How many people have beaten the first series of .hack???

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

wernid19

Re: How many people have beaten the first series of .hack???

Post by wernid19 »

Exactly, I like GU's storyline better anyway.
Alkaid_loves_Haseo
Arena Empress
Arena Empress

Post by Alkaid_loves_Haseo »

Yeah, same here. The first games were good storyline, but they added so many characters and stuff, making it long and slow.
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

Alkaid_loves_Haseo wrote:Yeah, same here. The first games were good storyline, but they added so many characters and stuff, making it long and slow.
A) And G.U. doesn't?
B) It's called depth.

Anyways, I've beaten it, everything...except for the only freaking *from the actual game* quest. Too many items. Still, did the grunty races, did Mia's dungeon....though I haven't maxed out my books. Hmm...
wernid19

Post by wernid19 »

Balmung2 wrote:
Alkaid_loves_Haseo wrote:Yeah, same here. The first games were good storyline, but they added so many characters and stuff, making it long and slow.
A) And G.U. doesn't?
B) It's called depth.

Anyways, I've beaten it, everything...except for the only freaking *from the actual game* quest. Too many items. Still, did the grunty races, did Mia's dungeon....though I haven't maxed out my books. Hmm...
A) Compared to the original games, GU doesn't have that many
B) It was slow because of the battle system. Not fast paced like GU.
DualBlade Aiden

Post by DualBlade Aiden »

After beating G.U first, It'll take me a while, I'm too used to blocking and all that.
twinbladePker

Post by twinbladePker »

I like GU's story better but game wise I like R:1 more :? ... r:1 gruntys are weird though.
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

wernid19 wrote:
Balmung2 wrote:
A) And G.U. doesn't?
B) It's called depth.

A) Compared to the original games, GU doesn't have that many
B) It was slow because of the battle system. Not fast paced like GU.
A) Are you serious? Most of the characters from the story are in your party. G.U. has characters coming from everywhere, Guilds, Tournaments, Guilds...actually, those are the two places that are the most influential to character count. But really, GU has heaps more characters than IMOQ did. It is a longer series though, and is more expansive, so there is reason, but GU does have way more characters.
B) GU's is faster, but it has about the same, if not less, features than IMOQ. I liked the first series' system more, only because it added to the "feels like an mmo"...feel. I liked the realism of the first games. Realism, of course, of them being like an mmo. GU just seems....like a regular game. Still, the battle system is better in GU, if you are talking about, well, fun.
wernid19

Post by wernid19 »

A) Crap, I just checked .hack//wiki, you're right. But there aren't that many more party members in GU than in IMOQ.

B) I have my opinion, you have yours. I just think the battle system and the leveling system are too slow. And I'm glad that the dungeons don't take forever to complete fully like in the originals.
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

wernid19 wrote:A) Crap, I just checked .hack//wiki, you're right. But there aren't that many more party members in GU than in IMOQ.

B) I have my opinion, you have yours. I just think the battle system and the leveling system are too slow. And I'm glad that the dungeons don't take forever to complete fully like in the originals.
A) Even so, there are way more important characters that aren't in your party. Name one player from IMOQ who is a significant role *Shows up often in the games, not just somebody like Sieg* who isn't in your party. This excludes the Sign people, who were just kinda...extras.

In other words, GU has many people, like Guild Masters, The PK's, Matsu(...he might end up in your party, I forget), Moon Tree group, etc.
Thankfully, most of these become developed, so they aren't complete wastes ;D.

B) Difference of Opinion :) (I just liked the way IMOQ felt like a real mmo)
Also, your sig is giant. Might want to resize that stuff before a mod gets onto you :).
like GU's story better but game wise I like R:1 more :? ... r:1 gruntys are weird though.
o.O Are you sure you didn't get that backwards? Especially that grunty part ;D
*I miss IMOQ grunties ;_;*
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I got everything.
Beat all four games, did the Mia dungeon (first try too :P), and completed the item quest. Twas a lot of fun.
twinbladePker

Post by twinbladePker »

Anime Monkey wrote:I got everything.
Beat all four games, did the Mia dungeon (first try too :P), and completed the item quest. Twas a lot of fun.
First try? nice
I almost finished it first time but so much data drain :shock: got the "system error" for using it to much lol.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

I'm on Outbreak but I haven't been able to get psyched up to beat them all since the battle with Cubia was too easy when you get to level 50. Man he was fun in Mutation but in Outbreak he gets to be a little easy.
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

Cless wrote:I'm on Outbreak but I haven't been able to get psyched up to beat them all since the battle with Cubia was too easy when you get to level 50. Man he was fun in Mutation but in Outbreak he gets to be a little easy.
Don't worry, the whole game is a little monotonous, but the story is what should keep you captured. Otherwise, maybe just try to push through the story without leveling up on the side unless necessary. That makes it a little more difficult :).

Btw, welcome back. I haven't seen you in a while.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Balmung2 wrote:
Cless wrote:I'm on Outbreak but I haven't been able to get psyched up to beat them all since the battle with Cubia was too easy when you get to level 50. Man he was fun in Mutation but in Outbreak he gets to be a little easy.
Don't worry, the whole game is a little monotonous, but the story is what should keep you captured. Otherwise, maybe just try to push through the story without leveling up on the side unless necessary. That makes it a little more difficult :).

Btw, welcome back. I haven't seen you in a while.
thanx,  The battle with Cubia was really epic but the second stage fight kinda surprised me. However he's really easy if you have a Heavy Axeman in your party.. I think the story will keep me playing though my biggest problem and probably the thing that made me stop playing for awhile was how leveling up was really difficult. Also thanks for the warm welcome. :)
Locke

Post by Locke »

I'm on the third one now :B

I had all of the games...but..well the first two got stolen and the third and fourth I sold to get a friend a present...then I founf 2&4 and got them because I had just gotten G.U.

It was becase of G.U I'm playing through the first four [[wants to defeat all of them before the last G.U game comes out]] I'm like...really happy wth the first games. I love Moonstone and Sanjuro and Balmung ;; And I've been pulling through a game in 2-3 days...so I should be done with them in no time :3
Cheese101
Location: At my table, eating cheese. It's good! Really. You should try some.

Post by Cheese101 »

twinbladePker wrote:I like GU's story better but game wise I like R:1 more :? ... r:1 gruntys are weird though.
You played GU before the originals, didn't you... :toimonster: . I think R:2 monsters are really strange!

Plus, IMOQ has the most mysterious, deepest story in history! I mean, GU picks off of it for pete's sake! If you say you like GU better, you had to have played GU first, and most definetly you probably haven't even finished IMOQ!!! I am going to shoot something now to blow off some steam! :axe: !
twinbladePker

Post by twinbladePker »

Cheese101 wrote:
twinbladePker wrote:I like GU's story better but game wise I like R:1 more :? ... r:1 gruntys are weird though.
You played GU before the originals, didn't you... :toimonster: . I think R:2 monsters are really strange!

Plus, IMOQ has the most mysterious, deepest story in history! I mean, GU picks off of it for pete's sake! If you say you like GU better, you had to have played GU first, and most definetly you probably haven't even finished IMOQ!!! I am going to shoot something now to blow off some steam! :axe: !

Dont jump to conclusions I beat IMOQ like 5 times in order and the GU games. Also I played IMOQ first -.- ...
pwned
Last edited by twinbladePker on Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sinikui

Post by sinikui »

just recently beaten it waiting to buy the next one is the next game longer in comparison?
dothacker06

Post by dothacker06 »

twinbladePker wrote:
Cheese101 wrote:

Dont jump to conclusions I beat IMOQ like 5 times in order and the GU games. Also I played IMOQ first -.- ...
pwned
Sorry about the rambling then :lol: . Just had a hectic night last nigh...

Anyways, yes I have beaten the first series about three times now (stopped in the middle of the fourth time for G.U.). I began playing .hack when I was ten... amazing I could understand what was going on in my opinion!
Tanrim

Post by Tanrim »

I beat Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarantine but never Infection even though I do have it. I found the games (MO) when Outbreak was still new but didn't see Infection anywhere. Found it eventually, though. Long story short, started Mutation and went through to the end.

As much as I liked the games going through again seemed like too much and with time issues I never did. Been a long time though so I've recently started playing through Infection and plan on going all the way through for real. When I'm not playing G.U. anyway. Only thing I'm really worried about is the headache of all the skill based equipment. All the things on how to play I've forgot too, I suppose. :lol: