Final Fantasy Series

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Which Final Fantasy game is your favorite?

Final Fantasy IV
4%
Final Fantasy VI
11%
Final Fantasy VII
34%
Final Fantasy VIII
15%
Final Fantasy IX
No votes
Final Fantasy X
28%
Final Fantasy X-2
9%

Total votes: 47

Cloud

Final Fantasy Series

Post by Cloud »

I know that this is a .hack forum, however, I have also seen a lot of Final Fantasy fans in here as well. So, I was wondering what Final Fantasy game is everyones favorite and why??

My favorite Final Fantasy game would have to be Final Fantasy VII. I just loved the characters and all the conspiracy and story of the game itself. It was also packed full of twists and drama that kept you on the edge of your seat. Too bad that they couldn't redo the original game with PS2 graphics. I think that it would make one heck of a game :wink:

With this said though, I am still a huge fan of the other games as well in the series. It does make it hard to choose, but I would have to say that FFVII does take the cake for me.

P.S. I would have included more games into the polling, but the system would not let me add more. So, I tried to pick the ones that I have heard most people talk about. If a different one is your fav. just don't vote and post it as a normal message :D
Lady Subaru

Post by Lady Subaru »

I'd have to say FFX-2! :D Rikku is the best! She's soo cool! >.< FFVII is also good. Of course Cloud and Sephiroth are going to be in Advent Children! 8) Besides, Aeris is really pretty! But I got sad when she was killed. :cry:
Cloud

Post by Cloud »

Yeah I know, I'm looking forward to Advent Children very much. And I also agree with you that it was a very emotional scene when Aeris was killed.
chrissii

Post by chrissii »

Final Fantasy X-2 is my number one game at the moment (since i'm done playing the .hack games that are out...), but even though it is incredible and i lovve it, i would say my numero uno FF game has to be Final Fantasy IV. Let's face it, it was the first FF that had a really long, beautiful, epic storyline (the first three on the NES were okay, but, truth be told, i really didn't care for them :oops:) and for me, it was the first game that really drew me in and had me love the characters (Chrono Trigger followed shortly after,) and it was the game that got me really into the Final Fantasy series. :D so yeah, I guess it holds a special place near and dear in my heart ^o^
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

I had to add the "None" option so I could vote. Hope nobody minds :wink:
d5t

Post by d5t »

Well a None option is not neccessary. Cloud stated what is your favorite Final Fantasy game. If you don't like the series (points to OrangeSlice) then just don't say anything. :roll:

I base my favorite Final Fantasy off two things in this order: Storyline and Gameplay.

Final Fantasy X gets my vote--Best story out of the whole series. Although many others do come close. Gameplay was also great; You could actually control an summoned monster (called aeons in FFX), which was a plus, and the sphere grid was unique, but not liked by all.
chrissii

Post by chrissii »

*raises hand*

yeah, i'd be one of those sphere grid haters that you mentioned, haha. i don't know why i disliked it so much, it just never really caught on with me, it seemed like too much of a pain, and... arg i dunno. :roll: i'm a much bigger fan of the Job Class syst-- erm, 'scuse me, Dressphere system (heh) used in FFX-2 and others... I like how each Job/Outfit has a wide range of abilities that are learned over time through battles. And the Gun Mage's Blue Bullet.... rocks. I guess it's kind of like Kimahri's Lancet ability, but it's much easier to harness. ^_^v Plus, it's cool to get to see how each character looks and acts under the different Jobs and such!
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

Cloud wrote:Too bad that they couldn't redo the original game with PS2 graphics. I think that it would make one heck of a game
Now there's an awesome idea. Maybe I'd actually like the game more. And I'd want to see FFVIII (my second favorite) re-done, too. Maybe they'll do that for the PS3 (I can hope at least).
d5t wrote:You could actually control an summoned monster (called aeons in FFX), which was a plus, and the sphere grid was unique, but not liked by all.
That was a welcome change, in my opinion. I loved being able to do that. It's better than just summoning and then watching some "cutscene" and how much damage was done. And the Sphere Grid was awesome. It beats "leveling up," which I think is kind of stupid.

FFX is my favorite, also. I like it a lot. It had an awesome story, the battle system was really fun, and the characters are the most memorable. Plus, the ending rocks!
trippedwire

Post by trippedwire »

my favorite before ffx-2 came out was ffviii, which seems to be what everyone else usually hates the most.

BUT right now i'm having so much fun with ffx-2 that it will probably end up being my favorite.
chrissii

Post by chrissii »

Ardo wrote:It had an awesome story, the battle system was really fun, and the characters are the most memorable. Plus, the ending rocks!
Man, I never DID end up beating Sin... :cry:

But yes, the characters are very memorable... Rikku rocks... Lulu and Wakka were awesome... and Auron... he was just plain coolness. 8)
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

trippedwire wrote:my favorite before ffx-2 came out was ffviii, which seems to be what everyone else usually hates the most.
I can understand why most people didn't like it (the draw system can get annoying when you only get 2 of a magic) but it still had an excellent soundtrack, good characters, and a good love story (even though the story does take a weird turn near the end).
chrissii wrote:Man, I never DID end up beating Sin...
You want to, trust me. You should go play it now. :wink::lol:
Cloud

Post by Cloud »

I definitely agree with all of you. There are many great qualities in every Final Fantasy game.

The ability to control the Aeons in FFX was a totally great idea, the dressphere system was also very unique and fun to mess around with, and I definitely also agree that to be truly great you have to have great characters, great story, and good game play.
Mia

Post by Mia »

There was a rumor a long time ago,that they planned to remake FF7 and FF8,this was a few years ago though.The idea probably was scrapped.
My favorite is FF7,it is one of the first rpgs I had played.FFX was alright,I just like the battle system,the aeons and switching with party members.
I hated the sphere system.
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

Actually... while im not a huge FF fan, I might as well say something. The comment on the remake of FF7 is somewhat right. Now what they are going to do with it is uncurtain. In some places I have seen a game advertized, but the main thing that I have seen is having it turned into a movie.

Either way, I would be happy.
Cloud

Post by Cloud »

I am also unsure of exactly what they plan to do with the Final Fantasy VII series. Yes, there was a rumor that they were going to remake the games with the more advanced graphics, but I believe that they scrapped that project and decided to release the movie instead.

The movie that they are currently producing will go into more detail of our favorite characters from that series, and pretty much do what the game would have done (except for the fact that we will have no control over this action now). Also from what I have heard, it will be released in DVD format and sold in stores only (which means that it won't be released in theatres). At least that is the rumors that I have heard so far.

If anyone else knows more information let us know.
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

I don't know if there really is any more info than what you listed. I've only seen screenshots and read articles filled with speculation. From what I've read, there isn't even an official North American release date yet :x I really hope they decide to bring it over. I mean, with the large amount of FFVII fanboys here I'm sure they'd make a profit, and I certainly wouldn't mind owning it.
Cloud

Post by Cloud »

I know what you mean, I'm definitely nervous whether they are bringing it to the states or not as well :? .

I sure hope that they do.....
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

Why'd you have to go and make me choose? :P

Out of all of them, I guess I can say I like FFX the most (though its sequel is also dear to my heart for various reasons). There are few other games that I've played as much as that one (just about 200 hours at the moment). I love the characters, the battle system, the Monster Arena, the Sphere Grid... I could keep going on. And I loved Tidus, even though it was not a good idea to be laughing so much in the middle of the night (when I usually played it my first time around).

FFVII is another one of my favorites. So is FFIX, which basically means my opinion is no longer relevant. :wink: FFIX is like the black sheep of the family, but without it I probably wouldn't be posting in this thread at all. (For a while, I really hated Square and its games) Most people hate FFIX, from what I've seen. Of course, I tend to like things fandom usually hates. :roll:

(please excuse the long-windedness, I've been reading Tolkien)
Cloud

Post by Cloud »

Your long winded post is not minded at all. Personally, I had quite the hard time choosing as well. I love all of the Final Fantasy games, there are a few that are up the list a ways, but its still hard to choose. I guess I just like the combination of Cloud and Sephiroth the most and thats why I choose FFVII.
chrissii

Post by chrissii »

Solaris, you're definitely not the only one around here who loved FFIX. I adored the game! The characters, plot, music, and scenery were all just wonderful. Also, it was great to see Final Fantasy return to it's "Fantasy" roots, after a horrorshow like FFVIII (God I hated that game. Everything about it irked me. :x)

PS: Your icon is Baralai, and that totally rocks. 8) I finally got to the "1000 Words" scene last night... so awesome. ;)