City in the Sky

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

arimiSlacker

City in the Sky

Post by arimiSlacker »

I just finished beating MAGUS in Mutation, and got virus core U. How important is it to go to the city in the sky, or is it ok to just go ahead and start playing Outbreak?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: City in the Sky

Post by TheSorrow »

There isn't anything vital for the story if you go there, though Data Draining the boss gives you an unique rare item, and it's full of high level monsters so you can earn good experience and items for going...and just for finishing the game completely.
If you're not interested and you only want to play for story, you can go ahead and play Outbreak since you won't miss anything. And i'm not too sure about this (since i never tried it), but i guess since you get the keywords already, if you transfer the game save to Outbreak and play, you can go to that area anytime you want...it'll just be too easy once you level up enough and the rare item won't be as useful.
arimiSlacker

Post by arimiSlacker »

TheSorrow wrote:There isn't anything vital for the story if you go there, though Data Draining the boss gives you an unique rare item, and it's full of high level monsters so you can earn good experience and items for going...and just for finishing the game completely.
If you're not interested and you only want to play for story, you can go ahead and play Outbreak since you won't miss anything. And i'm not too sure about this (since i never tried it), but i guess since you get the keywords already, if you transfer the game save to Outbreak and play, you can go to that area anytime you want...it'll just be too easy once you level up enough and the rare item won't be as useful.
Oh thank you much. Yea, I just decided to go on ahead, and if I decide to back track later I will.
Dead

Post by Dead »

How can you not go to the City in the SKy? its The Upside down dungeon that used to covet a harald's room in it, its from .Hack//SIGN!!!! I urge you not to skip it. the blades you get from this monster are quite awesome, the shoes arent bad either.
arimiSlacker

Post by arimiSlacker »

Dead wrote:How can you not go to the City in the SKy? its The Upside down dungeon that used to covet a harald's room in it, its from .Hack//SIGN!!!! I urge you not to skip it. the blades you get from this monster are quite awesome, the shoes arent bad either.
Yea I went back and did it, and I am really glad I did!