I FINALLY BEAT SKEITH!!!!

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Heighth

I FINALLY BEAT SKEITH!!!!

Post by Heighth »

W000OOO!!!!1COMMENT IF YOU BEAT SKEITH AND THE FIRST THING U DID AFTERWARDS!!
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: I FINALLY BEAT SKEITH!!!!

Post by TheSorrow »

Watch the next cutscene and enjoy the ending, to then continue with other stuff like the optional dungeon :D

I defeated Skeith on my first try, at level 28 or so. Quite the intense battle.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Don't remember, wasn't that great of a fight. Afterward me and Elk went to our own private world.
Heighth

Post by Heighth »

I did I loved the ending music.I'm trying to defeat Parasite Dragon.
Vorbei

Post by Vorbei »

I continued to facepalm at myself.
I failed my first time, and then the second time, it lasted about twice as long as it should have because I got so pumped up that I didn't notice the Protect Break until too late... So I beat myself up about that for a long while.
Then I kept calling up Mia and Elk to whine at them about them not offering to come with me. Where were they when I needed their support?!
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Well,  Mia is a spoiler so yeah.
AzureKaito

Post by AzureKaito »

I beat him first a pair of years ago so i don't remember, but yesterday was the 2nd time i beat the game, but since i was level 33 it was an easy win, so i went to the last dungeon to beat for the 1st time the *i don't remember the word* dragon xD he beat me the moment i was able to do the data drain TT_TT so i claim vengeance and the second time i was able to do it XP
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Parasite Dragon? Yeah, I challenged that thing when it first became available and was like ARGHWTF. XD

Also, I beat Skeith on my second try. First try was at like level 28, though :P
hidora

Post by hidora »

Heh, my first try was at Lv23, so... yeah, I got my butt kicked xD
Second try was at Lv27, and it was the hardest Phase fight I did on my first playthrough.

The first thing I did? watch the cutscenes, save, turn off the ps2 and go to bed. It was almost 4 a.m. >_>
AzureKaito

Post by AzureKaito »

Jajaja, everyone must have reacted that way with parasite dragon xD my first time i was like "Woah, 9999hp, this is gonna be a long battle" *parasite dragon attacks* 950 *Kite dies* O___O *seconds later the whole party* .-. *turns off the ps2* xD

And with skeith i was lucky, i reach him at lvl 30 on my first try, so it took me a while, but i didn't even need to use buffs...I'm the knd that spends lots of time training =P
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

I was overleveled. Level 34, still got one shotted. Killed him, watched ending, did optional dungeon.
rockman0

Post by rockman0 »

I finally beat him last night. It was a hard match. The first thing I did was to open all of my Ryu Books and unlock the .hack//Sign wallpaper for my desktop. Then, I fought the final goblin and beat it. Got excited about the Summon Goblin skill only to realize that I'd traded off my Goblin Cap earlier. 0_0 Then, I turned off the PS2 and went to bed. I plan to fight the Parasite Dragon today.

Off-topic: Is there any way to get the Goblin Cap back?
hidora

Post by hidora »

rockman0 wrote:Off-topic: Is there any way to get the Goblin Cap back?
No, but you can give all the goblin equipments to that same character so that s/he can use it IIRC. The problem lies in if you traded it with a non-party member.

At any rate, you'll get a more powerful goblin set on the next games, so dont worry too much.
rockman0

Post by rockman0 »

hidora wrote:
rockman0 wrote:Off-topic: Is there any way to get the Goblin Cap back?
No, but you can give all the goblin equipments to that same character so that s/he can use it IIRC. The problem lies in if you traded it with a non-party member.

At any rate, you'll get a more powerful goblin set on the next games, so dont worry too much.
Awesome, thanks! I traded it when I saw the level on it. lol, at least I have the Time Armor.

I'm not sure if this is off-topic or not, I think it is, but I beat the Parasite Dragon today. It was actually pretty easy if you sit back and let your party members do the dirty work. I'm loving my Hyakkidouran.
Momo_O3O

Post by Momo_O3O »

I STILL CAN'T BEAT HIM!!! DXXX
IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!!!
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Momo_O3O wrote:I STILL CAN'T BEAT HIM!!! DXXX
IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!!!
Really, you haven't defeated him yet? D: He's very hard, perhaps the hardest boss in all of .Hack//IMOQ (or maybe .Hack in general o-O' Macha and Tarvos can also be damn hard though), but far from impossible.

The "recommended" level for the battle is lv30. To have an advantage, try going by about lv32 with all your party members. The higher, the better...although it might be hard to gain levels above lv33, you'll have to defeat lots of the highest-leveled enemies for it.

And a few tips to guarantee victory:
-Have Kite with AS MUCH healing items (both for HP and SP), Status Ailment healing items (i forgot the name of them all 'XD), and at least 30 Resurrects. The other 2 characters should have at least 20 Resurrects and several other healing items. Speed Boosting items (Speed Drink?) can help alot too, if you can get some.
-Keep Kite as your main HEALER, everyone else as the attackers. Yeah, i know he's the Twin Blade and has to attack and all...but, you can keep control of him at pretty much all times, while for the others you have to rely on commands. And so, Kite is the only one you can have to instantly heal and revive everyone else. Keep him out of Skeith's sight, keep healing from a distance, and if you HAVE to attack, do it quickly and whenever you think Skeith won't react back quickly. Yeah, Kite might be killed, but that's why you have the rest of your team with Resurrects at least. Doesn't mean you have to be confident that the others will revive him and go aggresive though...since you could see a Game Over soon after you try that.
-NEVER UNDERESTIMATE SKEITH. He might seem slow sometimes, and there's times where his attacks might not do much damage. But never assume that'll be the same all the time. He can do some truly nasty moves such like two Judgments in a row (barely survived at levels over 30, instant death at lv28), or slash your characters up to 3 times, "locking" them sometimes, or Data Drain you before (or after) some other ugly combo. Always keep your team at full HP, and revive any fallen members as soon as you can, even if it "seems" like you can survive the next attack without healing.

Overall, keep healing as your MAXIMUM priority, and keep attacking Skeith constantly (number of hits is more important than damage dealt to Protect Break him, after all) and you'll eventually win over The Terror of Death c:
Momo_O3O

Post by Momo_O3O »

Blargh!
Last time I tried I forgot to give my other two party members healing items.
So, when Skeith killed me they couldn't revive me. (Insert ultimate frowny face here)
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

Momo_O3O wrote:Blargh!
Last time I tried I forgot to give my other two party members healing items.
So, when Skeith killed me they couldn't revive me. (Insert ultimate frowny face here)
Don't worry momo, your time will come... eventually
But seriously over winter break lets hang out sometime and I'll help you train to beat skeith! And we can finally watch Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Complete! :D
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

I beat the game like in..... 80 HOURS!!!! yeah it's because i leveled until 45 before facing skeith, this was my battle:
kite:Staccato!!!
-skeith has the data drain-
Kite:Data drain.
Elk: O_O
BlackRose: WTFH!!(what the F*ucking hell?!) O_O
Kite: Staccato!
Skeith: {Falls with the 2 firsts hits}
Me: o3o

I beat him today!!:D o3o
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Took me one hour. First try, level 30 Kite, BlackRose and Mistral.
Stayed back healing and powering up Blackrose. Then when data drained just went Staccato and killed it after three rounds of it.

...Ran out of resurrects and of Health Drinks midbattle, too >.<