Those monotonous dungeons

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Ruby

Those monotonous dungeons

Post by Ruby »

I'm almost ready to stop playing my game of Mutation because I'm so sick of leveling up in the dungeons. They're all the same, they take forever, and they don't even have nice background music. Is there some way to snazz them up or generally make the whole experience more enjoyable?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Those monotonous dungeons

Post by TheSorrow »

Best way to get through them:
Use a Fairy Orb to see the full map and just take the fastest route to the bottom of the dungeon, and use Speed Charms or the Ap Do skills to walk faster. As of how to deal with the enemies, pay attention to see their elements (if they hopefully have one), and have many Twin Blades in your inventory that all have skills of different elements. Just equip the blades with the elemental skill opposing the enemies' element, go walk to them as soon as they come out of the portal, and use the skill. If it's one of those skills where Kite spins and quickly inflicts damage, you'll be done with the battle instantly :P

Best way to not make them as tedious and be more enjoyable:
Have fun looking at your characters and imagining what they'd be saying or something like that. And maybe stare at the eggs in the dungeons because some look quite funny. Or listen to music. Or browse the forums like i do o3o

Best thing to do in my opinion:
Don't go train in dungeons, only in fields. And if possible and if you are confident enough or have experience with the games already, don't train at all, and only level up in the forced fields and dungeons where you have no choice but defeat enemies to get through. You do get to go through alot of dungeons just for the story, and though you might end up being 5-6 levels lower than average, it's still possible to get through the games like that XD

And BTW, if you think "those monotonous dungeons" are quite boring and long, you'll be getting quite a huge surprise in Quarantine. Twice.
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

I always hate leveling up, too. Even the mass leveling to enter the Arena in GU was annoying.

I usually listen to music while I play. As TheSorrow said, it's good to have the right elemental attacks to kill the monsters easily. i always make sure that Kite has at least one of each element, whether it's a spell or skill.
Akasu

Post by Akasu »

I usually role-play the situations, as in, I pretend I'm doing the adventuring with Kite and friends. It's gets me super-pumped, and before I know it, I'm done. T_T
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't find it all that monotonous. In the right amount of doses, of course.
But yeah, I guess roleplaying the situation helps. Also, have fun with taking certain party members.

Oh, and leveling up. I just use the area keywords you get in-game to train; clear out both the field and the dungeon -- and oftentimes go BACK to the dungeon since the games like to warp you out before you can open all the portals and/or get the Gott statue. ._.
It not only helps fill up the Ryu book requirements, but it also means you don't have to go to extra areas nearly as often.