how many times did it take you to defeat skeith

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

How many times did it take you to defeat skeith?

1st try
45%
2nd try
23%
3rd try
15%
4th try
7%
5th try
3%
6th or more tries
7%

Total votes: 60

Nubes

Re: how many times did it take you to defeat skeith

Post by Nubes »

I killed skeith on 2nd time
Shade_Rain

Post by Shade_Rain »

lol, he was easy. First time for me. I was on recovery while Sanjuro and BlackRose beat the living crap out of him. Of course, he almost Restore Protected on me because I wasn't paying attention...
Nubes

Post by Nubes »

First time I fought him I went solo
Shade_Rain

Post by Shade_Rain »

Nubes wrote:First time I fought him I went solo
that was probably your problem.
Altre

Post by Altre »

Can you fight Skeith solo? I thought you had to bring someone with you.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I think that's the only phase you can fight solo...can't check it right now and i don't remember but, unlike with other phases, the cutscenes in Skeith's battle only show Kite and nobody else (usually other phases have BlackRose at least), but well...it has to be a very bad idea to go and fight him solo :P With heavely strong attacks that can lock you in place, an unavoidable strong attack, and a Data Drain that'll halve your HP and leave you all paralyzed with no one to help you, you aren't gonna last long XD
Altre

Post by Altre »

Yeah, he originally took my party down with me most of the time with Judgment (Day?).
Midori

Post by Midori »

Second try. First time I brought the wrong party members (Gardenia and Sanjuro) and also forgot to stock up on Healing items, so Skeith made quick work of me.
Kill Rain

Post by Kill Rain »

I beat skeith the first time. But For some reason the second time it took me two tries. he is freakin fast and actually one of the hardest phases besides Macha i think. When i first faced skeith my hands were like shaking and sweating. that was really weird cause i dont get like that when i play games. i guess skeith is the terror of death. lol.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kill Rain wrote:I beat skeith the first time. But For some reason the second time it took me two tries. he is freakin fast and actually one of the hardest phases besides Macha i think. When i first faced skeith my hands were like shaking and sweating. that was really weird cause i dont get like that when i play games. i guess skeith is the terror of death. lol.
Don't worry, you just felt victim by the fear the game wanted to put in you, and probably that happened to nearly everyone, at least to me it did xD Not only Skeith is indeed one of the hardest phases, but you fight him out of nowhere pretty much, after he put your lv50 friend into a coma and just divided someone who seems to have a high importance for the whole game (i know who Aura is and all, i'm just speaking as a first-time player), and is the first time you hear the A in C note thingy, during Skeith's battle theme, which already is quite some creepy boss theme..and Skeith himself also looks very creepy and deadly. All that simply makes your head go all "I'm gonna die i'm gonna die i'm gonna die i'm gonna die" and, if you got deep enough into the game, you'll also think that won't be a "normal" gameover...not thinking as if you'll go into a coma (well, maybe XD), but simply that more bad stuff will happen than just having to restart from your last save point. It's something you can only feel the first time, but it's an awesome feeling, similar to paranoia XD
You don't get the same "fear" with Macha, but in her case, it's mostly her 100%-hit all-Charm attack mixed with her already strong attacks and skills. She also leaves you in other status, but it's that one Charm that's very deadly, and you pretty much need luck to survive since you can't know what Macha's next attack is gonna be or what your team members will do to each other, and if Kite dies quickly then you're pretty much dead xD
Kill Rain

Post by Kill Rain »

Yeah. I died against Macha alot of times. I need to play all the volumes agian. Its just so fun playing all of them. I would say the top 5 bosses that are the hardest ( well for me) in all the games even G.U. were probably....

5:skeith
4:Macha
3: Azure Kite
2: Ovan
1: Cubia ( G.U.)
Albel_Nox

Post by Albel_Nox »

im pretty sure i did it on my 1st try... its been a few years...
Azure Ace

Post by Azure Ace »

Wow, so Skeith and Macha are the hardest phases? Wow, I think that I just may obliterate the "Quadrilogy" after all! (If I could find Quarantine!) I destroyed Skeith at Lvl 32 with lvl 31 Gardenia and lvl 32 Blackrose first try. Ppl say you should just leave Skeith to your allies while you heal them, and I say Bulls**t! As long as you are strong enough to NOT be one-hitted by the shockwave (or whatever his strongest attack was) and have plenty of healing items, its actually not too bad.

I personally found Cubia Core from Mutation harder, though far more boring and annoying, than Skeith.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Now try fighting Skeith at lvl27 or so, with Piros and Mistral...that's how i defeated him in my first try :P
Sure, at any level above 30, and especially while having Kite constantly as the healer while the others do the work, it's quite easy (i did that myself), but he's still the hardest phase, mostly for how unexpected the battle is and how all the attacks he uses against you are something you've never seen before. But yeah, as long as you have lots of healing items and make sure Kite survives, you aren't gonna lose (unless he makes a combo like Data Draining Kite, followed by Judgment and a double hit on any survivor...Skeith is also deadly for his speed to be able to do that).

Cubia fights are never hard, just long and tedious as he has the highest HP of all bosses, plus healing thanks to Repth Gomoras. Other strong phases are Gorre and Tarvos, for it's OHKO attacks, and Magus and Corbenik, that'll also OHKO you if you don't know what you're doing. But thazzit for IMOQ, which is actually a VERY EASY RPG if you're just a bit experienced with gaming already :P
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

TheSorrow wrote:Now try fighting Skeith at lvl27 or so, with Piros and Mistral...that's how i defeated him in my first try :P
Sure, at any level above 30, and especially while having Kite constantly as the healer while the others do the work, it's quite easy (i did that myself), but he's still the hardest phase, mostly for how unexpected the battle is and how all the attacks he uses against you are something you've never seen before. But yeah, as long as you have lots of healing items and make sure Kite survives, you aren't gonna lose (unless he makes a combo like Data Draining Kite, followed by Judgment and a double hit on any survivor...Skeith is also deadly for his speed to be able to do that).

Cubia fights are never hard, just long and tedious as he has the highest HP of all bosses, plus healing thanks to Repth Gomoras. Other strong phases are Gorre and Tarvos, for it's OHKO attacks, and Magus and Corbenik, that'll also OHKO you if you don't know what you're doing. But thazzit for IMOQ, which is actually a VERY EASY RPG if you're just a bit experienced with gaming already :P
That, and Tarvos is extremely creepy. At first, when I fought him, he used this move where he cries out mud, which I thought was blood at first, to teleport from one area to the next. Plus, the yelling didn't help at all. It got extremely annoying.
Minion S1

Post by Minion S1 »

just now beat him on my first try...was pretty easy once u got used to him...had blackrose give everyone a melee def bonus and a wood bonus, and kept using blackrose's life sword's earth spec, and i used a lvl 1 wood magic...had everyone at lvl 33. elk died twice, but no other problems aside from that
hiddenshadow

Post by hiddenshadow »

5th try. With Kite LV 29 Blackrose LV34 and Elk LV 40
wernid19

Post by wernid19 »

I never beat Skeith. I was underleveled the entire game.

The combat system isn't very exciting to me and leveling became tedious.
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

I did it my first time using Blackrose and I think Elk but I got all of them up to a really high level before I fought Skeith.