Disaster: Day of Crisis. And other Wii titles...

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

A possible bestseller?(D:DofC, or DDOC...)

mabe...
67%
naa...
33%

Total votes: 3

Saisu

Disaster: Day of Crisis. And other Wii titles...

Post by Saisu »

This game is looking really good for the Nintendo Wii.
The graphics seem to be near the quality of a 360 title, and the gameplay seems to be very good, you'll have to run, climb, swim, drive and go "OSHI- OSHI- OSHI-" as you race away from a pyroclastic flow, like in the Discovery Channel movie "Mega Eruption".
Short trailer: Quicktime Tiny Too... lazy... to find... 20 second... trailer... damn... removed... should of found way to save stream...
This is the whose E3-06 nintendo presentation segment. HEYA(it's all real game play)
Monolith, the developers behind F.E.A.R. and Condemned are bringing a new kind of action game to the Wii. Titled Disaster: Day of Crisis, here's the first details straight from Nintendo:

Format: Wii
Launch Date: TBA
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending) (T-M?)
Game Type: Action
Accessories: TBA
Players: TBA
Developer: Monolith

KEY INFORMATION
Survive nature’s most devastating catastrophes in Disaster: Day of Crisis, a panic inducing survival game for Wii. In a devastatingly short period of time, an unprecedented wave of natural disasters has pummeled the United States. On top of this inexplicable series of disasters, a rogue special forces unit has taken advantage of the chaos and seized a nuclear weapon. Only Ray, a former member of an elite rescue task force, has decided to take a stand.

# Cutting-edge physics and gripping visuals re-create the sheer terror of major catastrophes.

# Players race a car down a mountain to escape a roaring pyroclastic flow, dodge toppling buildings during a devastating earthquake and swim for their lives in a raging flood. No matter what happens, fight to survive.
Why is it that this game will bring me pain to think about what's happening to the world...

P.S. A developer from... a french company... told me in person that the Wii Dev-Kit that he has worked on has both 480p and 720p outputs. (Widescreen)

Some other Wii videos that I found appealing:
Wii virtual console Kewl, several consoles in one.
Zelda Wii Gameplay The controls seem to be even better then what was shown at the conf. lol, violent.
LOL FAN-OVER-REACTION(s)
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=wii+fan+reaction

I was bored when I made this thread... so sue me...
Oh ya, the Havok Physics engine will be in several Wii games, that's the physics to the "Source Engine" that's used in Half Life 2, CS:S ect.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Re: Disaster: Day of Crisis. And other Wii titles...

Post by Erroneous »

Saisu wrote:Zelda Wii Gameplay The controls seem to be even better then what was shown at the conf. lol, violent.
*shutters the thought*

Ewwww.... They modernized Zelda a bit. I thought the setting was to be medievil referenced and not this Silent Hill steel mill chain mining reference. And the whole crosshairs part, the hell does a crosshair go on a bow and arrow? Whatever happened to the old "by the eye" techniques? And the battles attacks, are overly dramatic. All this just makes the game way too easy.

I'll say this though, looks as if the players will have a hard time adjusting to the new controller to be making the game easier :P

The person playing had some difficultly moving the cursor around.
Saisu

Re: Disaster: Day of Crisis. And other Wii titles...

Post by Saisu »

End of a Shadow wrote:
Saisu wrote:Zelda Wii Gameplay The controls seem to be even better then what was shown at the conf. lol, violent.
*shutters the thought*
Well, that level is not going to be an actual Zelda level, it was just made as an E3 demonstration, as for zelda looking as he does... well I think it's a good character upgrade.
As for the controls, they're still being refined and yes, it's a huge difference that we'll have to adapt to.

I like "bye the eye" shooting... keeps dumasses off online games with those controls...
88 posts... only one more 8 to match my other forum's account :P (888, not 96)

The Wii seems to have somewhat good graphics for it's price...
You'll need a video card that's a lot more money then the Wii's expected price to get graphics like that...