I think I found a bootleg :(

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

eaglesiegle

I think I found a bootleg :(

Post by eaglesiegle »

I was browsing through ebay looking for a box and instruction booklet for my quarantine (I bought it used a while back and the guy at gamestop said it came with everything but it didnt) when I stumbled upon this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _500wt_928 . He says its an import but the japanese version has a green background not an orange. It was changed to orange for international release. Also there is no rating for either japan or america in the bottom left hand corner. I reported him to ebay but when I got the chance to give a description the word limiter only let me have room for 1 line! I hope that I got enough info in that one line so that way this idiot will get what he deserves. It really makes me angry that someone would sell a bootleg of my favorite series in the world.

The point to this thread is to ask you all to go and report him. This series means a lot to me and I want the creators to get the honor of this series and I want people to safely buy this product and not a bootleg so they can enjoy it too.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: I think I found a bootleg :(

Post by Kuukai »

Uh, I think that's probably a legit copy, I'm pretty sure mine is orange. I think it came out in both colors (the cover that was one CC2's site was orange), and Mutation actually predates widespread adoption of the CERO rating system so there's no age rating. None of the original .hack games had ratings in Japan until the PlayStation2 The Best release, where they were rated "CERO All Ages." Subsequent .hack games kept this rating until Vol.3 of G.U., when the new CERO system took effect and it was rated "CERO A." (Which is the same thing, but harder to understand. Yay progress!)

If I were you I think I'd withdraw the report if possible...
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

Thank you for explaining I went and did what I could to undo my report, but why did they release it in both green and orange?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I really have no idea... Maybe they're different prints with different inserts... Now I kinda wanna get ahold of a green one...
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

I like the way the green looks better.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The orange one seems to be the "main" picture though. That's the way it appears on the set box and for the PlayStation2 the BEST version.
Minato

Post by Minato »

Well.. Kite was green before he got the bracelet. And Orange afterward.
Not exactly sure why they'd change it for international release, but something interesting.