura »

You dont need to worry about the elements in those volumes.

Added spoilers incase fun may be ruined.

At QUARANTINE, you can get mostly all elements up pretty much high. Like 35-45 to all with the high gears. It will be more than enough.