has anyone ever noticed...

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
ShadowOfDeath
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:00 am
Location: You'd like to know, petifiles

has anyone ever noticed...

Post by ShadowOfDeath » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:04 pm

...that in the e-mail Helba sends you, when she lists off the 8 Phases, she calls Skeith "Skeith: The Shadow of Death? I was surprised when in G.U. they called Skeith the Terror of Death, as i thought it was the Shadow of Death. Then i realized it must have been a typo.

Has anyone else ever noticed?

and yes, thats my namesake

User avatar
Non-Toxic
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:17 am

Re: has anyone ever noticed...

Post by Non-Toxic » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:25 pm

Yea, me too. BTW, cool name

User avatar
Zohar
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:21 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: has anyone ever noticed...

Post by Zohar » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:03 pm

Haha... that's kinda funny...

Typos that can screw with a series.... :lol:

User avatar
ShadowOfDeath
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:00 am
Location: You'd like to know, petifiles

Re: has anyone ever noticed...

Post by ShadowOfDeath » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:33 pm

Zohar wrote:Haha... that's kinda funny...

Typos that can screw with a series.... :lol:
yeah :lol: wow i thought more people would notice it than me

User avatar
haseoskeith
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Fighting an AIDA with my Phase 9 Avatar

Re: has anyone ever noticed...

Post by haseoskeith » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:29 pm

ShadowOfDeath wrote:...that in the e-mail Helba sends you, when she lists off the 8 Phases, she calls Skeith "Skeith: The Shadow of Death? I was surprised when in G.U. they called Skeith the Terror of Death, as i thought it was the Shadow of Death. Then i realized it must have been a typo.

Has anyone else ever noticed?

and yes, thats my namesake
Odd, i never notcied it. Well, that's just one more typo to add to a quite long list of them in the .hack series :?

User avatar
Minato
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:32 pm
Location: Washington

Re: has anyone ever noticed...

Post by Minato » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:35 pm

It's not a typo, I think.
In the original Epitaph of Twilight, it calls Skeith both "The Shadow of Death" and "The Terror of Death."

User avatar
Dantomane
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:05 pm
Location: Canada,eh

Re: has anyone ever noticed...

Post by Dantomane » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:37 pm

Shadow of death is also mentioned in the Epitaph rather than Terror of death

User avatar
Daichi
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:41 am
Location: Inside your furry fantasies
Contact:

Re: has anyone ever noticed...

Post by Daichi » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:47 am

ShadowOfDeath wrote:
Zohar wrote:Haha... that's kinda funny...

Typos that can screw with a series.... :lol:
yeah :lol: wow i thought more people would notice it than me
you do know the famous "Orca" typo in Lott?

User avatar
arimiSlacker
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: walking around your mind
Contact:

Re: has anyone ever noticed...

Post by arimiSlacker » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Well in .hack Infection, the first time you see him it says Skeith "Terror of Death" So maybe that is why they used that phrasing in GU.

User avatar
Lunaros
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:24 am
Location: NSW, Australia. ^o^
Contact:

Re: has anyone ever noticed...

Post by Lunaros » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:23 pm

I'm not sure if it said this in Japanese in IMOQ, but for G.U. ...

In Japanese, isn't it "Shi No Kyofu"? o: (Or something like that... XD Not so sure about the spelling of the last word.) Which is Terror of Death, I think. o:

Well, Shi and No are Death and Of. o: And "Kage" is Shadow, isn't it? So I'm assuming "Kyofu" is Terror. XD;;
So that would make Skeith the Terror of Death, not Shadow, for this case. o:

Then again, I'm not sure if he was called that in Japanese during IMOQ... o:

User avatar
Tr@15
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: NetSlum
Contact:

Re: has anyone ever noticed...

Post by Tr@15 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:03 am

i never knew that wow

User avatar
tsukasa4692
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:59 pm

Re: has anyone ever noticed...

Post by tsukasa4692 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Minato wrote:It's not a typo, I think.
In the original Epitaph of Twilight, it calls Skeith both "The Shadow of Death" and "The Terror of Death."
ah yes that could be it, but often when anime,manga, etc get imported to the U.S. theres sometimes translation errors. and yes i think it does say that in the epitaph, but theres also that possibilty.

User avatar
maggosh
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:32 pm
Location: Radiant Garden (Yeah, and what are you gonna do about it?)

Re: has anyone ever noticed...

Post by maggosh » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:25 pm

Daichi wrote:
ShadowOfDeath wrote:
Zohar wrote:Haha... that's kinda funny...

Typos that can screw with a series.... :lol:
yeah :lol: wow i thought more people would notice it than me
you do know the famous "Orca" typo in Lott?
*raises hand*

Post Reply