Japanese voices.....

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Zaftwave
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:03 pm

Japanese voices.....

Post by Zaftwave » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:10 pm

So I imported .hack//Infection quite many years ago. Imported the U.S version and if I remember correct I could switch from english voices to japanese and from jp to eng. anytime I wanted.

So since I was short on money back then and couldn't find the rest of the three games for a reasonable price on the net I just bought the PAL version. Strange thing here is that I've just started the game and I went into the options and there is no option where I can switch between jp and english voices.

Did they remove the japanese voices from the PAL versions? Hopefully someone can answer this.

Strange enough it says on the package:

"Voiceover bonus: choose Japanese for a totally immersive experience."

No idea if they are refering to the Liminality DVD or the game itself.

I hope they didn't remove them though....but it would suck if I had to beat the game to unlock the voice over option...

User avatar
ShinoBee
Posts: 926
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:02 am
Location: The Bay Area

Re: Japanese voices.....

Post by ShinoBee » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:05 am

Did you press the start button?

User avatar
Lunaros
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:24 am
Location: NSW, Australia. ^o^
Contact:

Re: Japanese voices.....

Post by Lunaros » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:09 pm

I have the PAL version, sooo... :3
Yes you can switch between them. There should be a "voice-overs" option when you press start. ^_^

User avatar
milliennium_fox
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:23 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Japanese voices.....

Post by milliennium_fox » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:48 am

From what I've heard, you have to complete the game before you can use the Japanese voice overs.

User avatar
ShinoBee
Posts: 926
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:02 am
Location: The Bay Area

Re: Japanese voices.....

Post by ShinoBee » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:23 am

Actually...

You press the start button, and then go to "voiceover". You will two options: English and Japanese. Move it to Japanese. :D And voila!

Maverynthia
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:55 pm

Re: Japanese voices.....

Post by Maverynthia » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:16 pm

A friend of mine has the PAL version and he said hitting the start button did nothing so you probably have to beat the game. I also managed to get an *ahem* backup PAL version and can confirm hitting start did nothing...

User avatar
Lunaros
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:24 am
Location: NSW, Australia. ^o^
Contact:

Re: Japanese voices.....

Post by Lunaros » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:59 am

Maverynthia wrote:A friend of mine has the PAL version and he said hitting the start button did nothing so you probably have to beat the game. I also managed to get an *ahem* backup PAL version and can confirm hitting start did nothing...
If my memory is correct, I'm fairly sure you did have to beat the game first, yeah. >: But there is an option in the Start Menu afterwards.
Also, if you carry completed data from INFECTION to MUTATION, it should still work. So I guess it would work with the others too. o:

User avatar
Dark Deception
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:27 pm
Location: Charelstown, Indiana

Re: Japanese voices.....

Post by Dark Deception » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:25 pm

Mistral sounds so cute in japanese! :D :D :D :D

User avatar
Zohar
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:21 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Japanese voices.....

Post by Zohar » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:16 pm

Ok... not to sound like a n00b or anything... but:

I've never really known what the hell a PAL version of a game is! How can you tell?

By the way, I've always been able to just hit the start button and change the voiceovers....

User avatar
Lunaros
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:24 am
Location: NSW, Australia. ^o^
Contact:

Re: Japanese voices.....

Post by Lunaros » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:28 am

Zohar wrote:Ok... not to sound like a n00b or anything... but:

I've never really known what the hell a PAL version of a game is! How can you tell?

By the way, I've always been able to just hit the start button and change the voiceovers....
A PAL version of a videogame is basically a version that only certain consoles can play- ones with the PAL region code. Consoles built in certain countries have this. o:

For example, a game from the US wouldn't play, say, an Australian game and vice versa. There are a few differences between them.
Generally the PAL versions (If the game in question was originally produced in a country with a different region code, that is) have less glitches, etc, because they're released after a previous version. The developers would've been able to find and fix glitches in the other version discovered after release by this point. o:

There are some other differences too, but I'm sort of brain dead at the moment. X_X Sorry. >:

I hope all that made sense. xD; I'm not the best at explaining this sort of thing, but I hope it helped. :3

User avatar
Zohar
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:21 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Japanese voices.....

Post by Zohar » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:33 pm

Lunaros wrote:
Zohar wrote:Ok... not to sound like a n00b or anything... but:

I've never really known what the hell a PAL version of a game is! How can you tell?

By the way, I've always been able to just hit the start button and change the voiceovers....
A PAL version of a videogame is basically a version that only certain consoles can play- ones with the PAL region code. Consoles built in certain countries have this. o:

For example, a game from the US wouldn't play, say, an Australian game and vice versa. There are a few differences between them.
Generally the PAL versions (If the game in question was originally produced in a country with a different region code, that is) have less glitches, etc, because they're released after a previous version. The developers would've been able to find and fix glitches in the other version discovered after release by this point. o:

There are some other differences too, but I'm sort of brain dead at the moment. X_X Sorry. >:

I hope all that made sense. xD; I'm not the best at explaining this sort of thing, but I hope it helped. :3
Thank you! That makes sense! =)

LoneFalcon001
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:16 am
Location: T3h intarwebs

Re: Japanese voices.....

Post by LoneFalcon001 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:04 am

if start doesnt work, hit select.

Post Reply