Final Fantasy Series

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Which Final Fantasy game is your favorite?

Final Fantasy IV
4%
Final Fantasy VI
11%
Final Fantasy VII
34%
Final Fantasy VIII
15%
Final Fantasy IX
No votes
Final Fantasy X
28%
Final Fantasy X-2
9%

Total votes: 47

Tsuki of the Silver Moon

Post by Tsuki of the Silver Moon »

Both of my brothers are playing FFTA and they are addicted. Last week they were at the 48 hrs. mark.
I finished FFTA in January. It took me way over 30 hours to finish it since I got it in November. I was addicted to it and played it for five hours straight once. The freaky thing was that i forgot to blink the whole time :shock: .....
Anyways, I haven't really seen a lot of the Final Fantasy games. My cousin shows me Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 10 whenever i come over to his house. I like the song "TO ZANARKAND" from FFX though and i have it stuck in my head since my cousin played it on the piano (he can play the battle theme from FF7 too and memorized it).
Shadow_X

Post by Shadow_X »

ROCK ON! I'm the only person who voted for FFVI! I'm not surprised that VII and X are popular. I've played and beat most of them (not X-2 and Tatics). FFVI was my first one I played all the way through and its just the one that stands out in my head as my favorite.

Edit: I have horrible spelling :D
piko24

Post by piko24 »

mine would be ffx and x-2 for one thing, its the first final fantasy with a sequel and they both were great stories (even though i didnt get 100% on x-2 but ima bout to)
SephirothSolace

Post by SephirothSolace »

FF VII is by far better i plot than anything ever. Bar none in any genre, on any console, or in any book (except the Bible). It's battle system needed some work though. FF X-2 did a great job redoing the ATB system.
The major drawback in FF X-2 is there are only three characters in the US version.(Dang!! what I wouldn't do for International :!: :!: :!: ) Also, like was already pointed out, FF X-2 lacks any plot what soever, unless you played FF X. Now som,e people say, "well, there's Shuyin and Lenne." but that's just like a mini plot thing. (Like Vincent from FF VII, and ViVi from FF IX).

FF X-2 Wins Best Battle System Award, Best Class System Award
FF X Wins Worst Battle System Ever Award, Best Character Development Award
FF IX Wins Best Classical RPG that's not a Classic
FFVII Wins Best Plot Award, Best Character Award
redmonkey842

Post by redmonkey842 »

Just a question but why isnt FF-X1 in the option of voting???
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

Ack. If redmonkey842 hadn't "revived" this, I would have never noticed SephirothSolace's post, which I will now proceed to disect and disagree with.
SephirothSolace wrote:FF VII is by far better i plot than anything ever. Bar none in any genre, on any console, or in any book (except the Bible).
I really don't think a plot that has gaping plot holes is better than any other plot in existence.
SephirothSolace wrote:Also, like was already pointed out, FF X-2 lacks any plot what soever, unless you played FF X.
I'm not the biggest fan of FFX-2, but saying that it lacks any plot whatsoever is a bit harsh. FFX-2 is about Spira's "recovery" after the defeat of Sin, and, ultimately, to find out what happened to a certain main character from the original. What do you call the conflict between the Youth League and New Yevon? What about the whole Vegnagun issue (even though it felt like it was put in because they "needed a final boss," it's still part of the plot)?
SephirothSolace wrote:FF X Wins Worst Battle System Ever Award, Best Character Development Award
The "Worst Battle System Ever" award?!? Dude, if that belongs to any game listed on this poll, Final Fantasy VIII wins it by a landslide (and only because drawing in-battle takes forever and using spells you're junctioned to decreases your stats, which blows). What was so wrong with Final Fantasy X's? Was it because you could take as long as you wanted? If so, that's a reason why it's a GOOD battle system.
SephirothSolace wrote:FFVII Wins Best Plot Award, Best Character Award
How are Final Fantasy VII's stereotyped characters the best? Thankfully you didn't give Final Fantasy VII the "Best Character Development Award," because the characters go practically nowhere.

redmonkey842, it may have had something to do with the amount of options you can put in polls. I don't remember what the max is, though.
Genji

Post by Genji »

I will go for FFVI, because thats the characters I remember the most. Oh, and even though it was another apocalyptic game, I think it did the best overall.
Icemasta

Post by Icemasta »

you forgot an option: I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!
lil text about how i feel about them ^^

FFVI: I like it... because i played it long ago and dun remember but i remember it was fun^^ this game rocked

FVII:Ah, the first 3d FF. We , FF fans, waited loooooooong time for it. The story was awesomly good, although we can say the graphic suxed now^^ I liked also the conflict between Sephiroth and Cloud and how Aeris was mixed in this. But i hate Square-Soft-Enix for removing aeris revival!!!! I HATE THEM FOR ThAT!!! HOW COULD THEY!!! POOR AERIS!!!!

FFVIII: great plot, i hated the magic in this , was a bit complicated, summons took too long but once you get the hang of doing criticals all the time and junctioning ultima with str to do 9999 it starts to be fun. Seifer should have had more place in the game tho... as for Edeas her ending was rather brute. But that game was still fun except for the ragnarok theme song... i just hated it (stupid alien in the Ragnarok ship freaked me out)

FFIX: I love the ability learning system(although most abilities are useless). The game was fun but the hero suxed. It was more for younger peoples(lil boy with a monkey tail... OMFG GOKU!!!) I can't say i hated it but its the one i hate the most.

FFX:YAY!!! first PS2 game, The story was good, yuna was cute, Wakka had funky hairs and we heard FF people talk for the first time!!! i love the weapon making system and the weapons and how they fought and all. I also love the new in-game Aeons as characters.

FFXI:wont play ><

FFX-2: Aye aye! The first thing i noticed in this game was... how girlish it was^^ It was made to attract girls to the FF serie i guess... oh well, The dressing system was ok, although it would get a bit boring at some points.
only 3 characters hurted tho... except that the game was fun and the mission thing was also alright.
FLARE of the Crimson Flam
Location: Making deals with higher beings, and chasing Amit Paul down.

Post by FLARE of the Crimson Flam »

Icemasta wrote:
FFXI:wont play ><
Me either. Yay another person who wont play this wretched game.
Sinvil

Post by Sinvil »

i love FFXI

how come you guys dont like it?

Also FF9 was the best as far as Playstation 1 FF games go.
FFX won over PS2

and FFXI for PC

thats it case closed!
Icemasta

Post by Icemasta »

Sinvil wrote:i love FFXI

cant pay
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Icemasta wrote:

cant pay
I prefer playing on my own and offline. All FFXI is an online MMORPG.
Sinvil

Post by Sinvil »

Helbaworshipper wrote:
Icemasta wrote:

cant pay

Really its an MMORPG... thats online! facinating... come on people. Thats not an excuse.

The fact that you cant pay hey ill believe that. some people dont have the funds to do certain activities. I would suggest that you look into it because its a very good game in my opinion but if your unable to thats a completly understadable reason.

for those who are just deciding to not play because its an MMORPG, have you tried other MMORPG? If so which? What made you hate them more?

If you toss those answers i might be able to compare it to FFXI (No im not bias and ill agree on certain things being a downfall in FFXI.)
FLARE of the Crimson Flam
Location: Making deals with higher beings, and chasing Amit Paul down.

Post by FLARE of the Crimson Flam »

Sinvil wrote:
Helbaworshipper wrote:
Icemasta wrote:

cant pay

Really its an MMORPG... thats online! facinating... come on people. Thats not an excuse.

The fact that you cant pay hey ill believe that. some people dont have the funds to do certain activities. I would suggest that you look into it because its a very good game in my opinion but if your unable to thats a completly understadable reason.

for those who are just deciding to not play because its an MMORPG, have you tried other MMORPG? If so which? What made you hate them more?

If you toss those answers i might be able to compare it to FFXI (No im not bias and ill agree on certain things being a downfall in FFXI.)

You want a reason I'll give you one I JUST DONT LIKE IT JEEZ!
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

People don't have to like a game just because you say so. I prefer to play by myself in a single player setting. I don't have the money, and I would prefer not to spend 5 hours strait online playing a game that is really good. It's just online, and has no single player. I'd rather play a single player game for FF. If people don't like playing online for a final fantasy game, it's not something you can just change. I just don't like a game that has no single player setting.
redmonkey842

Post by redmonkey842 »

People don't have to like a game just because you say so. I prefer to play by myself in a single player setting. I don't have the money, and I would prefer not to spend 5 hours strait online playing a game that is really good. It's just online, and has no single player. I'd rather play a single player game for FF. If people don't like playing online for a final fantasy game, it's not something you can just change. I just don't like a game that has no single player setting.
That the reason i almost didn't buy FF-X1
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

What's wrong with prefering to play games by yourself? Or just preferring to spend all that money elsewhere? And with FFXI, it's a choice of either buying it for the PC and probably having to update your system (if you're a casual PC owner) or getting it for the PS2 and having to buy the otherwise mostly useless hard drive to go with it. Besides, I'd rather have something I can actually beat.
Lynx_Raven_Raide

Post by Lynx_Raven_Raide »

i find the current results intersting, coz u can usually seperate FF fans into 2 catagories: those who like FF VII and those who like FF VIII, but it looks like X is more popular than VIII!
Sogan

Post by Sogan »

I think Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is the best FF game I played, but its about the only one I have! ^^'
Icemasta

Post by Icemasta »

omfg thx for reminding me
Final Fantasy tactic: WEEEEE i forgot about that one ><*blushes*
it was amazingly good, the game and everything how the battle goes was awesome. the one part i hated in this was the enemy lvl for big boss. it always took the overall level of you party so you might train hard before going for a boss but usualy its a pain to fight him. i liked the many characters in game and ramza reminded me of Cloud.

P.S. a reason why FFVII has been more popular must have been of Cloud's personality AND weapon.(huge kewl looking sword.... who wouldnt want that)
but sincerly i think FVII won over FFVIII because FVII get quoted in a few games e.g.: (Growlanser 3, when you visit a house a girl open and start talking about how ring weapon works then she says : "When you equip you Ring Weapon it transforms itself into a giant sword that would even make Cloud jealous.) (Kingdom Hearts: Cloud sephiroth) (FFVII:AC)