Extracted Sound Files

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Extracted Sound Files

Post by Erroneous »

Back in the days when Infection and so forth was still brand new to the rest of us, many of us played with the game disks. I did manage to extract some of the files back then but lost the files and totally forgotten the process over time. This week I was bored enough to play around with the game disks again and I had managed to recreate the process then. However it did take me awhile to figure what was wrong till I realized that the extracting process needed to be in mono and not stereo.

Using MFAudio from Zophar's tools, I extracted all the original grunty food noises. The trick is to open as a RAW file at 48000Hz, 16bit, mono, no interlace or offeset and saving as WAV in the same format above. Then using a sound editing tool, in my case I used Sony Soundforge that came with my Sony Vaio laptop, I chopped up the VOICE_E\FOOD_E.BIN file that I converted to WAV into smaller individual clips saved in MP3 format.

The reason I did this and am sharing them with you is because the .hack//GAME Perfect Collection 3 disk set has these audio clips spoken in Japanese whereas the ones from the games are of course English. So should you wish to replace your Japanese sounding grunty food voices here they are free to download as you please.

Use them as ring tones for your phone or whatever you please. Not sure if there are copyright infringements on this action but since it's basically translating the Japanese sounding clips from the soundtrack in my opinion I don't see a problem.

Until then, enjoy!
Pic0o

Re: Extracted Sound Files

Post by Pic0o »

Cool. Thanks for the info, I might try it out myself sometime. Also props on the sounds, even though I'll prolly just extract them myself for the hell of it. ;)
Satoh

Re: Extracted Sound Files

Post by Satoh »

Will the same work for the looping background musics and battle musics?

The ones from the soundtrack are all spliced together and not very conducive to making fangames... which I'm trying to do. Not that I would compete with Edan of course... though he probably has forgotten about me long ago.