Does anyone here play FRAGMENT?

Discuss all the .hack games!

Do/have you Played/ Is it worth playing?

No
20%
Yes, not very good
No votes
Yes, I like it
80%

Total votes: 5

Custat

Does anyone here play FRAGMENT?

Post by Custat »

Hey there guys. Long time fan, newbie to the forum.
I just found out about the FRAGMENT reboot project and I was wondering if anyone here played? I'd try the android game or something but I have a really crappy phone.
I just wanted to know before I went through the trouble of downloading an emulator and all that.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: Does anyone here play FRAGMENT?

Post by Kaori »

Don't waste your time with it. want my advice? Just buy yourself an actual game instead of that.
Custat

Post by Custat »

That's a shame to hear. Thanks for your input though!
I'm not really into most games enough to buy anything though. Especially because I don't have a good PC or new console.
I guess I'll just hold out and hope the New World makes it over here...
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

You can pick up .hack//Fragment fairly cheaply if you did decide to buy it,far less expensive than trying to acquire the IMOQ or G.U. ^^'

Hopefully either Guilty Dragon/New World or a port reaches the west @.@
Custat

Post by Custat »

I'm still cursing the day my ex sold my complete collection of G.U.
Playing online has been all I've wanted for years though. If New World makes it over I'll be so happy... //sobs
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Custat wrote:I'm still cursing the day my ex sold my complete collection of G.U.
Playing online has been all I've wanted for years though. If New World makes it over I'll be so happy... //sobs
>.< sorry to hear about your G.U. collection,did she need the money?

There was .hack//KYAT some time ago but it wasn't much for chatting (while changing avatar),would be nice to have an offical online title to purchase as i'm sure micro transactions would help the sales for GD..not sure if New World has any ^^'
Custat

Post by Custat »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Custat wrote:I'm still cursing the day my ex sold my complete collection of G.U.
>.< sorry to hear about your G.U. collection,did she need the money?

There was .hack//KYAT some time ago but it wasn't much for chatting (while changing avatar),would be nice to have an offical online title to purchase as i'm sure micro transactions would help the sales for GD..not sure if New World has any ^^'
Long story short he was an alcoholic and he "needed" money.
Kyat? I don't think I heard about that one.
On top of always really wanting to play The World online with real people it would be really cool if the fanbase got a good kickstart again.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Custat wrote: Long story short he was an alcoholic and he "needed" money.
Kyat? I don't think I heard about that one.
On top of always really wanting to play The World online with real people it would be really cool if the fanbase got a good kickstart again.
:/ well that sucks, needed money for drink I'm guessing.

Yeah as in Chat, you could use a variety of avatars to walk around root towns and some areas though it was in japanese a site with instructions did exist explaining anything you needed to know such as chaos gate codes and how to get to places. Most people I saw there spoke english so it was all good ^-^

If we get one of the games in the West or even better a HD re-release/Remake then i'm sure that would help people get ahold of the game. Not many fans/interested people would fork over that kind of money ^^'
Custat

Post by Custat »

SSJScygoku wrote:
:/ well that sucks, needed money for drink I'm guessing.

Yeah as in Chat, you could use a variety of avatars to walk around root towns and some areas though it was in japanese a site with instructions did exist explaining anything you needed to know such as chaos gate codes and how to get to places. Most people I saw there spoke english so it was all good ^-^

If we get one of the games in the West or even better a HD re-release/Remake then i'm sure that would help people get ahold of the game. Not many fans/interested people would fork over that kind of money ^^'
Yeah

That's pretty cool. It's a shame there's nothing like that now. I don't think I'm gonna be able to even make Fragment work on my PC. lol
I'm still pretty upset we didn't even get versus... I would totally buy these online games if we got them...
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Custat wrote:Yeah

That's pretty cool. It's a shame there's nothing like that now. I don't think I'm gonna be able to even make Fragment work on my PC. lol
I'm still pretty upset we didn't even get versus... I would totally buy these online games if we got them...
?_? any reason you can't get the game to work? Also you could still technically buy .hack//Versus and play the game as its region free like .hack//LINK,albeit they are in Japanese. ^_^
Custat

Post by Custat »

SSJScygoku wrote:

?_? any reason you can't get the game to work? Also you could still technically buy .hack//Versus and play the game as its region free like .hack//LINK,albeit they are in Japanese. ^_^
My computer can't even play the game offline at a decent frame rate so I just don't think it's gonna work out.

Then comes the next problem lol
I'm still just on ps2.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Custat wrote:My computer can't even play the game offline at a decent frame rate so I just don't think it's gonna work out.

Then comes the next problem lol
I'm still just on ps2.
o-o ah that is a problem and who knows how stable the game would be oniline.

:P you need a PS3~
Custat

Post by Custat »

SSJScygoku wrote:
o-o ah that is a problem and who knows how stable the game would be oniline.

:P you need a PS3~
Yes I know that xD
The problem is the buying part LOL
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Custat wrote:Yes I know that xD
The problem is the buying part LOL
^.^ you could always borrow one from a family member or friend~ It saves you plenty of money xD
Custat

Post by Custat »

SSJScygoku wrote:
^.^ you could always borrow one from a family member or friend~ It saves you plenty of money xD
I don't know anyone who has one lol
I suppose eventually I'll upgrade. Once I'm stable/ caught up with bills
yeahmap

Post by yeahmap »

I know this is late, but my brother and I just recently started playing fragment online together. You might see us online. Feel free to join us whenever! I play a wavemaster and he's a twin blade.
asmaria

Post by asmaria »

I used to play it! I actually logged back in here to see what was up with all the stuff on Coldbird's page disappearing??? If you still have the files can you run it yourself? I'm not quite sure how it worked, but I never had the time to play and now I'm kicking myself... ugh. OTL
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Unfortunately they are stopping the game for good,well may change their minds later but due to aspects out of their control i.e. cheaters/glitchers making use of in-game coding aspects which they can't change due to not having the source code. They were receiving many complaints about not doing anything but there is nothing then could do from what I read ^^'
Custat

Post by Custat »

(Sorry for not posting in so long!)
I did actually end up getting the game to work and played with some friends for a while it was really fun! I hadn't been on in quite a while and I just saw the update to coldbird's page and boy is that a bummer. I never did figure out how to host servers or anything uAu
The news is sad for sure but being met with nothing but complaints definitely can't make you want to continue working on something like that. Super greatful for all their hard work though. I'm glad I got to play it at all.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

so, i ended up getting it running on my pc. took a bit of time, but i got it. when i logged in, i saw like 4 servers, and 0 people on haha. So then i logged off. plus side was it let me log out and i didnt get stuck in it.