Moderator: Moderators

kururusoft

which out of 4 to buy?

Post by kururusoft »

i can only get one which is the best
DualBlade Aiden

Re: which out of 4 to buy?

Post by DualBlade Aiden »

start with INFECTION, since its the first of the series.
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

If you can only ever, EVER get one, don't. It's not worth it if you cannot eventually play through all four. But, if you are talking about your first one, obviously go Infection. But really, I would say that if you can't play through all 4, DO NOT buy the games...Also, if you plan to play them, that's a great choice, but you will likely have to do some ebay / massive hunting. Otherwise, have fun. ;)
Cheese101
Location: At my table, eating cheese. It's good! Really. You should try some.

Post by Cheese101 »

Let's put it this way:

If you are only ever going to get one:

*Getting Infection and playing through it will suck because you will of course not have any answers, only questions.
*Getting Mutation will be kind of okay, but not many questions get answered and you will just get more questions than ever!
*Getting Outbreak will SUCK because you won't know what is going on in the anime or the game, even with the beginning movie!
*Getting Quarantine will be the best because you will get the overall answer, but you will still be beating your head against a wall because you will have your own personal questions and being introduced so quickly into the virus core gameplay (GOD there are so many to get!) you probably won't even finish it. I stopped playing for six months even after I had already played the others for a break from the frustration.

If you get one to START with:

GET INFECTION! (Duh) You want to start from the beginning.

If you only ever get one, don't bother. It would be a waste of money (I can't believe I typed that but it is true). You won't enjoy it to it's fullest, and that is an insult to the deepest, greatest, most mysterious story in history!
twinbladePker

Post by twinbladePker »

Yeah, Cheese pretty much nailed it. They wont be same without all the instalments. If i were you id go with
Qurantine you ge the over all question answerd and you can unlock almost everything.
DualBlade Aiden

Post by DualBlade Aiden »

yeah, the very first one I got, was OUTBREAK, and I was so lost, I never even got far, I probably only got one thing done, but now that I've got INFECTION, its better.
Irishhack

Post by Irishhack »

INFECTION would be the best to start with, but keep your eyes open for the other 3 games.
Mutaion is sorta difficult to find, but you can, Outbreak is hard to find, and Quarantine, is almost impossible
to find. I have bought all three so far, and i am currently about to fight Magus in Mutation, and i hope that by the time i get towards the end of Outbreak, i can find Quarantine. ITs a VERY addictive game, but i love it. Also GU.
TSGOTF

Post by TSGOTF »

twinbladePker wrote:Yeah, Cheese pretty much nailed it. They wont be same without all the instalments. If i were you id go with
Qurantine you ge the over all question answerd and you can unlock almost everything.
That's just what I was thinking.
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

Get Quarintine, it has all the party members, max lvl and all the weapons. Im guessing you have already played the hole series.
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

TSGOTF wrote:
twinbladePker wrote:Yeah, Cheese pretty much nailed it. They wont be same without all the instalments. If i were you id go with
That's just what I was thinking.
I was thinking more along the lines that I said all of that already, but I agree with him still.

If you make a thread, please reply with what is happening, don't just leave the thread to be spammed with the same stuff for 9 pages (not saying it's happening now :p), then for everyone to find out you found all four on ebay.

Still, it's either all or none. If you feel like spending the time, start with one, buy any that you encounter, but still only play them in the correct order.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

if u can only get one just get another game. or get the .ahck//another birth novels. those are based on the games butin balckroses view. plus there cheaper then the games.
languish

Post by languish »

i think you should buy all of them ^^
in order to enjoy playing them ><a

infection
mutation
outbreak
quarantine ^^
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

to be honest.... //INFECTION is only a tutorial game.... you can live without it, but if you are a fan, it is needed. also if you want to finish all ryo books inf. is needed