Sony's PS3 to have tilt sensitivity; sound familiar?

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

How do you feel about Sony after this?

I support them taking after a good thing; imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
14%
How lame; basically copying a function so similar to the Wii. Loss of brownie points for that.
64%
Indifferent; I would've done the same thing if it might help my console sell
21%

Total votes: 14

sirk

Post by sirk »

There is no point to bring them down verbally when in the end, it depends on if the console actually sells well regardless of what people say.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

sirk wrote:This was my source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705887p1.html

Looks like I mistook it to mean only the 20GB package. The motion sensing/rumble thing is a valid point, I suppose you're right on that.
Pretty sure "Even worse, it appears that rumble doesn't appear to be included with the new six axis sensing controller." is an all-encompassing statement about the controller, unrelated to the model.
sirk wrote:I can only recall one other electronic game to feature it; Kirby Tilt-n-Tumble. Which others used it as well?

What Sony did is such a big deal because they only threw it in fairly recently and is a blatent attempt to try to use Wii's unique feature to promote their own future console.

It would happen eventually, but because Wii introduced it first into the major console war. And only a few weeks ago did Sony incorporate similar technology into their controller.
Microsoft did it four years ago.
sirk

Post by sirk »

Kuukai wrote:
sirk wrote:This was my source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705887p1.html

Looks like I mistook it to mean only the 20GB package. The motion sensing/rumble thing is a valid point, I suppose you're right on that.
Pretty sure "Even worse, it appears that rumble doesn't appear to be included with the new six axis sensing controller." is an all-encompassing statement about the controller, unrelated to the model.
I realized that when you posted previously.
Kuukai wrote:
sirk wrote:I can only recall one other electronic game to feature it; Kirby Tilt-n-Tumble. Which others used it as well?

What Sony did is such a big deal because they only threw it in fairly recently and is a blatent attempt to try to use Wii's unique feature to promote their own future console.

It would happen eventually, but because Wii introduced it first into the major console war. And only a few weeks ago did Sony incorporate similar technology into their controller.
Microsoft did it four years ago.
There we go.
Saisu

Post by Saisu »

I'm not going to get a PS3 for 3 reasons:

1 - In october, one month after the PS3 comes out, there will be a massive new line of computer parts that far exceed the PS3 in power greatly.
2 - The PS3 is just a corporate ripoff.
3 - $599??? OMFG IT's A FREGGEN CONSOLE!! NOT A COMPUTER!!!
  The Wii has about the same graphical power as the 360.
And about the Cell processor... it's just like an AMD X2 or FX-60 but with alot more cores, the best you can get right now is a computer that uses 4 dualcore processors.... mmmm 4 Opteron 800's...
And yes the controller is a ripoff... to some degree.
It's not like Sony even makes any of their own things, Sony cell phones contain Toshiba parts, the PS2 is made by Intel, ATI and one other company I forgot about.
OmniAngel

Post by OmniAngel »

I am one of the biggest Sony fanboys around (DMC 1, 2, 3, 3SE, FF, Onimusha, Ace Combat are to blame) and even I think that was low. And to switch the Dual Shock for the Gyroscope?!?! Sony...you are dead to me...well, dead untill DMC 4 comes...*Cuddles with Dante and Virgil plushies* I love joo....