New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Talk about .hack news unrelated to the other forums and other off-topic discussion!
SSJScygoku

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by SSJScygoku »

Nima wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:27 am Hiya. Been lurking for over a decade and a half, thought I might as well finally introduce myself
:D Welcome fellow dothacker! You are now upgraded from lurker to poster xD

Glad to see another long time fan, especially one thats not checked back on the site in so long though it is the main fansite you find when searching ^-^ I recall checking here often for updates and the latest news.

?-? did you ever pick up the boxsets as i'm assuming the tv wasn't the most efficient way to watch the series?
Nima

Post by Nima »

SSJScygoku wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:23 pm ?-? did you ever pick up the boxsets as i'm assuming the tv wasn't the most efficient way to watch the series?
What if I told you that I've avoided most of the spoilers all this time and I'm watching through it for the first time right now? Looking for a DVD copy to buy since it doesn't seem to be available for(legal) streaming anywhere.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Nima wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:27 am Wished desperately for .hack//FRAGMENT to come out in the US, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.
With the power of fandom, there has been many groups throughout the years that made this possible for everyone. Currently you can play with a legit or illegitimate copy of .hack//FRAGMENT, following some simple steps, and you too can play the game both ONLINE and in semi-English translation.

Nima wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:51 am Looking for a DVD copy to buy since it doesn't seem to be available for(legal) streaming anywhere.
A topic that came up last month in our Discord chatroom. I did some research and found Hulu has SIGN and Roots for streaming. Crunchyroll has the pages for all the series but no videos as their partnership with Funimation ended. Netflix does not have any. And FUNimation's streaming service has them all; with the exception of a few side stories i.e. LIMINALITY, GIFT, Returner, Beyond the World, and Thanatos Report.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Nima wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:51 amWhat if I told you that I've avoided most of the spoilers all this time and I'm watching through it for the first time right now? Looking for a DVD copy to buy since it doesn't seem to be available for(legal) streaming anywhere.
xD then I'd say thats some dedication on holding off watching the series and missing so many spoilers for it~ How are you enjoying the series so far?

Also Erroneous said FUNi's website is about the only one to have them but i'm pretty sure you need to be a member to watch them ^^'
thedudewhosadude

Post by thedudewhosadude »

I feel like I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but since it's pinned I'll get over it! I'm thedudewhosadude and apparently I joined here 13 years ago. I was a LOT more active on .hack//INFO and I suppose I just never followed up here...

Anyway, .hack//SIGN was my first online purchase, completed with a money order because of paranoia of giving out credit card details online...ah how the times have changed. .hack is a series I return to every now and again whenever some new bit of media comes out about it. Most recently replayed through the GU games with the PC release, though I still haven't made it through to part 4 - it's the completionist curse for me that stops me from going forward in the volumes, even though I know I already did it before on the PS2!

My current "Obsession" is .hack//ENEMY. I was into it when it came out but like many TCGs it was a bit cost-prohibitive. Every now and then I get a random itch to check ebay and surprise surprise, the last 2 tournament cards I needed were there. Now I'm just building more and more sets, so I'm always on the hunt for //ENEMY cards! Send me a PM if you're looking to part with some of your R, X, P, T, or GIFT cards - or, if you're missing a card or some, let me know and I'll see what I have!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

thedudewhosadude wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:00 am I feel like I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but since it's pinned I'll get over it! I'm thedudewhosadude and apparently I joined here 13 years ago. I was a LOT more active on .hack//INFO and I suppose I just never followed up here...
xD Not to worry,the thread's purpose is for introductions so doesn't matter how long has passed its intended purpose is being fulfilled. 0-0 wow so a long time member resurfaces,welcome back~

^.^ heck yeah far less of an issue now with most secure sites and ways of getting refunds, hope you didn't have issues when you first ordered e.g. broken case or it didn't arrive. ^^' yup not too much new happens that often with .hack besides the odd event and merch,well besides Last Recode~
:P good luck 100% these new games~

I see what you did there~ ^_^ ebay randomly has many of the promo/tournament cards kicking around along with the odd Xtra rare card from the booster sets. I'd imagine most of the cards I have can be found on ebay and fairly cheap so nothing I can really offer xD I've completed the booster sets, tournament cards and a fair amount of the promos along with GIFT which I bought years ago ^_^

?-? I take it you wouldn't be looking for any of the Japanese only card sets?
thedudewhosadude

Post by thedudewhosadude »

SSJScygoku wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:56 pm ?-? I take it you wouldn't be looking for any of the Japanese only card sets?
Nah, those would be a nightmare! Super rare!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

thedudewhosadude wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:08 pm Nah, those would be a nightmare! Super rare!
@.@ True some sets don't show up often in auctions and sites but for example you can find plenty of the common/uncommon .hack//LINK Victory Spark cards floating around, getting the R,RR,SR or SP cards probably won't be easy unless there is a listing with tonnes xD Same with the .hack//TC & TCG,the cards have shown up fairly often but not all of them at once but people may have plenty of the spares and with this set (technically 2 sets in one pack) there are only 6 holo cards which appear on yahoo auctions frequently~

xD doesn't help there is afew different card sets out there
affinity

Post by affinity »

Hiya folks!

I'm somewhat new to the franchise. I watched Sign and Roots when I was a teen, I hardly remember the details, but I remember absolutely loving it! I even regularly listened to Yuki Kajiura's enchanting songs on Youtube.
c:
It's been a while since I touched upon the series, possibly a whole decade, what got me back was I was in a comic/hobby shop, and came across novel sets of .hack//; I was flooded with pleasant memories and excitedly bought .hack//another-birth vol1-3, (sadly 4 wasn't included) :<

I always knew about .hack being a multimedia series, but I hadn't got a chance to play the games, so I'm really enjoying(!) this novel series which says it takes place in the old game with Kite, but from BlackRose's perspective! It's so good! Ah~ I love how accurately they depict the experiences of playing MMO's! from many peoples perspectives! <3

I'm thinking of trying out the entire franchise, starting with Another Birth and branching out from there.
Though it's unlikely that I'll be able to play the games, I only own a 3DS, Android, and a Chromebook. I'll probably watch playthroughs of the games on youtube ^w^
If I'm lucky, I can use my younger siblings PS2 and buy/rent some of the games if I can find them for cheap.
SSJScygoku wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:23 pmthe main fansite you find when searching ^-^ I recall checking here often for updates and the latest news.
Yup! There was only 2 community sites that came up when I too googled for a dothack forum. The other being off of wikia, it didn't have as good of a site layout/functionality, so I chose dothackers instead! >:3c

Anyway, nice to meet everyone! Looks like a friendly community so far, hope to make some friends here! ~
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

affinity wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:29 am Hiya folks!
^(^_^) welcome to the boards fellow dothacker~

I'd definitely recommend rewatching .hack//SIGN and .hack//ROOTS if it has been so long,helps since you've been reading Another Birth~ :D

Thats quite the find in the shops,you don't often see much of .hack in any shop nowadays well perhaps the FUNi re-releases of the anime if you live in the states xD

^-^ Another Birth was quite an enjoyable read,helps you understand what she is going through and introduces some new cast at the time given Blackrose dos have a life outside of Kite. Though I do recall afew inconsistencies however that was due to Tokyopop's translation rather than the novel lol

:3 By all means give the entire .hack a try though finding cheap/rental copies of all of IMOQ might be tricky, probably Infection and Mutation aren't tough but the other two may not be in any place to rent given their price. Best to stick with youtube playthroughs if thats the case unless you find someone with the games ^^' Good luck borrowing your siblings PS2 when the time comes~
affinity wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:29 am Yup! There was only 2 community sites that came up when I too googled for a dothack forum. The other being off of wikia, it didn't have as good of a site layout/functionality, so I chose dothackers instead! >:3c
xD this is the main .hack forum most people come across,there were some other sites but most are inactive nowadays~ Glad you decided to check out dothackers.net!
affinity

Post by affinity »

SSJScygoku wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:35 pm ^(^_^) welcome to the boards fellow dothacker~
Thanks!~
I'd definitely recommend rewatching .hack//SIGN and .hack//ROOTS if it has been so long,helps since you've been reading Another Birth~ :D
Good idea :3 I read above that most .hack anime is available on Funimation, I'll have to see to that!
Thats quite the find in the shops,you don't often see much of .hack in any shop nowadays well perhaps the FUNi re-releases of the anime if you live in the states xD
Yeah, I was surprised af, I wish I could have afforded all the sets, but I only had enough for one. Took me about 10minutes of deciding which one to grab lol.
^-^ Another Birth was quite an enjoyable read,helps you understand what she is going through and introduces some new cast at the time given Blackrose dos have a life outside of Kite.
Yeah! She's really interesting!
I'm on volume 2 so far, and have been introduced to..
 Elk! Who has a striking similarity to Tsukasa?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Glad you decided to check out dothackers.net!
I notice it slow here too, but that's okay, thank you again for the warm welcome kind traveler~!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

affinity wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:52 pm Yeah, I was surprised af, I wish I could have afforded all the sets, but I only had enough for one. Took me about 10minutes of deciding which one to grab lol.

:D Then I hope you can get the remaining ones next time~
affinity wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:52 pm Yeah! She's really interesting!
I'm on volume 2 so far, and have been introduced to..
 Elk! Who has a striking similarity to Tsukasa?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
:D The person in question has the same character model, you'll need to read more (or play/watch through IMOQ) to see the what happens with them~
affinity wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:52 pm I notice it slow here too, but that's okay, thank you again for the warm welcome kind traveler~!
^^' Yeah there isn't too much going on but several members are lurking in the background,alot of them tend to be on the Discord channel though @.@
SoftSolitaryHypha

Post by SoftSolitaryHypha »

Wow.. it's been such a long time I didn't think this board was even still active.
Hello everyone, or to those who are still here, my name is Tiffa.
I once was very active on this board in middle school when the dothack craze began.
Since then I haven't really touched the games after beating them 16 years ago now.
... Geez I feel so old saying all this, lol.
I'm 30 now, have a job, care for my dog who is 11 this year, and currently looking at apartments in Italy.
Not really sure what else to say here.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

SoftSolitaryHypha wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:55 pm Wow.. it's been such a long time I didn't think this board was even still active.
Welcome back
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

SoftSolitaryHypha wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:55 pm Hello everyone, or to those who are still here, my name is Tiffa.
^(^_^) welcome back to the boards, glad to hear you are in employment and looking for a place to stay~
Not to worry i'm sure there are older fans here so you are on the young side xD

:3 what first got you into .hack back then,did you stumble across the games while they had just came out or caught .hack//SIGN on tv perhaps?
BlackReapersWolf92

Post by BlackReapersWolf92 »

Hi I'm new to this forum. I didn't know about this site until after I beat the storyline of Vol. 1, 2, and 3. It would be helpful if I knew before hand. You can just call me Reaper.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

BlackReapersWolf92 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:54 pm Hi I'm new to this forum. I didn't know about this site until after I beat the storyline of Vol. 1, 2, and 3. It would be helpful if I knew before hand. You can just call me Reaper.

?-? Was this after you beat the original release of .hack//G.U. or are we talking about the Last Recode?
BlackReapersWolf92

SSJScygoku wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:00 pm
BlackReapersWolf92 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:54 pm Hi I'm new to this forum. I didn't know about this site until after I beat the storyline of Vol. 1, 2, and 3. It would be helpful if I knew before hand. You can just call me Reaper.

?-? Was this after you beat the original release of .hack//G.U. or are we talking about the Last Recode?
I only own a PS2, not a PS4 which I wish I did
So no I haven't played the latest DotHack. I only stick with the original games on older consoles
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

BlackReapersWolf92 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:09 pmI only own a PS2, not a PS4 which I wish I did
So no I haven't played the latest DotHack. I only stick with the original games on older consoles
^_^ Well you managed to play all the main games, Last Recode does add extra content but you've covered most of it in the original releases~

xD I'm surprised there are fans who are only finding this site, it was the main one to appear on google searches, how long have you been into .hack? ?-?
BlackReapersWolf92

SSJScygoku wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:38 pm
BlackReapersWolf92 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:09 pmI only own a PS2, not a PS4 which I wish I did
xD I'm surprised there are fans who are only finding this site, it was the main one to appear on google searches, how long have you been into .hack? ?-?
I've been into it since middle school so pretty much 16 to 17 years. I would check out the manga for .Hack//Roots. Haseo always intrigued me